This is the worst this forum has ever been

I’m neither a shill or doomer. Funnily enough I’m just being a realist and pointing out things on either side.

Both Doomers and Shills want whats best for the game but their viewpoints seperate on the method to get there and how well it’s being done.

Sure theres gonna be the contrarian butt faces and those who wish death on the game but they always exist.

Like when people point out to Aurora that them buying the battle pass is supporting it, even though it goes against their belief that heroes shouldn’t be locked behind battle passes. It just reinforces that behaviour.

People often times vote against their own interests and wonder why they get screwed over in the end.

Which is something the doomers and shills agree on. Communication is really lacking. Even if you take a more neutral stand, you can agree that the news is lacking and we’re so close to launch. Unless they decide to delay it of course.

That’s nearly on par with release Brigitte and players sending harassment/death threats etc to the voice actress (who has no role in balancing her own character)

1 Like

Because of the shills.

That is blizzard to blame for not releasing anything for the past 3 years.

We are 3 weeks from launch and nothing has been communicated.

I can’t speak for the others, but as far as I can tell Titanium it’s doing great and still reads the forum from time to time.

1 Like

Nah I feel the same. I would like thery craft and balance threads way more than the “When are we getting information?” or “OW2 is dead” kind of threads. Its tiering and they dont lead anywhere. While I also try to be neutral with “lets wait until we have anything” the lack of actual information is starting to pi** me off.

I just want to OLD forum back were we discussed things that were IN the game and not 99% what is OUTSIDE of it. You know: heroes, maps, strategies, hero concepts, balance, tier rankings and the occasional “Bastion is OP!” thread. Those were the good times.

I hope for it to come back when OW2 launches and most people that dont like the game do the right thing and leave. I will playing it and I will enjoying it to the fullest.

2 Likes

You should thank the “Anti-Doomer secret squad” for that.

I also observed the trend since it started.

There is a handful of users who have allergies against critics and complaints and who try to shut down every single “negative” voice, no matter what it is.

Users like the beloved “Hyphen” are pioneers when it comes to attacking persons and categorizing them into “Doomsayers” and so on.

He/she/they even admitted that their primary function here is to “fight the BS”. So they’re here for a mission: create a hostile environment and censor different PoVs.

Such toxic behaviors cascade with time and more people become aggressive and overly defensive (from both sides).

5 Likes

revertmercy was something else but at least it was discussion about a simple rework.
this is “they are replacing the game we paid for with f2p garbage and even lock gameplay behind the mometization system”

he’s just a toxic holier than thou person, i’ve had the “pleasure” to converse with him and he’s just as confrontational and toxic as ever.
it’s what happens when you have a narcisist with an inflated ego who decides “this opinion is wrong and i’m gonna fight anything that’s in favor of it no matter how ludicrous it is”
add the complete inhability to accept he may be wrong and the dedication to flame every thread and you get the recipe for how jumpy everyone is being

2 Likes

Well, it looks like it will be repeated on October 4 if they don’t fix Mercy for the launch of OW2, things repeat themselves and it will happen again.

1 Like

Guess I am a doomer, because I fail to understand, how many times Blizzard has to screw up for some people to finally grasp sad truth - company they loved is long gone. Gone. And won’t come back.

Seriously guys - how many times does Blizzard has to screw up for you to stop with “it’s not that bad”, “it’s what everyone does” and other excuses? At this point it’s not random screw ups, not accidents - there is consistency and system approach to them.

This is Blizzard’s fault.

You should know when and where to find reliable news on their game.

The state of the forums, the uncertainty and the dooming etc is all a byproduct of their deeply flawed communication tactics.

Whenever we get actual factual information the forums calm down and start dissecting the information. Yea there’s still arguments but it’s focused.

This is a huge turning point in the game and a massive moment of uncertainty. There are a LOT of people who are scared by change and fear uncertainty. Blizzard promised to communicate more.

This isn’t the average forum users fault.

5 Likes

It’s more about Blizzard having very few actually good news to tell.

“We added new way to monetise you, enjoy” doesn’t sound like a good news, does it? Neither does “we changed this thing no one asked us to change” or “we changed color of skin and you can pay us money to have same skin, just with different color”.

If I were in charge of Blizzard communicating with community, I would struggle to find things to tell to community, that players would actually be happy about. That won’t be “well, developers messed up again, game still sucks, nothing new happened”.

They did promise to communicate more, but had similar revelation, that they just have nothing good to tell to community. Silence leaves some room for doubt and hope, but clear statements would leave none of that.

2 Likes

Its the reason i’ve left the forums long ago. And everything seems to be so much worse right now…

I hope that OW2 will get a new forum and we can leave this one behind

1 Like

You can switch forum as much as you want but nothing will change if the game quality and communication remains as bad.

1 Like

I mean it would still be better to everyone having a fresh start. It helped on this forums for a while. Aria was just a plague for a month.

There is no fresh start, as legacy of this game will forever be looming about forums.

1 Like

I mean, no. Noone is saying someone a shill for saying ANYTHING positive regarding OW2 because there are some positives. People call others a shill when they are advocating for worse systems than OW1 and acting like it’s somehow better or going out their way to defend un-defendable things.
If you say “hey, OW2 doesn’t have that mode we’ve been complaining about for the better part of 6 years. That’s pretty neat huh” no-one is going to call you a shill for it. If you defend pay walling/play walling heroes however, you will be called one.

2 Likes

True. Bringing here reasons, why people do not play Valorant or Fortnite, clearly isn’t a way to go.

How long until Overwatch 2 will get BR mode? It’s main mode for Fortnite, after all, so why not, if we are to copy features?

I have been a community member, just not forums since 2019(right before role queue, and this is the most devisive I have seen the base. Its sad seeing 7/10 people at an extreme, 2 at some kind of neutral//not interested, but only 1/10 actually truly evaluating without just ranting(eg. "Hate _____ rework, 5v5 is horrible, bp system is the worst). The only thing I can think of to justify OW2 having a BP, is if its credits, is only 1k, and has a way to make credits built into the game without locking it behind a heavy paywall. Reworks and balancing is almost always wild, just that deep. Only other thing I can think of is how much this game is relying on current base, and word of mouth advertising, on a playerbase that is split.

1 Like

There was a light here?

1 Like

Yes, headlight of a train.

1 Like