This game NEEDS…

Interesting caveat that may keep it balanced for heroes with aoe weapons.

Though another could be that you move at slightly reduced speed like when rein or brig put up their shield. Since most players would probably want that anyway if they aren’t looking where they’re going and good players wouldn’t look back for extended periods of time without just turning around so the slow wouldn’t hurt them much if at all.

1 Like

honestly i don’t see the need to implement a reduced speed effect or anything like that. if anything, assuming all this does is change your viewpoint (leaving all the controls and your aim as if you’re still facing forwards), it only raises the skill ceiling.

also i can’t wait to see the “bronze to GM always facing backwards” challenge streams

1 Like

On console, yes. Left 4 Dead had that for the xbox 360 version. Personally, I didn’t use it though.
On PC? Quit being lazy literally just flick ur mouse lmao. You move your hand like <3 inches unless your mouse sensitivity is stupid low.

1 Like

Definitely… can’t even count the times I’m moving forward, expecting the team to behind me annnnnd nope!

you should learn rein mechanics a bit better, it might help out?

friendly tip, you can hold your shield up and look behind you without moving shield from forward facing position

1 Like

not at all

any forum member is entitled to speak his mind on any game-related topic, and this is clearly a game-related topic

as such, a request for them to “stop” is outside the boundaries of what is reasonable, and is borderline rude

1 Like

i can’t even play games at all bcuz of queue times and bad servers.
and when i get into 1 it’s rigged/smurfed.
do i care about balance or feature bloat like mirror option? nope.
file it under nice-to-have ow2 stuff.

they need a new dev team first
that will solve the most problems

1 Like

I go by sound effects. If you can’t hear the footsteps etc then adjust your sound settings, it will help honestly.

1 Like

I mean the System is already in shambles, don’t you think?

Do you really need your flock to know how much you want to be able to press a button that would do things for you without you thinking about it, taking the easy way out?

That is how cults falter. If the leader tries to take the easy way out, so will others and your Messiah teachings will fail.

1 Like

The function actually raises the skill cap of the game.

1 Like

that is objectively incorrect. if anything, it lowers it.
you automated an action. removed interaction. gave the ability to everyone, instead of those who are smart enough to move their mouse.

let me repeat that. you are automating a mouse movement.
raises the skill ceiling… you silly?

2 Likes

He wants a button that would do things for him without him thinking about it.

1 Like

Does moving a mouse require a high degree of intelligence?

The fact that everyone has this ability raises the skill cap of the game because everyone has better awareness. This means everyone needs to position better.

In one sense yes it lowers the difficulty of the game in regards to coordination. In another sense it increases it as players are now forced to play against that increased coordination.

We know that blizzard already wants to remove the coordination requirement which is why Assault maps are being removed in the sequel. Instead of doing this they could simply add a feature that encourages coordinated pushes.

1 Like

I could see an argument in both it raising and lowering it.

To me, it lowers it because, like you said, it automates/simplifies something that is already doable with current controls but it also raises it in a way compared to the average player because it would not only add a tool to leverage skill differences but also it would add the decision making moments between turning normally (to a different angle than straight back) or looking straight back with the “shortcut” and how long to look.

Ideas?

The only thing I could thing of off the top of my head would be unified spawns instead of staggered spawns but that would feel very bad for the first few people on a team to die if their spawn timer kept getting reset when someone died. Not to mention it would make stalling next to impossible in a lot of cases.

considering we are on a thread about how a completive fps needs a rear view mirror button; im inclined to say yes, apparently it does.

no. you raised the skill floor.
also, i hate to be the one to bring it up but no high level players look for visual confirmation of their teammates location. (outside of supports anyway)

higher coordination? all it does is allow main tanks to know if their about to feed or not.
if they begin a push and then check, its most likely too late anyway. if the check before hand then there’s still no guarantee that your teammates will stay there.

they are removing 2cp because it is widely disliked by the community. the reason doesn’t matter, the fact is that even in gm games drag as a result of stall. its not fun for anyone involved and if its not working in gm, its never going to work in plat, rear view or not.

i think youre putting too much value on visual confirmation. the time to comprehend something from sight and then make a decision is longer than youd think. not only that but making decisions on where your team are would not actually happen below like diamond minimum. all it would do is enable more flaming for when people arent directly behind their tank ( most of the time you dont want to be relying on a shield so being directly being them without any natural cover to fall into is kind of a feeder play).
also, that decision making you mention is already there, its just you move your mouse instead of pressing a button.

while not a bad idea on paper it does just make the game really unfun for the defending team. you could have a whole minute (maybe minus a few seconds) of not being able to play the game. even longer if it happens in overtime

1 Like

I guess a better way to describe it would be adding options instead of necessarily moving the skill floor or ceiling up or down. Just giving extra options.

i can see where youre coming from but I cant get behind automating something as trivial as where you are looking in an fps

1 Like

He might be talking about console. Some people have really slow turn speed set because of the aiming issue with console and thumbsticks, so realistically not everybody could turn as fast and as easy as with a mouse on console.

wrong. rear view on push would NOT change where your aim direction is. there is no removed interaction because you have to push a button to do it, it is in no way automated.