This forum is SO toxic

Lmao this was an unexpected response

And I love it

11 Likes

i think these forums are hilarious… :snowflake: :snowflake:

4 Likes

It was indeed! I love it as well

3 Likes

I absolutely hate the way you approached the forums, but I also 70% agree with you. General discussion is general discussion about Overwatch not necessarily always having to be feedback.

Of course we are going to have toxic people in the forums. Nothing is going to be flowers and smiles especially on the internet

2 Likes

Cool story bro, thanks for ranting about ranting. You’ve got a few spelling errors in your rant as well. Slow down a bit.

Remember the old days
Remember the O’Jays
Walkin’ in rhythm, life was for livin’

When you can’t find the music
To get down and boogie
All you can do is step back in time
Ball of confusion
When nothing is new, and
There’s nothing doin’, step back in time

1 Like

The issue that their is like 0 moderation
Mods jump in:
If someone goes against american prudish values (which is just utterly weird), something actually boils over, someone is too sarcastic or false flagging

Better modding would alleviate the problem

3 Likes

I mean this can be said of any forums really.

Exploitation of the lack of child labor laws in China helps to cut a lot of corners. :clown_face:

Like any other part of the internet you don’t like: don’t visit. No more toxicity, no more rants, no more stupid ideas about buffs or nerfs. Problem solved.

The forum is pretty much a representation of behaviour found in-game. Unfortunately toxicity will always be part of gaming.

There’s even toxicity within the Sims community which is the strangest thing.

4 Likes

I’m conflicted, i don’t know what’s more annoying, those rant threads or people overusing the word toxic to the point where the meaning changed to anything i don’t like.

5 Likes

This forum actually makes me and my friends laugh a lot.
It’s a pity to have this potentiel space of exchange between the community and the devs being so toxic but some people are just so un-upbrought it’s hilarious sometimes.

agree. plus i bet the dev doesnt play the game themself. so they need this forum.

Hey I tried. People aren’t just interested:

meanwhile for that last one, I got more traction on reddit:

not to mention that reddit post getting the attention and agreement of an actual team manager andygmb and high rank streaming (ex) sym players like fenner and raihann (see comments).

These forums need heavy moderation - not the user-curated flag system that is currently in place.
Things can get out of hand pretty quickly in an unmoderated forum, particularly of this size and it’s pretty clear that the light-touch approach that Blizzard is taking is not a good one.

5 Likes

In the old forums we had actually thread merging from time to time, now it’s completely gone
Blizzard laid off a good chunk of their support stuff

I dont think that word means what you think it means.
Feedback is not only a constructive and polite analysis of a situation and suggestions for changes to solve or balance said situation.

Theres all types of feedback and the Community crew has to filter them.

1 Like

The forums are not a feedback form, they are a place for discussion.

Making a post that simply amounts to “Hero X sucks” generates two outcomes:

• Yeah! Hero X sucks!
  • No, Hero X doesn’t suck!

…and an argument ensues. It’s not a good discussion unless you can actually add something of substance rather than an opinion.

2 Likes

If you think about it:
If the game would be perfect and the people would only respond positive things then they wouldn’t need feedbacks since if everything would work the way it should and the people would be happy then there is no conflict, there is no problem then there is no need for feedbacks.

I mean sure some positive feedbacks are required and a good thing to hear but then maybe Blizzard wouldn’t need a whole Forum for that.

“Only through conflict do you evolve…”

I mean I can give you that that the people could be much much more nice (including myself sometimes) but it’s always hard to talk about negative things/things that annoy you in a nice way, especially when you get called out for it like: “Lol imagine whining about…” “If you can’t counter it you are just a gold player…” Etc…

If the game wasn’t terrible, then there wouldn’t be people complaining about it. If you want to blame someone, blame Blizzard for adamantly ignoring its massive community.