This Thread is Deleted folks

[Deleted :slight_smile: ]

3 Likes

A good idea but I don’t believe we’ll see this happen. I’d like to see it happen however.

I was scared this was gonna be a troll post but it’s valid criticism. Phew

1 Like

It needs to happen. We can’t continue to base our arguments off of unreliable statistics.

I think its funny you heavily advocated for private profiles but now want a website to fix the problems private profiles bring, which were argued on the forums, and you heavily defended against.

Its almost like we told you private profiles was a bad idea.

no. why should they do this. You wanted private profiles, you got it. now you cant track stats anymore.

5 Likes

I thought that was one of the major points of private profiles, they were tired of people using Overbuff to support their arguments. Now nobody takes it seriously and is much more likely to just trust that the developer statistics are more accurate. I fail to see why they would personally bring back that “problem.”

atleast youre consistant in you stance, unlike bad widow here, I respect that.

1 Like

Well, I don’t think private profiles will be an issue if we just want to look at pickrate and winrate for every hero and to find out the meta.

1 Like

no. you shouldn’t, because then people will be pigeon holed into playing heros because they are “meta”

I remember you made this exact argument against public profiles. now im applying it to giving the hero stats.

see how dumb it sounds?

1 Like

i guess

but they won’t do it

The thing is, we already have an idea of what meta by just looking at omnicmeta or overbuff so the problem you just stated is already happening. I just want more accurate statistics. :stuck_out_tongue:

those sites are useless now with private profiles.

adding what youre asking for will only give toxic people tools to bully others into playing meta heros.

again, another argument of yours im applying to this.

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter since they have to respect the private profile policy anyway.

Wouldn’t make a difference. You still won’t see stats because of them. Private will stay private. So, you’ll only see statistics of those who have theirs public.

1 Like

And you really believe those data would be… Not altered at all?

2 Likes

I know, right? If Blizzard were ever transparent about it, I would be MORE skeptical than anything.

1 Like

We can still get an idea of what the meta is though with these websites…

Except this is an ongoing issue because meta is always constantly getting defined by popular overwatch media. Like I said, I just want more accurate numbers for pickrate, winrate and meta.

This is going to be surprising but I honestly can’t remember advocating for private profiles (confident that I have thought a long time ago). You must have some dope memory.

Except this can’t be given anymore since GDPR requires users consent to sharing their information, which I think is an unspoken reason why private profiles happened when they did. It was a slightly late addition to the game to make Blizzard comply with a law that could cost them dearly if they didn’t do it.

Honestly just thought private profile was implemented to reduce toxicity. Really didn’t see that much into it. :man_shrugging:t2:

Guess that law makes this impossible then… Time to delete the thread :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s definitely the reason given, but I suspect what I described before was also one. Blizzard have never openly talked about it, but it’s something to bear in mind as I can’t see them reversing private profiles for that reason. The ramifications are costly as well.