Tie Rez to Valkyrie

I’ll make a more detailed and in depth post later but why not give mercy, 1 instant rez in Valkyrie and remove it from her base kit

Makes rez more enjoyable and smoother to use, but also allows for less ressing per game because she only gets 1 rez and it’s tied to Valkyrie

Edit: yeah valkyrie would have 60hps

3 Likes

she would be even more worthless.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t that just be another nerf?

1 Like

true but im presuming we get a 60hps with no utility e mercy if we tie rez to valk and id personally love that

that being said im not against having the current cd rez (with slow and cast time) tied to valk aswell if you get 2 charges like 1 when valk is activated then one after like 10seconds. tho this is me also hating the hold mouse button mechanic of valk so id prefer if they tweak chain healing as well

INSTANT. REZ. SHOULD. NOT. BE. A. THING. BECAUSE. INSTANT. REZ. DOESN’T. HAVE. A. COUNTERPLAY.

simple

5 Likes

but it ill be tied to ult

The devs said they didn’t want Valkyrie to be known for Rez.

1 Like

Im fine with 60 hps/sec base heals + 70 hps a in valk and 2 nc instant rez (in valk), no rez normally.

Valkyrie itself is problematic. It contradicts Mercy’s “single target healer” theme with its chain beams, and removes her designated weakness of being vulnerable to flankers focusing her down.

It might as well have been tied to ult when she could bypass the cast time with Valk in the past.

Surprisingly, that was still pretty damn OP.

2 Likes

‘E’ Ability:

• Stabilize - Mercy quickly stabilizes a targeted ally, reviving them at 1 HP. (No restrictions, given the critical state your ally is revived in.)

• When Valkyrie is active Mercy gains “Resurrect”, with a 1 second cast and the target is revived at full HP.

dear lord God, no one would want to be on the receiving end of that E.

3 Likes

Yes but she had 2 instant resurrects. OP is suggesting only 1. Also I think Valk was still 20s at that point.

Aaaaaand you lost me.

1 Like

Well, here’s an odd idea. Instant single rez.

But the Rezed player can instantly receive damage, and are still stuck in that yellow glow animation.

So, a slight buff to Valkyrie and huge loss of utility to her base kit?

As much as I hate her current E-rez it would probably just make her even worse in most tiers.

If they return her HPS to 60, maybe.
Also, instant ress if it is only one. To everyone saying there’s no counterplay, it has the same amount of Genji Dragonblade, A.K.A kill her before she does her thing.

Replace E outside valk with some sort of mobility ability that is not needed when in valk.

mmm… That downside is a bad idea.

The problem with that is that the invulnerability the Res target gets is largely used to cover that little animation to let the Res Target know they got Ressed when they can’t move anyway. It’s annoying enough to call your mech and lose it before you get to drive it at all… at least when that happens you have no one to blame but yourself. Dying again before you can move because Mercy Ressed you badly would be infuriating.

Also it’s not like people don’t know how to deal with an invulnerable, immobile target. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had the whole enemy team camp my Ice Block as Mei.

1 Like

Well, you wouldn’t be able to do anything anyways. So it wouldn’t make much difference whether it takes you a bit to gain your bearings.

Mostly because people do have a point that killing Mercy in Valk without an Ult or world-class sniper aim isn’t really a viable option.

I’m not following that comment.