“They have a Symmetra and she counters me. Maybe I should switch.”

A quote that is literally non existent with Symmetra 3.0.

At least before she she scared Genjis, and she could pressure pirate ships because she dgaf about your shields.

She counters no one, meanwhile everyone - including crackshot Mercys and assault rifle Widows - can now squash her. After Hammond gets released, she will be more countered than a Home Depot.

SHE IS DPS. SHE NEEDS TO BE A DPS AND ACT LIKE IT.

81 Likes

Yep, new Symm isn’t Symm but some new hero that looks like Symm visually.
Symm and her specialties got deleted from the game.

48 Likes

She is now a tankbuster

8 Likes

she can succ barriers now. But she need 10m range for that and heating is slow

9 Likes

A tank buster should not take 6-8 seconds killing 1 tank.

And for the record, every tank can kill a Symmetra very easily - especially Dva, Reinhardt, Orisa, Winston, even Zarya who has a larger health pool and a beam that can kill more efficiently than her dps counterpart.

47 Likes

She is hardly a tank buster as she has to be within 10 meters of the tank. The second she does that guess who takes a dirt nap…

Spoiler! Not the Tank.

42 Likes

She counters not individuals, she counters groups clustered together. People seem to have zero concept of the amazing relationship Symmetra now has with the ground. Her splash damage is better and more consistent than Phara’s, and placement of a turret or two behind groups often nullifies frontal defensive advantage.

Furthermore, she owns corners even better than Junkrat and is dominant as a point defender with a team, especially enclosed points.

She isnt the same Sym, she is leagues better, but her skill floor went way up.

30 Likes

I mostly find her annoying and spammy both to play and face now, then again constantly pressing her alt-fire doesn’t really feel good on console - at least with Junkrat I can just keep the trigger pressed down, with Symmetra I have to constantly tap.

5 Likes

It helps when you think of her as still being halfway into the support category.

I learned pretty fast that she’s not meant to be good on her own when i queued up for chateau deathmatch. She can help other people with her utility, though, and that’s where a lot of the strength in her kit comes from.

A good Symmetra can kill squishies in two quick hits, and can help secure an area. I actually love being able to do things when there’s a tracer. The slow from the turrets helps your other dps line up shots easier.

Her M1 though? It needs to be brought up to par before she’s can be a truly great pick. Having an ability be absolutely useless primary attack is like carrying around a dead fish. The ramp up idea is outdated, and only worked well because it was a lock on. She can kill anyone faster with her M2.

10 Likes

I dont think “truly a great pick” should be the goal, but I do agree that the primary needs work. I think that the secondary hitting shields should charge the primary.

1 Like

Hammond does not counter Symmetra. At all.
I don’t know why you thought he did.
I like to go on no limits on the PTR and go symm, fighting against teams that are at LEAST 50% hammond, and do very well. Her turrets help deny his mobility on point, and when he actually tries to fight her his hitbox is so big it’s hard to not keep your beam on him. Usually, I can be fighting 2 hammonds at once and still come out on top. Maybe they’re dumb hammonds, but it’s not like I’m godlike with new symmetra. She’s just in a different place, one I consider better.

1 Like

Everyone will learn soon enough.

Corners are your friend in deathmatch on Symm.

Then what is the goal? If she is supposed to loiter in obscurity yet again, then why even rework her once more?

At this point she does need to become a great pick or it has all been completely pointless.

9 Likes

Viable pick should always be the goal. “Greatness” is overshooting. Hanzo is “great”, and stupidly OP. The aim is for viability, not “greatness”

3 Likes

We have a different idea of “great” then, what you call great I call overtuned or even OP.

Great to me, mean someone who is more than just a niche pick. Old Symmetra was picked so little calling her niche would be generous, so for this rework to worth anything in my eyes, especially considering it is the second time she cant just be niche, she has to be great or they might as well not have bothered.

6 Likes

So then ostensibly, we agree, the target is viability, and not “niche”.

1 Like

Um, excuse me? Are we in some alternate universe where Symmetra’s splash damage is now better than pharah’s? Perhaps go test your statements ingame before popping off, honey.

Pharah’s splash has a bigger radius, higher average damage and fire far faster. Meaning she’s better for clustered groups. Sym’s 1 second charge orb is inferior in that regard.

21 Likes

I’d say she somewhat counters Soldier: 76. Her ult versus his ult. Yah, it’s her ultimate that makes her a counter, but that is why Zen is considered a counter to Zarya. High Noon is also countered pretty good as well… Not that it makes her entirely effective.

‘‘They have a soldier and he counters me…’’ - said no one ever

You don’t need to specifically hard counter someone to be a good hero.

That’s just you needing a severe dose of get good ,her M2 orbs are incredibly powerful.

3 Likes