This is why I completely abondoned Role queue

i have 1 hr 12 mins queue on average for dps

Actually, the strength of one comp directly correlates to the map and the choice of the opposing team.

In addition top 500 and gm players should be evaluated based on their ability to adapt. Not their ability to conform.

1 Like

I still dont know what information you are referring to

as I stated earlier, please feel free to point it out…a link would be optimal

yeah bro it was much better when it was GOATs or 4DPS/Hog/Mercy

Bastion OTP account
2 2 2 : 2400s
Open queue : climbing through diamond

Orisa OTP account
2 2 2 : Mid plat
Open queue : low masters

Main account
2 2 2 : Mid Diamond
Open Queue : Unranked

So you tell me why in OQ, I am significantly higher than role lock on all my accounts. Which i play on continuously, and at different sr ranges, but never do i throw

I play the same amount of games, and average roughly the same win percentages

And yet, I hate how easy OQ is. Its so bad how easy it is, as people in diamond OQ still cant deal with my bastion

Because when you have a significantly lower player pool to create a ladder with so the rungs are further apart to fill each tier of play.

The skill rating system distributes people according to the skill of each of the players in that system. Role queue has significantly more players. That is the only reason you are encountering this.

not way over 1000sr…

If it was a few hundred, i could believe it

Considering that (according to the numbers provided by Jeff Kaplan) that roughly 3-4% of players play in open queue? Yes. Over 1000sr difference is going to occur. Because the numbers are so vastly different the climb will be “easier” because not as many people are in your way.

As a ladder Open queue will be easier to climb as a result. As an actual game mode though. The more difficult, skill based, and advanced game mode goes to open queue. The very fact that your have the extra responsibility of building a team comp from scratch rather then cookie cutter hand holding is what makes it such.

If both modes had the same average player pool I am confident that you would find it much more difficult to climb then role.

1 Like

5-6 minutes, on DPS.

Yeah, it could be worse… it could be TANK LEAVING GAMES WORSE!

Yeah sure, it doesn’t matter, what matters is that it exists and it proves what I say is right.

On PS4 i will typically see a queue time of at least 6 mins or more if i pick damage when queuing for QP. If i want to get into a game quickly i pretty much have to pick Tank or Support.

The overwhelming majority of the playerbase is comprised of DPS players; yet at the same time, an overwhelming majority of the playerbase sticks with the role queue, including the DPS players, who do so despite the long and tedious queue times. It’s nice to have the no-limits open queue cards available as an alternative.

2 Likes

If it exists…I repeat, if…there should be a way to access the alleged proof.

Without access to said alleged information, said information does not act as proof of anything

As such, it does matter

1 Like

Of course there is, but it seems to be impossible for you to do so :man_shrugging:

The irony is youre the one who’s lying lmao.

some information is indeed impossible for me to obtain

Other information is available if one knows where to look

The alleged proof appears to be of that latter type, which means forum members likely won’t find it unless a link or some form of directions to locate it are provided

1 Like

Quick play classic and open queue comp often feel like the purest form of overwatch. Role queue does have its benefits but at the same time it feels too restrictive.

1 Like

That’s too bad but like I said, it exist and that is what matters.

data known to only one person might as well not exist, it serves as proof only to that one person

I know of no valid data that supports this claim

Bro first off, the most popular role is obviously gonna have the longest que time. Also without role que it’s 3-6 dps per team, is that really not worse than 222? also you can warm up with improved practice range, death match, custom games, etc while you que. also also you can just start a group, find a 6 stack, and BOOM 1 minute que times. God