They significantly nerfed the amount of Comp Points you earn

This is complete crap. It made sense to give a lot of points, because people only had a year until they go away. Now with the new system it will take as long as before… what a stupid change.

The fact they talked about making players be rewarded more for playing, even when losing, but this is the numerical configuration they ended up with, feels pretty disingenuous.

I avoid Comp normally for a few different reasons, but since greens are my favorite colors, I was considering changing that.

The tuning on these rewards decidedly gives the impression that it won’t be worth the effort. They really should directly reward some points every loss.

They want to keep people engaged and playing, but the rate at which anything is handed out from any source other than the Battle Pass itself is extremely poor. Whatever anyone wants to say about balance problems, this is a very big issue too, especially in more casual sections of the playerbase.

2 Likes

Oh man once per season would be so bad. Even still, system is less points than live, and 0 bonus at the end. All around bad.

1 Like

Just how badly they screwed up earning Comp variant weapon skin points leads me to have zero confidence that they even remotely understand all the balance changes they’ve just made. This patch is looking more and more like letting a 5 year old play with knobs and dials

It was 15 points per win in earlier seasons. I have no idea why they’re trying to make it hard to get them. Maybe they’ll increase the amount we earn.

Only two heroes that I use that would look good with a Jade gun our ice skates Sym and the current BP JQ legendary.

Green not only a bizarre choice but even stranger to think you can slap Fomo on it

Nobody scared of missing out on that jankety pallette

To be fair, I am not entirely sure if a year constitutes FOMO for anyone. Most of us will have it before the end of the season and there are about 5 more after that.

I feel especially no lifey now, since I’m out here getting 3+ every season💀

But yeah, this is actually bs that they’re ADDING to the grind.

1 Like

But didn’t the leaks said you need only 1000 points for the weapon?

The official patch notes already stated it costs 3,000 for a jade weapon, same as gold weapons.

2 Likes

If wins and losses are treated equally, then there is no incentive to actually try to win as far as the competitive progression is concerned. You could no life binge in competitive, doing the bare minimum to coast by without being reported for throwing, and you’d get the same amount of competitive progression as someone who puts in the effort to win the game for their team.

I don’t think that’s acceptable.

it is very easy to realize, that rewarding points even when losing, would encourage people to just “farm” for them, and not care about winning, or even encourage the use of bots to farm for them.

It should only be given if you win to avoid this toxic behavior.

Only for the bonus points required for completing the competitive progress bar, which was meant to reward playing, not just wins. Losses would just move the bar up for playing the mode. You still wouldn’t directly get points for losing each match, and you’d get 10 for winning. There would still be incentive to win because you get rewarded for wins.

You don’t get rewarded points for losing. You get points only for winning (currently 10). But the competitive progress bar was supposed to reward simply playing the mode, no matter whether you won or lost. And it still does, but the losses are worth less, which would be fine normally, but not when they’ve seriously nerfed the amount of points we earn each season. It wouldn’t even “encourage” people to lose purposely like everyone thinks. You now get 100 comp points for 30 losses. Making them equal to wins would be 100 comp points for 10 losses.

i didnt say encourage people to lose. They just dont have the absolute incentive to win. and people can stil run bots al night to farm points. ive seen it happen.

Its better to not reward for losses in a mode that is comp

I thought I remembered seeing the system being more generous.
Like with the blizzcon numbers, it’s completely reasonable, taking away the end of season rewards.
But with the new numbers? Complete and utter BS.

3 Likes

Do you know what its called? It’s called abuse. It’s called hate. Instead of just letting you earn a decent amount so you can get anything within humane time they just forbid you from doing so and really they just want you to buy weapon skins in the shop anyways.

While this could happen, I believe the magnitude of the issue is less important than actually making people feel like their time spent in game is worthwhile (which, IMO, is a major issue with this game across the board right now).

If people are throwing games consistently or otherwise not trying, either they’ll end up getting reported or fall to low enough ranks wherein it just won’t impact the majority of players seriously making an effort to win.

1 Like

If you were paying attention, 3 wins should give you 130 comp points

Where did you come up with this number? You should read the patch notes. You’re awarded 10 CP for a win, plus you get a bonus of 100 CP for completing the progress bar. The bar requires 30 units to complete; you get 3 for a win and 1 for a loss. That means 10 wins not 3 are required.

If you’re talking to me, it is you who should read.

“Every match grants progress toward your Competitive Progression meter, and after earning 30 you will receive an additional 100 Competitive Points.”

So 130 comp points for winning 3 or losing 6 or a mix and match