This doesn't do anything for counterswapping

Like straight up this does nothing to weaken, prevent, or lessen counterswapping. Not only that, it actually arguably helps the person who’s counterswapped because now I won’t have a clue that they’ve swapped to a counter until they are already in the fight, so there’s no time to prepare against it.

8 Likes

Hard agree. This literally encourages people to counter swap.

1 Like

I can see it already, tanks are going to be walking back to spawn leaving it to a 4v5 to counterswap

Nah fr tho there is no point in doing that im already knowing people are going to make videos on the best counters to characters and there’s noting to stop it. if you want to play ranked at a high level now a days you have to counter swap

Me getting domed by the guy who switched to widow last second as desperation pick (I couldn’t see who he swapped to)

3 Likes

It literally makes counterpicking stronger because you cant see the pick. Also I love how we all can immediately see things like this but the peeps who work on the game are like :crazy_face:

1 Like

I find it funny. It just shows that counter swapping is a legitimate concern, but they have no real solutions, so they cooked this up for some odd reason. Counter-swapping is how you push to higher ranks, why punish people for playing the game as it’s intended lol…?

1 Like

It’s because the main role that complains about counterswapping is tanks and the only solution to tank counterswapping is 6v6 with 2 tanks. Too bad this team is comprised of some of the dumbest humans in existence who are also very prideful so they will literally do everything they can think of before actually solving the problem.

2 Likes

They have literally said they are working on 6v6 to test if people think it’s better. They are doing exactly what you want yet you insult them. Nice.,

And after how long? and after how many times saying it won’t return? and after how many people told them it was dumb before OW2 released? and after how many fundamental changes to try to force 5v5 to work?

My point still stands:

1 Like

The problem they were solving was queue times, pure and simple, whether they admit it or not (I think they have finally admitted it). They could have gone with role limits instead of role lock like they plan now, and reworked orisa to remove double shield. But that’s all hindsight now. No way they could know 5v5 would be this hard and make tanking even worse.

Funny part is… they absolutely did.

Players all knew this was going to happen. You can look back, even some of the DEV TEAM knew the problems 5v5 would cause and went through with it anyway, with no real plan to fix said problems.

I think they want to encourage it, though.

That’s what these balance changes and hero releases have seemed to have been for; they want them to be hard countered while also hard countering.

I know they said they want to reduce it, but I feel like that was walked back several seasons ago silently lol.

Wasn’t it like, very recent that they said they wanted to reduce it?

Like… last season? Or I’m pretty sure at the very beginning of this current season.

I feel like they’ve said it multiple times. It’s possible they did last season or before this last season.

Which I think is kind of telling that I didn’t even recall that because of how often they just…don’t reduce it. I just assumed they gave up on that since that makes more sense to me than then saying, “we want to reduce it” and then giving us a patch like the one they just announced. :grimacing: