This gatekeeping is scary

Wow you guys really hate people that play Mercy. Makes me want to start playing her again.

1 Like

Always have been.
Let them “discuss” and “argue” about how Blizzard is bad etc etc etc.
But avoid those threads at all costs. Leave them live in their own threads.

Believe me, forums are peaceful outside that drama.

1 Like

Until you comment on one and it just completely blows up.

It’s gotten so bad here for players like me.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

And OP got mass reported by them. Here we go again.
I’m sorry you have an opinion OP. They don’t allow you to. They’re killing this game.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s nuts that people would take objection to being labeled cultists for having an opinion about a character in a video game. Simply absurd.

3 Likes

Not the first time.

This post wasn’t even directed at Mercy or Mercy mains in particular. They made that up.

The post was literally just about how the majority seems to “gatekeep” their own community. Mercy is the most recent example. Literally, unless you main mercy or speak towards the will of these “revert” players, you will get yelled at, called names, and pretty much treated like nothing.

Players against the masses can’t hope to have a discussion about balance of any hero, including Mercy.

Except my post didn’t do such a thing lol. You guys are twisting my words again.

I get it. You hate them. More than anything in this world. What I am telling you is that it’s ridiculous to do so. You make these sorts of threads several times a week, and they’re always train wrecks. Maybe it is time to let the anger and hatred go and just let people talk about characters in a video game.

3 Likes

Nop. OP likes the forums to be clean and nice place to be.
Which is not anymore due to people like them who are ruining everybody’s experience due to a hero they play being nerfed.

That’s not freedom. You’re nobody to make a revolution and ruining other users experience. Blizzard gets it, you don’t like the nerf.

But get over it. Spamming don’t help. Mercy main are acting like a cult. For months. Isn’t something new. Fake accounts, reposts over and over. The megathread is a huge spam. Behave, we’re not kids.

1 Like

You’re ignoring the part where I didn’t call them a cultist. You’re ignoring the fact I never did that in the post.

You’re also ignoring that this isn’t about just mercy mains. It’s about all mains. Why are we not allowed to talk about balance of a hero if we don’t main them?

Eh. I’ve made maybe 4 in the past 2 weeks. So “several times a week” is not lining up. Also, this post was perfectly fine and civil until the Mercy’s came in and derailed the thread.

This is exactly what I’m talking about here. Also, most of the post i’ve made in the past few weeks have become my most popular posts I’ve made. So how are they “train wrecks”?

1 Like

Seriously this thread got flagged?

Stop false flagging

2 Likes

It will always happen when your opinion isn’t “revert mercy” because that’s balance. Everything except that is getting flagged.

1 Like

This post was flagged??? Lol…

2 Likes

Well, it’s spam by the definition of the one who posted it, he shouldn’t complain. He’s been saying the same in several other threads for days.

Like cmon sure i get the OP and generalizing a bit which could easily be proven wrong with a bit of talk

But its not flag worthy, even i , who think that revertmercy is the way to go but still

Mercy’s aren’t happy about how I called the community as a whole a gate keeper.

Again, I have bad news for the two of you. You’re never going to be able to shout them down – not in person, and most certainly not on the internet. Furthermore, labeling them as cultists, demanding that the be silent in your virtual presence, and mocking them as subhuman is only going to solidify their resolve to defy you.

You are the architects of your own demise in this sense. And the later of you quoted above should be all the more cognizant of this reality, as we had this very conversation before. An oft misattributed quote speaks of acting in consistent manner and yet expecting dynamic results. And so here we are.

4 Likes

You’re ignoring your own claims.

You make claims that I called them a cultist but don’t have evidence for such.

There’s no point to listen if you’re going to continue to not prove your own points.

I disagree with a few points in your OP that could have been adressed differently

And overall thread has an aggressive tone to it, so partly you could have avoided the mass flag

Spam usually gets flagged yes.

2 Likes

You haven’t listened yet, and so you continue to strike out against those you hate in vain. I look forward to the next version of your soon to be thrice-repeated thread, and in full anticipation of the results being exactly the same.

1 Like