This Battle Pass is..... well

lol The souvenir section is probably the worst thing they added. They look so forced and weird on Moira, actually on most heroes

Not only that it’s so random and didn’t put hero specific things which makes it even worse that everyone has the same stuff

2 Likes

I too have been playing and only just managed to get past tier 20 and i’m not sure if my schedule will allow me to get to the final tier before they lock it away forever - despite me having already paid for it

9 Likes

Not compared to the previous reward system which gave you a lot more free cosmetics just for playing the game.

8 Likes

This.

Blizzard have clearly learned a lot from their money-siphoning experiment that is Diablo: Immortal.

9 Likes

Source?

Ok? Didnt see people moaning when they were getting legendary skins for free in Overwatch 1 for heroes they didnt play. Dont know how you can take a free skin negatively.

I think the mini health pack charm is one of the best charms in the game rn. Definitely going to be putting it on all my supports when we get it

And as for the implementation, what else were they going to do? Some heroes could use it being slightly adjusted. Sigma for instance you cant really see in game cus of the way he holds his hands. Makes more sense imo for it to be on his other hand so when you use your barrier you can see it. Currently its mostly off camera when idle and then when you shoot because of how sigmas shooting animations work, he flicks his wrist around as he throws his spheres, the charm gets a bit lost in the animation

So far I like the mythic skins and premium titles. Getting to lvl 200 though seems like quite the feat.

I wish the battlepass tiers gave currency to buy stuff in the shop.

That’s how Battle Passes work…you aren’t guaranteed everything in it automatically. Why would you purchase it if this was a concern you had instead of waiting to see how many levels you got by the final few days of the season

You are complaining about things in your control

Im sure you will be fine you have 7 weeks and 3 double exp weekends, just do the challenges and its so easy to level

The fact they did them in Overwatch.

If you really think they weren’t already planning to do double XP weekends before they made their absolutely pathetic apology then you’re delusional.

You clearly had your eyes closed, then.

Your bar is obviously quite low.

Yeah, you shove that weapon charm into Zen’s and Kiriko’s hands!

God what a lazy and half-arsed implementation of weapon charms it is.

14 Likes

Again, not really much else they couldve done. Its not like you could have put them on each individual kunai or orb

Other games with charms in have all guns. Overwatch is unique in that some of the weapons in the game are not traditional guns

I mostly play Zen and Kiriko, so the entire weapon charm system is pointless to me which is a bit of a shame as I kind of liked the idea, at least.

2 Likes

that’s only how they work because greedy corporations have normalised it. halo infinite allows you to grind their passes permanently because you’ve already paid for it. I’m tired of the FOMO aspect of modern multiplayer games

13 Likes

They could’ve easily done that.

Kiriko holds her kunai in her hand so they could’ve put the weapon charm in them.

They could’ve added an orb floating over Zen’s hand and put the weapon charm in that.

There was no thought and zero effort put into where to place the weapon charm for some characters.

As I said before, lazy and half-arsed. Not to mention already years behind other games that have been doing weapon charms for longer and implemented them much better.

6 Likes

It could have something to do with the game having a more rewarding reward for playing less than a month ago. It went from getting 4 random drops per hour (with legendary drops happening in 13.5% of all lootboxes) to getting 1/4th of a specifically chosen reward every hour of playing (if you were hoping for a Legendary Zenyatta skin for instance, instead of it being a small chance from a lootbox there is now an absolutely 0% chance of getting it from the free battlepass.)

People want the stuff for free because many of us paid money upfront for the game knowing that was how it worked, and not knowing that game would be patched out of existence. And Activision-Blizzard was able to update the game for years giving away tons of free stuff like that.

Actually, since battle passes cost 1000 coins and you can earn an absolute maximum of 60 coins a week (and in reality many people are much more likely to earn 50 a week tops,) you cap at 480 coins per battle pass. In the time a battle pass is active, if you maxed your weeklies you would earn less than half the cost of a battlepas. If you only got the 50 every week, you cap at 400 coins per battlepass meaning you can’t even afford every other battlepass.

8 Likes

Right? At least when HotS 2.0. added new cosmetics they actually did something new and didn’t replace things (new portraits, voice lines, banners for objectives, destroyed forts and camps and also sprays)

These are just worse emotes even though the animations for a lot of heroes are lovely. Why would anyone want to use them outside of maybe the Junkrat saltshaker combination.

3 Likes

I don’t know how many times people have to say it, but OW1’s business model was NOT smart and NOT consistently profitable and that’s why the team had NO incentive to pump out regular free content.

There’s a reason none of the top games (Fortnite, Apex, LoL, Valorant) use OW1’s business model and all of them use some sort of Battle Pass and sold cosmetics.

Sea of thieves has the perfect battlepass, its so generous because you need to buy the game.
I think premium (players who bough overwatch 1) should get a more generous battlepass
ofc not the mythic skins but atleast some of the icons

2 Likes

overwatch was incredibly profitable, hence the sequel. but corporations aren’t interested in just making a lot of money, they want all of the money

they’ve taken a route of pure greed

14 Likes

You mean you don’t want random voice lines that you will never use?

1 Like

Overwatch 2 was meant to be the PvE content (that we’re now not getting til next year).

Overwatch 2 in it’s current form smacks of Kotick-level greed.

No surprise Jeff left, not wanting to see Overwatch 2 turned into the trainwreck that it’s been since launch.

1 Like

So every kunai she throws has a weapon charm attached?

And how would that work with his animations lol? Zen flings his hands around all over the place as he is throwing his orbs. Would this random orb just follow his hand movements thus getting in the way of your screen when you fire? Would it disappear while he shoots thus nullifying the purpose of a weapon charm? When he is charging his volley how would the orb work? Just seems like you havent thought about the practical implementation of doing something like that. I think based off what they had to work with they did a good job