Tie Rez to Valkyrie

That might work. However… you still have someone who did not choose to use an ability shouldering some of the cost of using it.

Now abilities like that can work… if the two players have time to be like “Hey I’m gonna do this, you ok with that?” The two games I can think of that have mechanics that work like that are both turn based cooperative games. You have all the time in the world to be like “Hey, you good with this?”

Overwatch doesn’t exactly give you that time. Instead Mercy will be making a snap decision and hoping it works out.

And if it doesn’t work out, nothing is lost for the rezzed player.

Not much different than a Mercy starting to Rez you, then she dies/stunned/CC.

An extra death, extra fed ult charge.

Also OW players are not exactly the most level headed of people. This could easily get the Mercy player flamed.

More room for clutch plays, more room for botched plays.

I don’t see a problem with that.

Games aren’t games, unless they have a failure condition.

Personally having 60hps with no cd rez would be fine even without added mobility ability. I mean she already got bunny hop and they just need to make the super jump into an actual feature than a bug

Well they have 2.25 seconds of which Mercy could be healing them which would restore a 200 HP target to full, or indeed another ally could heal/protect them.

So instead of Mercy hiding other players need to hide? That doesn’t make any sense or solve any issues with Mercy. What a joke.

Is standing behind a tank, or getting a lot of healing, what you call “hiding”?

How does someone who can’t move, hide?

Vulnerable to taking damage. Meaning they can’t defend themselves while invulnerbale so they would have no choice but to hide to stay alive. Bad idea.

In the “Yellow Glowy state” you refer it as is 2.25 seconds long.

1 Like

Is standing behind a tank, or getting a lot of healing, what you call “hiding”?

How does someone who can’t move, hide?

Also they could lower it. To say, 1.75sec.

In general, being rezzed should never function in a way that punishes the rezzed player. Let’s just leave it at that.

2 Likes

Somebody needs to get punished. And if it’s not the Mercy player, then who?

Any thoughts anyone? :slight_smile:

Well, certainly not the player who has no choice in the matter. If a choice has to be made it’s the Mercy, because she can choose not to use rez at all, although we see how great that is.

1 Like

So I guess we just stay with the current Rez then?

I mean, I don’t want that either. I’d say completely rework the mechanic from scratch if it’s going to stay as a form of E ability (although I maintain it’s not really balanced to have it there).

Agreed with this. If we are going to punish Mercy with slows self inflicting CC etc. It needs to be as grand as McCree’s ultimate as well.

I think this is the way to solve Mercy.

Just friken give her insignificant E ability and attach REZ to Valk.

1 Like

You aren’t necessarily wrong… but generally players hate when they can lose out of nowhere, or because of something they couldn’t possibly see coming. Battle Toads comes to mind.

It absolutely should be the Mercy player… just not a punishment that prevents her from moving or healing. Y’know… the two thing she was supposed to be known for after the rework.

Make the instant res end valk. Make it cut Mercy’s max hp to 100/120/150 for 3/5/8 seconds. Make GA put Resurrect on a 2 second CD. Make it so the enemy team can “kill” her souls before she gets there to Rez. I don’t really care what the downside to Resurrect is as long as it doesn’t go against her other two cores of healing and mobility and is fair and doesn’t make her a chore to play.

People tend to forget this is a SHOOTER. Death is a pretty good form of counter play to everything and is the longest (10 second) CC in the game. I will never understand how “res doesn’t belong in the game” but all the 1 button team wipes are okay.

2 Likes