This game NEEDS…

I hadn’t thought of this. If that’s the case then I don’t know enough about the platforms to comment.
Op seems to be a bc user though

If it’s for pc I stand by everything I’ve said.

So you’re adding a button to do have a popup rear view. Why? You have a mouse. 180 flicks aren’t exactly difficult and arguably a fiar trade off for visual confirmation.

it is a viewport change not an aim direction change. Moving your mouse is functionally different and gives a different outcome. I am not sure how to make this point any clearer.

1 Like

The question is why though. You have a mouse. You can look where ever you want. The confusion goes both ways my friend.

1 Like

tapping a key to look directly behind you is an optional extra. if you don’t want to use it you don’t have to.

1 Like

but why is it needed?
the trade off for visual confirmation of what’s behind you is losing visual confirmation on what is in front of you.

1 Like

it isn’t a question of need, it is a QoL improvement. and yes that is the tradeoff for checking behind you, that is the same as if you used your mouse to look around. in this case, there is a speed advantage if you briefly tap the key - hence raising skill ceiling.

1 Like

you removed the risk of not having los of the enemy. at most you raised the skill floor and at worst made the flanker category useless.
whats stopping people from just setting what ever key it is bound to a toggle?
constant 180 degree vision and you think it raises the skill ceiling?

1 Like

it would be less useful as a toggle, the way i envision it being implemented it will not change the direction you are aiming, only the direction you are seeing. like you said, this basic functionality can be covered by moving your mouse, but this is slower and also changes the direction you are aiming. i don’t get what you mean by removing the risk of not having los of the enemy.

1 Like

by being able to see something you aren’t aiming at, you can keep los of the enemy while looking elsewhere.

how is that not a useful toggle? unless its huge and actively disrupts your main view then being able to toggle a view of everything behind you is massively valuable information, for free.

that’s the issue. the trade off for checking angles is being blind in another area

1 Like

Something we agree on here. No need for a rear view mirror. Situational awareness is based on eyes and ears.

2 Likes

thats the idea, it isn’t like picture in picture or something like that, it literally changes your entire screen to look behind you instead of in front of you

Then why not just move the mouse?
Why do you need to have that be done for you?
Its literally pointless.

1 Like

speed

15 characters required

1 Like

Then move the mouse faster.

Players may continue to look around using their mouse. This simply provides another option.

This remark is inappropriate.

A benefit of having this on a button is that the player can maintain a very low sensitivity to allow them to aim better for small angles without the need for enormous mouse pads to allow them to turn around.

are you aware that insulting is against CoC?

1 Like

you don’t have to push the button if you don’t want to

1 Like

But you should have to use the mouse, that’s the point I’m trying to make.
There is no need other than maybe raising the skill floor in a really, and I mean really dumb way.

You have the tools to achieve the same results as it is. You don’t need to make it easier. You shouldn’t be holding people’s hands in a game where awareness is arguablely the most important thing.

2 Likes

why should you have to move the mouse?

1 Like

because its the very mechanic fps games are based around

2 Likes