This game is probably

One of the worst games out there atm, it’s baffling to me how people can genuinely enjoy playing overwatch in it’s current climate.
The game just isn’t fun anymore and is riddled with problems.

26 Likes

I think you might have burnout- if you play other games as well as OW, you’ll see OW isn’t so bad. It’s the barren content updates that make it hard to spam and enjoy without getting depressed, but if you play FF14 or WoW or whatever between games it feels a lot less depressing, I find.

27 Likes

To me, it’s the lack of content and love overall that kills the game.
They just release this 5 skins alongside other cosmetics and call it content. Hopefully they do as promised and with OW2 they bring all those promising content features I want, lore, missions, a lot of maps and new tanks and supports.
That and fixing stupid problems that are in the game, like the ones I detailed on my megathread:

1 Like

i wouldnt say overwatch is the worst out there

but its one of the best examples of a good game being horribly mistreated by its developers

Overwatch was good when it released, but the change in direction made it lose grip to what people loved of it

You cant make a casual game into a competitive game without butchering it, and thats where OW failed

33 Likes

I do play other games, this one is by far the worst in my eyes.
I can hop on a 6 year old game like black ops 3 and have a much better time…

4 Likes

If you play 1-2 games a day you’re fine.

Beyond that you’re damaging your mental.

3 Likes

I find the mechanics of OW appealing - no other FPS seems to flow as well for different heroes as this game. I love skirmishing. It is games that are problematic. There are too many heroes that make other heroes unplayable. There are comps that make it very hard to do anything unless you team knows the counter comp (dive is an example) and games are just horrible. There are way too many steamrolls in both directions where the game just isn’t fun but you should complete it anyway so 5+ minutes of not having fun in the game.

The biggest issue with the game is that it doesn’t provide enough good experiences to offset the bad ones. Research shows that to offset a bad experience you need have 5-7 related good experiences. OW gives you 10 bad expereinces for every good experience for a lot of people (I know some of you enjoy every single game but I guess that’s not most of you). The bad experiences slowly wear you down but you keep playing because you want the dopemine fix of that 1 good experience. It’s addictive even though you’re not enjoying it any more. A lot like other addictions.

7 Likes

the content draught is what sucks about it, i mean i dont like the battle royale games but at least they get constant updates

I’m just confused at how anyone can say they have fun whilst playing

1 Like

Great game

Terrible community

So basically modern day gaming in a nutshell

6 Likes

To be honest the game seems a lot worse because you use the forums, take it from me.

Everyone here sh*t talks the game and calls you braindead for playing whatever hero you enjoy playing. Some people are kind, but most are very salty.

A fun game isn’t fun when you’re constantly getting shouted at for “Oh youre abusing OP hero Dumbfist! He rolls over on ceiling and combos me even though I’m oblivious to him! Devs pls nerf!”

2 Likes

I enjoy the forums more than the game…

2 Likes

What the, how in the, HUH?

You actually LIKE getting shouted at by a dozen people because Doomfist is getting a minor qol buff? :joy:

3 Likes

I think I just hate the game that much

2 Likes

Do you solo queue or group queue?

Solo queue is the absolute worst in this game, that’s why I almost never do it. I always at least queue with a duo.

Seriously - every other game is backfill. Every. Other. Game. And the only reason you only get it half the time is because you are guaranteed a ‘real’ game next match.

Just got five defense games in a row, one with a fourstack of DPS players and a crossplay Widowmaker that didn’t get a single elim all game. I watched, because I knew she wouldn’t, and guess what, she didn’t. Wow, shocker.

I can’t stand 222, and anyone else that actually likes the basic freedom of having some control over your game experience is gone from it too, so when you play 22 and wait TEN MINUTES for a fricken’ game, you’re stuck in whatever role you’re in, regardless if swapping to Ana would make all the difference or whatever. Nope, you’re treated like a toddler that has to stay in your corner and be stuck on DPS even though the healers you have aren’t healing for crap and you have gold healing ON SOMBRA.

This game is pathetic. You can’t play a ‘real’ match of Overwatch anymore, anywhere. Competitive is full of weird smurf games, 222 takes forever to play any amount of games, and arcade is full of all kinds of trash and newbies with no matchmaker apparently at all, because THAT makes sense. Sure, plop someone with a level 10 account in with someone who has 5,000 hours in the game, real logical Blizzard.

Good job, real smart.

4 Likes

No, it really is the gameplay experience. I can spend hours on the forums for fun, drinking coffee and talking to folks - or arguing about pointless things because I find it fun - but 10 minutes in game and I have to leave, it’s just that bad.

The experience is nothing like when I first started playing OW, there are so many more problems now than there were 2-3 years ago in game. It’s utterly absurd.

2 Likes

Solo queue experience is utter garbage, I’d agree with that.

Though to be honest if I have a good duo with me I’d much rather be playing the game than arguing in a salt box.

I find it odd that someone who thinks this is one of the worst games, isnt fun, would post on forums about that same game every day.

4 Likes

All of my friends or people I met in OW to play with have abandoned the game - the last one logged in 8 months ago, some are up to 3 years when I go to my socials page.

You can’t say your game only ‘works well’ in groups if you also punish players for playing in large groups or give them no guild system or way to build groups in game.

That’s like if Fortnite said to enjoy the game you need a friend to play it with, even though it’s a solo battle royale; that’s not how the game is meant to work, and so it shouldn’t be that way. And if it IS that way, it’s indicative of a problem beyond just the playerbase - it’s a problem for the game devs to fix, because they’re the ones in control of the game itself.

They tried and failed miserably with LFG, which just let trolls throw together without getting mass reported, and endorsements which are a pointless joke. They can’t just keep throwing spaghetti at the wall and acting like that’s a fix when the noodles are all falling down, y’know?