They’re gonna nerf Mercy again

Who’s ready for more counterintuitive nerfs? HYPERS

9 Likes

I don’t really get why, I’d say she’s been in a fine place, it’s just because she enables Ashe to be able to 1 shot by getting a headshot.

1 Like

mercy enables her to 1 shot headshot…

Wanna bet they’ll nerf Mercy damage boost to 24.5% before they nerf Ashe bullets to 75?

4 Likes

Ana + Zen will be more predominate then!

That’s what I meant to say but I didn’t know the word. This whole situation reminds me of the Brigitte enables Tracer .

2 Likes

Her damage boost could really need a nerf. It’s too strong.

I’m praying this is sarcasm

6 Likes

I see it much more likely that Ashe will just see her damage nerfed.

If Mercy’s damage boost gets nerfed, I could see her being dropped out for Zen and his discord, which would essentially bring us back to square one anyways.

EDIT: And correct me if I’m wrong, but Ashe has seen plenty of play in OWL without being paired up with Mercy too, hasn’t she?

1 Like

Unfortunately, they probably will. She’s being used in OWL. That’s a death sentence for any support not named Ana.

6 Likes

Ah yes, Mercy 30% Damage Boost.
The average Mercy Boosts around 1.5k per 10 minutes
You want to know the average Damage of every other Support per 10 minutes?
Ana - 4.3k Damage
Moira - 7.6k Damage
Lucio - 6.8k Damage
Baptiste - 5.3k Damage
Zenyatta - 10k Damage
Brigitte - 5.4k Damage
Not even including the Utility and Strengths of every other Support.
But yes, 1.5k Mercy Damage Boost per 10 minutes is too strong
I’m revoking yalls ability to ever talk about Damage Boost again :woman_facepalming:
Edit: this month on PC the average GM Mercy actually boosts 1.1k per 10 minutes…
Jesus christ yall.

9 Likes

Why are you against this if you are one of the people always complaining about 1 shots. Mercy is one of the main factors to certain heros being able to 1 shot. Without her they cant 1 shot.
So what is it. nerf Mercys damage boost or stop complaining about heroes she boosts.

2 Likes

She is only seeing owl play because all other healers got nerfed to ground thats why

By “They” dont you mean Ashe?
Aka. 1 character in the ENTIRE game?

4 Likes

Any hero that is boosted by Mercy is more powerful. Widow, Ashe, McCree, Pharah, Hog, etc, etc.
The point is the same people that complain about certain DPS heroes (mostly hitscan) are the ones not wanting Mercy to get Nerfed. Even though she enables the heroes they hate to do more damage.

BTW i dont want Mercy to get nerfed. IDC either way tbh. Its just an observation.

…Isnt this any Damage Amplifying ability in the game? Zen? Bap? Ana? Orisa?
Also, Ashe has been in the game for a year and a half and we never had ANY issues until they forced her into the meta by super buffing her.
So how exactly is this Mercy’s fault?
Also you name Widow (a Terrible Boost Target, btw) Ashe (Ofcoarse…) McCree…? McCree has been garbage for 4 years. Pharah…? Pharah hasnt seen top play since year 1 :woman_shrugging:

You arguably get more value from boosting an Ashe who one taps someone than in 1k damage on any other support that doesn’t result in a kill

Just because the number is smaller doesn’t mean the impact is. Boosting a hero so they instakill removes the need to even deal a ton of damage to them. And the better the buffed player is, the more value and impact DB has

It’s a complicated issue that isn’t necessarily just about the “damage done” numbers, something I don’t often see brought up

4 Likes

Ah, yeah, Mercy is the problem here.
Obviously.

6 Likes

Ah yes, Mercy players. The ultimate victims in this game.

3 Likes

Agreed Mercy isnt the problem. The problem was/is that they buffed Ashe into oblivion

1 Like