They significantly nerfed the amount of Comp Points you earn

I feel especially no lifey now, since I’m out here getting 3+ every season💀

But yeah, this is actually bs that they’re ADDING to the grind.

1 Like

But didn’t the leaks said you need only 1000 points for the weapon?

The official patch notes already stated it costs 3,000 for a jade weapon, same as gold weapons.

2 Likes

If wins and losses are treated equally, then there is no incentive to actually try to win as far as the competitive progression is concerned. You could no life binge in competitive, doing the bare minimum to coast by without being reported for throwing, and you’d get the same amount of competitive progression as someone who puts in the effort to win the game for their team.

I don’t think that’s acceptable.

it is very easy to realize, that rewarding points even when losing, would encourage people to just “farm” for them, and not care about winning, or even encourage the use of bots to farm for them.

It should only be given if you win to avoid this toxic behavior.

Only for the bonus points required for completing the competitive progress bar, which was meant to reward playing, not just wins. Losses would just move the bar up for playing the mode. You still wouldn’t directly get points for losing each match, and you’d get 10 for winning. There would still be incentive to win because you get rewarded for wins.

You don’t get rewarded points for losing. You get points only for winning (currently 10). But the competitive progress bar was supposed to reward simply playing the mode, no matter whether you won or lost. And it still does, but the losses are worth less, which would be fine normally, but not when they’ve seriously nerfed the amount of points we earn each season. It wouldn’t even “encourage” people to lose purposely like everyone thinks. You now get 100 comp points for 30 losses. Making them equal to wins would be 100 comp points for 10 losses.

i didnt say encourage people to lose. They just dont have the absolute incentive to win. and people can stil run bots al night to farm points. ive seen it happen.

Its better to not reward for losses in a mode that is comp

I thought I remembered seeing the system being more generous.
Like with the blizzcon numbers, it’s completely reasonable, taking away the end of season rewards.
But with the new numbers? Complete and utter BS.

3 Likes

Do you know what its called? It’s called abuse. It’s called hate. Instead of just letting you earn a decent amount so you can get anything within humane time they just forbid you from doing so and really they just want you to buy weapon skins in the shop anyways.

While this could happen, I believe the magnitude of the issue is less important than actually making people feel like their time spent in game is worthwhile (which, IMO, is a major issue with this game across the board right now).

If people are throwing games consistently or otherwise not trying, either they’ll end up getting reported or fall to low enough ranks wherein it just won’t impact the majority of players seriously making an effort to win.

1 Like

If you were paying attention, 3 wins should give you 130 comp points

Where did you come up with this number? You should read the patch notes. You’re awarded 10 CP for a win, plus you get a bonus of 100 CP for completing the progress bar. The bar requires 30 units to complete; you get 3 for a win and 1 for a loss. That means 10 wins not 3 are required.

If you’re talking to me, it is you who should read.

“Every match grants progress toward your Competitive Progression meter, and after earning 30 you will receive an additional 100 Competitive Points.”

So 130 comp points for winning 3 or losing 6 or a mix and match

overwatch became more scummy, who would have guessed it?

You still dont get it.

its comp. its about winning. you get rewarded for winning. otherwise, we will see farming bots in there.

That is NOT fair for those who are in there for the true reason its supposed to be for.

This isnt an MMO. Its compettitive mode.

I don’t know why this is so hard for you to understand.

From the patch notes: “Every match grants progress toward your Competitive Progression meter, and after earning 30 you will receive an additional 100 Competitive Points. Wins award 3 progress toward your Competitive Progression meter. Draws and Losses award 1 progress.”

The 10 points for a win, 5 for a draw, 0 for a loss is direct competitive points earned for each match you play, NOT for progressing the competitive progress meter. The 30 points required to complete the meter isn’t referring to competitive points. It doesn’t complete by earning 30 competitive points (like after 3 wins for example). It progresses by earning what you could call progress points if you want. The meter that awards 100 bonus competitive points requires 30 progress points, and you gain 3 progress points for a win and 1 progress point for a loss. 30 divided by 3 is 10, 30 divided by 1 is 30. That means that you need 10 wins, 30 losses, or a mix to get the 100 bonus competitive points. I can’t explain it any simpler than this.

No, I get it, I just don’t believe it’ll compromise “competitive integrity” nearly as much as you’re assuming, and I rather think keeping players feeling like their time spent is rewarded is much more important, because it will have big impact on how many players are willing to grind through it, which obviously improves queue times, particularly around middle ranks where most players will be.

The weapon skins are literally just a reward for grinding, not for climbing ranks, not for achieving some skill threshold.

And if wins are worth several times a loss, but losses aren’t worth nothing, that will be enough motivation to keep people trying, without making losses feel nearly as bad.

The pure-win reward rates are too low to be attractive right now, which exacerbates the problem.

I was confused at first but I now understand the system after playing.

I’m glad. So that’s my point. The rewards are unfortunately much less than we earned before.

lmao it’s not even close to not looking like a cash grab bruh