This YouTuber is a bad influence on the Lúcio playerbase

A good amount of utility lucio has it hes a supoort who can deal with snipers so being aggressive when yiur dps isnt is a very good thing i have lect my team just to punish widow and we won because our moira had alot of healing.

Why not use someone more comparable like eskays with 468k

I’m the bad guy here. I just like Lucio’s hyper mobility.

I love wall riding, soaring from one wall to another across a wide gap, and watching as my teammates crawl to their destination.

I like blazing into a half health teammates area and amping my heal for them…

I like saving someone’s bacon by dropping the beat when they’ve got 2 ticks on their healthbar.

In regard to Reddit Lucio playstyle? I’m not that good. Can I stall a payload for a long time before I bite the bullet? Longer than I can on any other healer for certain.

Can I hold my own in most 1v1’s with Lucio? Yeah, most of the time, unless it’s Venture. They still give me problems. Tanks too sometimes, depending on skill/luck.

I’d buy a whole single player game playing as just Lucio

1 Like

Well, I didn’t have that, but prior to OW, the game that kind of had that same feeling was Titanfall, and prior to that, Tribes 1 and 2.

I wish I could convince my buddy to try the Titanfall 2 campaign

Yeah, that was an awesome playthrough.

“”“influencers”“” are a cancer on every game. I’ve never seen a scenario where these paid actors have done anything but make the community they infest more toxic.

Frogger and Redshell, OG reddit lucios…

There was a time in OW’s history where people didn’t take matter that seriously, lucio wasn’t just a speed/beat-bot like now, spamming off angles with bloon sized oreos and low skill burst with the boop.

those players actually cared about rollouts and skillchecks. the game used to be skillful and funny, communities where built around it.

nowadays people are just screaming at eachother and reporting for trying out stuff or not having one singular playstyle. (Yes, because this game now kinda forces onedimensional playstyles) For all y’all that never played OW1, you have definitively missed something called a game. It was fun while it lasted.

1 Like

You’re upset that a streamer is playing the game the way he wants to and “influencing” players…? Do you have any idea how much of a mom you sound like lmao.

Not like supports play an important role nowadays anyway.

1 Like

I genuinely believe most overwatch players think like this. They’re like the elitist casuals who think the game should bend to their terrible skill level (ahem dark souls haters) instead of just sucking it up and getting good or quitting.

Unfortunately for “Reddit Lucios” the game has changed around the hero and made this much more difficult to pull off. There’s just so much more CC in the game compared to launch (and we’ll count Ana as a launch hero for the purposes of discussing early OW when DSPStanky was popular).

You used to have to watch out for McCree flash and Ana sleep as the “wow this ability totally screwed over my momentum, panic mode” abilities. Mei M1 slowed and froze, though you could be high enough to avoid it. Maybe Hog hook, although I recall the interactions with Lucio being super janky and most Hogs early days couldn’t hit a wallriding Lucio.

Now in addition to those abilities there’s:

1. Ashe boop.
  2. Bastion grenade has boop.
  3. Brig, multiple abilities to screw with Lucio.
  4. Doom, multiple abilities to screw with Lucio.
  5. Junk has an extra mine, less risky to try and use one of two mines to try and detach Lucio from a wall.
  6. JQ knife.
  7. Moira succ honorable mention, as it requires like zero aim to latch onto and track a wallriding Lucio.
  8. Orisa spear.
  9. Ramm vortex.
  10. Sigma rock.
  11. Sombra hack.
  12. Venture boop.
  13. Ball boop.
  14. Zen kick.

I think I got them all. Basically my point is the amount of heroes that have some ability in the game to stun, halt, or deny Lucio’s (and other heroes’) momentum has increased by around 400% since the game’s launch.

I distinctly remember on several occasions stalling points for over a minute on defense as Lucio in diamond+ ranked games. That just doesn’t happen anymore, aside from Lucio smurfs abusing clueless bronze players that might as well be bots. It’s very possible many of these players are (mentally) reliving the glory days of early OW1 and stubbornly refusing to admit this playstyle is much more difficult to pull off successfully nowadays.

I’ve played this game since before you could even see Lucio’s aura and even mained him at that time so I’m not really sure what you mean unless you didn’t mean to reply to me :skull:

I play since 2016, buddy.

loling at the above interaction

I’m genuinely confused

1 Like

And they will drop to bronze unless they learn to adapt or at least use a few braincells.

Yeah sorry that’s 2 responses to 2 different things.

I have not seen anyone saying that a brand new player is the same as a Plat player. People saying this are probably bronze and have no concept of how skill tracks in each rank. These are the same players that get a Plat player in their bronze lobbies and say “OMG these GM smurfs”.

The skill level has increased drastically across all ranks, this is a well known phenomenon.

In one of the quotes, the player was a top 500 support player.

After destroying mid-rank games, making the most populated-ranks the most inconsistent and frustrating. That they fall into
bronze doesn’t mean the complaints are invalid.

Either extreme works, they have no frame of reference so they don’t know any better.

:man_shrugging:

There is no fix for dumb players.

Keep in mind, I agree that new players should not be put into mid rank games.

We are talking about your average gold player seeing a frag montage and trying to emulate it which often leads to throwing.

:nerd_face:

Um, excuse me. I think you mean DSPstanky.

Also this does happen with every game, players find better or other ways to play heroes than they were intended. Nothing new :+1:

It’s up to you to learn how to play around the various playstyle of other players.

2 Likes