Thoughts on Marvel Rivals?

Looks like some solid competition, especially with the fumbles lately i cant be the only one interested

3 Likes

I am very interested to play Luna Snow because she is cute. Overwatch struggled to make cute characters because… Um, coincidences, surely. I have no idea why. I couldn’t possibly guess.

So, anyways, I am relatively hyped.

3 Likes

Seems fun, might give it a try

Game as a service = No
Pay-To-Win = No
No creativity (copy of OW) = No
Unpaid work = No

I’m going to ignore this game because it’s one of the many soulless games that are designed around money.

I think I will give it a try on release.
Look interesting and maybe it is fun to play.

1 Like

I’m excited to try it out! I’m hoping Gambit will be playable!

2 Likes

All i know is netease is yuk

I was thinking Gambit would fit perfectly, Id love to see Blade in it as well, thats who im hoping to see at some point.

2 Likes

The entire live service thing is fraught with peril, I wish them luck but I am not holding out much hope for them.

1 Like

3rd person shooter :nauseated_face:

so you missed out on mega hits like RE Village? or Helldivers?

Give it another try i think you may be pleasantly surprised

it looks really good when I look at the trailer honestly

Fortnite is saying hi

1 Like

what about it did you like? i liked like the combination attacks

I like that it’s got diverse characters, which have their own unique abilities, smells of no fear of letting some potentially easier characters leaving strong, but not too strong

honestly i think the difficulty curve is entirely different with it being 3rd person

But to be honest it looks more in the direction of paladins then overwatch.

It looks like the 20 or so other games that attempted this exact genre, or genre adjacent, and died within 3 months, most recent of which being the Gundam game and Finals, and considering the most recent line of Marvel games I can expect some truly shameless pricing.

Doesn’t really matter to me. It’s PC only. So I’ll be passing on this one.

Marvel games really struggle because big bro Disney absolutely micromanages every single aspect of every part of the design. Like, even the hue of tiny bits of character design need to pass several Disney checks. I’ve only heard horror stories of teams who work with Disney for Marvel stuff, and how it’s soul sucking. In the end, if you can’t enjoy the work you are doing because it feels yucky going in to work, it will show in the product.

But personally, I thought the trailer looked mid and pretty cheap. It’s hard to compete to the level of polish OW has, top be honest.

what’s difficult about 3rd person view? any 3rd person shooter’s most difficult feature involves no decrease in it’s difficulty if they were to switch to 1st person view