This hero teaser on PTR...are we about to get a blind hero?

I can’t see where you’re going with this and I like it.

7 Likes

You got jokes kid, I like it

I just don’t see how a blind hero would work :wink:

In all honesty that sounds pretty cool. Granted it would be harder to play them. I wonder if the devs would do it

1 Like

I dont get why people keep saying omnic and android like seriously those things in the map look like clay/brassy statues and his concept art shows him as a human.

1 Like

it’s an interesting idea but, like gameplay and balance-wise you could never have a hero where you would see the field differently while playing. it would be an advantage or a disadvantage: field of vision has to be exactly the same across the board or certain characters wouldn’t be playable. you could still do a blind hero, explain it the way you did, but the vision/gameplay would have to be the same.

You might want to look at 🧞 DF's Big Anubis Tank Concept Hero 30 Updated (again) (1/9/19)

The body shape of those things around there matches the shape of some Omnics like Echo. As for the concept art, it’s entirely possible he could’ve changed. Remember, Ana originally started as some dude in a hazmat suit

What does Echo frames have to do with this?

Talking about the strange heads, as an italian, i hate saying it, but that concept could return like Antonio of the event Retribution.
The shape of the head could fit, and if they want, yet again, making a “dead person” not dead, that could be.
Probably a Talon Tank? Also if i don’t manage to think Antonio again in Talon, simply because Reaper that “Killed” him, is part of it now.
Maybe he is part of another organization? Rebellion? Anubis? Hakim? Who knows.

Go into Bastion’s highlight intro menu and click on his “Bullet Rain” intro.
You can see what looks to be a head on the table to his the left.

i love how it’s just cut off head that doesn’t even look robotic. Nightmare fuel.

Everyone thinks this is some new hero teaser and I am sceptical about it. I see it more as new asset. Echo chasis were on Anubis forever and people speculated it might be “Athena” hint, but in the end it didn’t went anywhere. At least for now, until Echo is released hero.

I think it is just some new aset to enrich visuals of Anubis. For example on beside heads there is red table cloth on those stands. Which are not in live version.

Also changes on Anubis might just be tied to story progession. Remeber at end of it Ana saved Cairo from mafia boss and allowed it to prosper.

i want a female tank but this one is going to be male

1 Like

They might be visors though. The whole head is greyed out and you can’t tell the actual material and purpose of the augmentations.

If you are looking for a way to see them watch this video:

Can’t see what trash your teammates and enemies are using, if you can’t see them, nice concept.

That head had apparently existed in alpha but they removed it. Now it’s back and the Omnic Echo torso pieces that used to be against the wall are gone now. Small background changes tend to hint at things that are coming.

Was at work when I found this post on my phone. Couldn’t check. But thanks, will look at it later when I can get on.

1 Like

I had been personally wondering if a hero could be made to be 100% third person gameplay.

Yea, i’m going there.

Finally a hero that will represent the blind portion of the player-base!

I mean, this is actually a thing.