Tie Rez to Valkyrie

So, a slight buff to Valkyrie and huge loss of utility to her base kit?

As much as I hate her current E-rez it would probably just make her even worse in most tiers.

If they return her HPS to 60, maybe.
Also, instant ress if it is only one. To everyone saying there’s no counterplay, it has the same amount of Genji Dragonblade, A.K.A kill her before she does her thing.

Replace E outside valk with some sort of mobility ability that is not needed when in valk.

mmm… That downside is a bad idea.

The problem with that is that the invulnerability the Res target gets is largely used to cover that little animation to let the Res Target know they got Ressed when they can’t move anyway. It’s annoying enough to call your mech and lose it before you get to drive it at all… at least when that happens you have no one to blame but yourself. Dying again before you can move because Mercy Ressed you badly would be infuriating.

Also it’s not like people don’t know how to deal with an invulnerable, immobile target. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had the whole enemy team camp my Ice Block as Mei.

1 Like

Well, you wouldn’t be able to do anything anyways. So it wouldn’t make much difference whether it takes you a bit to gain your bearings.

Mostly because people do have a point that killing Mercy in Valk without an Ult or world-class sniper aim isn’t really a viable option.

I’m not following that comment.

:slight_smile: ?

SHOOT. THE. FLAPPY. LADY.

Edit: Instant res is partial counterplay to all the instant hanzo headshots.

If you are immobile, stuck ina yellow glow animation. It’s not like you could move or shoot anyways.

So you would still have the same interval to gain your bearings.

That’s not what I meant.

If the person who just got Rezzed can take damage instantly… there’s potential for them to die before they can do anything.

Since the Rez Target isn’t the one who decided to be in that situation, that would be insanely frustrating when it happens.

Well, they could make it so that you get the same respawn timer, as if you were never resurrected.

They could, but I don’t think that would lessen the sting of the extra death that you couldn’t prevent much… if at all.

Also that raises other issues. Say someone dies… Mercy resurrects them within 1s. 8s later they die again. Do they then get a ~1s respawn timer? If yes, that’s a bit weird, if no, where do you draw the line on that mechanic happening?

Agree, 1 rez per ultimate, 60 hps, make her ‘E’ without valkyrie, a AoE insta heal. Like 50 health to every team mate in her vision.

50 hps is too low

They’d probably need a cutoff for the “get your old respawn timer”.

Probably 2-5 seconds after you gain movement.

So like instead of Mercy hiding to Resurrect you now want players to hide after they’ve been Resurrected. :thinking:

1 Like

Gives some counter play, without slowing Mercy down.

Also, no need to hide if you got tanks. Let’s imagine for instance, that Zarya bubbles would work on rezzed teammates.

Not to mention healing pocketing.

That might work. However… you still have someone who did not choose to use an ability shouldering some of the cost of using it.

Now abilities like that can work… if the two players have time to be like “Hey I’m gonna do this, you ok with that?” The two games I can think of that have mechanics that work like that are both turn based cooperative games. You have all the time in the world to be like “Hey, you good with this?”

Overwatch doesn’t exactly give you that time. Instead Mercy will be making a snap decision and hoping it works out.

And if it doesn’t work out, nothing is lost for the rezzed player.

Not much different than a Mercy starting to Rez you, then she dies/stunned/CC.

An extra death, extra fed ult charge.

Also OW players are not exactly the most level headed of people. This could easily get the Mercy player flamed.

More room for clutch plays, more room for botched plays.

I don’t see a problem with that.

Games aren’t games, unless they have a failure condition.

Personally having 60hps with no cd rez would be fine even without added mobility ability. I mean she already got bunny hop and they just need to make the super jump into an actual feature than a bug