This Isn't Going To Be A New Thing Is It?

Well you can

Dont think people would have been against donating $15 to support ukraine with a frontline support medic skin!!!

But yeah…. Content creators need more money

No other game does this. Because its dumb and fractures the community. Rather than bringing us together to support something they just make us fight.

3 Likes

I think I like Adin’s version of this idea where it would apply to all “Twitch affiliate” streamers.

Or maybe even start smaller than that with “Twitch partner” streamers.

Fair enough.

buys three more fantasias

Additionally the twitch promotion was the second time you could get the mount. The first time was buying any video game off amazon that cost more then $20

1 Like

50% cut for highest twitch partner
and I believe 25%-30% for twitch affiliate
(IIRC)

The narrative is: Driving engagement in this way, Overwatch will rise in the trends and that will benefit the streamer

Sure the money is nice, but mostly for the smaller streamer.

What prevents people from throwing money at it and close the stream?
The argument is the same

What kind of marketing would come from doing a campaign to help Ukraine? That’s charity dude, that’s not what you do when you are trying to promote a new game and want exposure. Charity is fine, but that’s not what this is

I forget who said it but the saying holds true: games should make you want to waste your time, not make you feel like you’re wasting your time.

Blizzard has been far too dedicated to the latter.

3 Likes

Some of these “familiar faces” have bern associated with more controversial aspects of Overwatch’s past. Such as avid support of a certain streamer who is the reason for the alien Zarya refunds.

12 Likes

Kinda ironic to say this considering thats also about how many people watch content creators.

Way to ostracise your main community who dont even Use twitch so arent going to give money to some rando on there

26 Likes

That unrealistcly ironic.
From the annoucment of OW2 content creators were left in the dark along with many players whilst OW2 news were like little water drops and that was until november 2021. When that NDA fiasco started where all the streamers got the exciting news about OW2 but they couldn’t tell us.

From that moment in November content creators were important because they were asking too much questions and leakers were on there way to reveal everything to the public and what better way was to ask them all to the meeting about OW plans whilst beeing silenced towards public.

4 Likes

The difference is one gives a substantial amount of value to a twitch streamer, the other doesn’t.

A muted/minimize viewer that disappears a few hours later, does basically nothing financially for the streamer.

This isnt promoting lol

This is a go fund me

4 Likes

Better than giving $15 to bobby kotic :man_shrugging: next best option would be a charity

Content creators are important → Literally ignores YouTube video content creators who literally carried the content drought while the Twitch-side was alarmingly going low-low.

Would be fun if they actually in the modern day of gaming and medias, would include both purple and red sides. And include more people globally like in the mini-events. And not force just Twitch-side.

4 Likes

… Legendary skin prices confirmed 15 dollars.

5 Likes

Sounds like a Bellular quote.

1 Like

Well this proves that all that he’s just here to shut people up and that they don’t care for anything people have to say unless it’s on a bigger platform such as Reddit/Twitter etc.

He basically just said we’re 1% of the player base so nobody cares

How many of the player base uses Reddit apart from posting POTG.

18 Likes

This event is pathetic

I will not support it

27 Likes

Why are people so bitter and angry nowadays? We literally live in the safest and wealthiest time in all of human history. I guess everything is so good, that people have to make up things to get upset about.

3 Likes

Do you guys know what % of the player base watches twitch? I mean I’m sure you’d have to if you’re doing this kind of promotion.

14 Likes