Thoughts on new ptr patch?

People are also saying sym’s teleporter is deployed instantly

I would have thought that hanzo would have got a lot more nerfs

Also I feel like D.va will still be trash, but we shall see…

1 Like

dva buff is better than nothing, but she is still going to be hot garbage.

6 Likes

I played D.va a lot yesterday, and her boosters is not the problem. My mech literally gets destroyed in 3 seconds, that’s the problem! I have to hide next to walls. I go into the open for a few seconds, mech gone!

She’s short-ranged, yet I can’t be close to the enemies at all.

6 Likes

Seems pretty good overall, the D.va buff is weird tho.

5 Likes

And yall say devs dont listen, this is like almost every nerf discussion point from the past month or two.

Too bad there’s no buffs to anything though besides the strange dva one. I was really hoping for them to buff a lot of heroes who need something…pharah, brig, symmetra, dva (something to reduce her from being de-meched every 4 seconds)

6 Likes

D.va new ball…give her bunny hop skill and shes exactly like ball…shes slippery now, can do same thing as ball, be annoying and could heal off map pick ups, but her crit box is still huge and ball doesnt have it.

1 Like

I predict nothing will change.

Hanzo and Mei will likely need more nerfs.

5 Likes

I personally think that the Hanzo nerf was wrong. I would really prefer if his storm arrow was nerfed instead of his projectile speed. Maybe make him move slower when he aims too?
I still have yet to play ptr, but these nerfs are what I was hoping for, not a projectile speed nerf that’ll get a ton of time to get used to.

1 Like

I am happy about it, but they also needed to touch storm arrows. No headshots is such an easy simple fix and still allows low ranks to spam. The compromise of the century.

1 Like

It’s not bad overall, but… nothing for Bastion? Or Sombra? Or Symmetra? Or Torbjörn? Okay, I guess they’ll just stay dumpstered then. Not like I enjoy playing them, or anything…

2 Likes

sounds like the community got what they demanded so :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

So I can use Dva to fly around, have enough time to just wave and say hi, and fly back.
Well, nice buff…

That’s what a tank is for… “LOL”

1 Like

D.Va needed something else but it is what it is.
Baptise took the biggest hit in this patch but it could be partly to balance his primary/secondary. (The Soldier situation).
Hanzo change is very minor, it just means players need to time it differently but for hardcore Hanzo players but it will lower his accuracy in theory slightly.

As for Mei, well I’m a Mei main so I’m bias and will keep quiet… :shushing_face:

1 Like

People are also saying sym’s teleporter is deployed instantly

I don’t like the cd increase on IF personally. I feel like either duration or cd nerf, not both.
I wouldn`t have mind it if they reverted the recent buffs instead… but since those stay, it is okay …maybe?

I personally cannot imagine the effects of the Orisa nerf. If this heavily affects her when she plays together with Roadhog since her barrier isn’t much of a barrier anymore.

And about Hanzo… I could imagine its annoying to re-adjust to a changed projectile speed.

Doomfist. To be really honest, I don’t even know what the recovery time of uppercut is…

Dva buffs are always welcome.

Mei is fine I guess. Sounds okay to me. Not too harsh.

If you thought Bap took the biggest hit, I doubt you are too heartbroken about Mei’s changes. I do not even play her and think they went a little excessive on something that was not even realistically the problem. But I am glad you are not phased by it. Rofl.

Mei probably needs a bigger nerf, Hanzo MIGHT but it’s less important. Bap probably didn’t need any nerf at all but the field should always have disappeared after 5 seconds. Doom, meh I would have nerfed punch. Orisa needed a nerf but orisa should win shield break.

Sigma might need a nerf.

Noting about the balance matters or can be decided until mei is dealt with, then look at what happens. Maybe it was enough but I doubt it. The meta needs rein and Winston to be viable. And if that means completely removing mei from the meta so be it because she is one dps hero and there are plenty of other options, while she is in the meta orisa is must pick.

It’s a decent nerf to Mei but yes, I’m not phased by it and will still play her. I’m not going to cry nor throw a tantrum about it, I just need to work around it and move on.

As a Mei Main…
“I’m going to have to science the heck out of this!” :innocent:

2 Likes

What do you mean with this if I may ask?