This game has too much CC

Oh come on, we all know it isn’t that simple. Plenty of heroes have range on their CC and once you get multiple CC-heroes stacked on at team…you can’t just avoid everyone.

I’ve never played TF2. Is it still worth getting into all these years later?

1 Like

You lost me when you said no Reaper. How could such a game exist. Pathetic.

Hell, even titanfall had Reaper(s).

4 Likes

Most definitely. It still holds up to this day. Check out this video it really describes how good TF2 actually is.

I’ve honestly been eyeing Warframes. I just hear it isn’t very new-player friendly without reading an encyclopedia of outside sources.

2 Likes

Warframe is EXTREMELY hard to get into but when you do you sure do. It’s freaking fantastic.

3 Likes

It’s way too grindy imho.

Well, tf2 is free. And it’s fairly easy to pick up I think.

Idk, try it out, play as the soldier, have a blast with that. He’s got a fairly low skill floor, but a tremendous skill ceiling. Look up things like rocket jumping guides and have fun with the skilled mobility. It’s a super satisfying shooter. OW doesn’t really compare to it as a shooter, it focuses a lot more on barriers and healing and stuff.

Without CC, tanks and hyper mobile heroes would be too strong. It’s a necessary evil.

I think most people have issues with CC because they feel they should be able to come out on top in any situation and against most any match-up.

Rather than treat it as say, I need to bait out this ability or keep track of the range McCree can flashbang or did he just use it at all. If so, I can go in.

3 Likes

4Head

1 Like

Yeah, I just watched the video Feenicks posted. If the video is accurate . . . how did Overwatch do so much wrong? :rofl:

Seems like they thought of something like “OH THIS SEEMS FUN LET’S PUT IT IN!” without thinking about how it would effect everything else.

1 Like

If only Orisa’s ult applied fortify instead of a damage buff…

1 Like

So looking at this on Steam and seeing the new Jungle addition . . . what are Campaign Contracts?

Well, it’s partly the trend of all AAA games. There’s a HUGE focus on making things easily accessible over having depth. Compare Skyrim to Morrowind for instance. Morrowind takes some effort to get into and I’d say it’s a lot more rewarding of a game to get into… but it’s not something you’d recommend to someone new to player the genre. I’d recommend OW to someone for their first shooter, but tf2 is a bit more extreme.

That and… well, this is Blizzard’s first shooter. TF2 came from the guys that made half life. Valve know how to make shooters fun. Like, it’s funny how people on these forums always say that “no heroes are meant to be fun to fight, dying isn’t fun”, without realising that is strictly a design flaw. Every tf2 class is fun to fight, with the mild exception of the sniper (who is still leagues more satisfying to fight and play than Widow). That’s why that game is so fun.

2 Likes

Nothing of any real significance. They’re like some new way to get cosmetics by doing in game challenges. I haven’t bothered with them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I loved Half-Life 1 & 2, Poured a ton of hours into them in my 20’s. I wonder if there’s an edition that will play on Windows 10 . . . . hmmmm.

Thank you! I don’t like how developers are ditching depth for accessibility. Sure being accessible is fine but don’t sacrifice depth for it.

Half Life games are actually a dollar on Steam for the summer sale. Half Life Complete is like 5 bucks on Steam. I’m pretty sure they still work on Windows 10.

I just saw that. Do they run on Win10?