This is without a doubt the worst state OW has been

There is no excuse for this travesty. The game has been mismanaged for 4 years and it keeps getting worse. I would not tolerate this if I were Microsoft. I do not believe ANYTHING the devs on any future improvement, because they outright lied in the past, and will lie again. Bobby going away will not fix it with this team.

61 Likes

Jokes on you, there’s a patch next week. Then this won’t be the worst state OW has been anymore. :triumph:

36 Likes

It will be WORSE.
Probably.

10 Likes

They don’t need you to like the game, they only need you to visit the shop.

17 Likes

Yep.

And part of that is they want you to queue for games. OW2 has been pretty successful at getting more people to join and stay playing.

And that is what they are balancing for.

So I’d say this is one of the best states overwatch has been in (from the devs point of view)

4 Likes

There is. The insane amounts of money it made.

8 Likes

Q1 was the lowest the game has ever seen. Do you really think Q1 2024 will be anywhere near that for both retention and profit.

1 Like

Really? it is still way way way higher than we ever saw in OW1.

And it looks like we have gained players since.

4 Likes

Yea because you don’t have to buy the game anymore lol.

They publicly said Q1 2023 was the worst quarter for earnings OW has ever seen. And that was still riding the hype of the expansion release and the 1st (and maybe 2nd) battle passes.

Q4 might do alright thanks to Halloween, but I’d fully expect Q1 2024 to be a new all time low, both for profits and for player count.

4 Likes

Just after they announced that PvE was gone?

Yeah. The player estimates have gone up since then.

Meanwhile at Microsoft.

“Its making money and investors are happy… no problem here”

3 Likes

Like I said, Halloween brought people in. January will see a falloff.

I have to agree this is the worst state, they added flashpoint, which diluted the map pool with rancid garbage.

4 Likes

The more I think about it, I feel like Microsoft just wants the liscenses for new CoD/WoW content.

People tend to forget that a sizable playerbase doesnt mean its a healthy playerbase.

Mainstream tf2 is a prime example of a large extremely unhealthy playerbase

2 Likes

Microsoft wanted the king in actiblizzard king.

2 Likes

If you REALLY think this, then you should leave. Personally, the game is going in the right direction and gets better each season. So I hope they dont change the direction.

1 Like

Yeah, that is across the board though. Families go on holiday etc, all games see a drop there.

https://activeplayer.io/overwatch-2/ isn’t awful for estimates, if you are after some.

last 30 days count is quite a bit higher than release, and we know release was has over twice as much players as OW1 ever had.

This is not a failing game.

2 Likes

I expect them to let ow fail then use it as an excuse to dismantle actiblizz and steal their licences like they did to rare many years ago
Microsoft is like the Disney of gaming… they love to aquire and ruin other people’s creations

1 Like

I like OW2 now, more then I liked OW1 durring its last 2-3 years.

IS ow2 perfect? No, but neither was OW1.

Both have their own issues. I still have fun with the game and thats all that matters

6 Likes