There's no difference between a plat Mercy and a masters Mercy

I have two accounts, one where I play primarily Mercy (2800 sr). And one where I play primarily Sombra but flex to Mercy when we need another healer (3800 sr). How is it that I can play Mercy really well and be really effective in mid-high masters, but then I play her just as well in plat, but can’t climb?

She is literally a bot right now. It doesn’t matter how good of a Mercy you are, you’re going to be just as ineffective as every other Mercy

15 Likes

K.

So what’s your favorite Mercy buff that doesn’t include multi-Rez, or removing-Rez?

1 Like

I’m triggered

10 Likes

I have a weird idea in mind that most people wouldn’t like, but I would want a “battle Mercy” :stuck_out_tongue:

• Increase damage boost to 50%
  • Increase flight speed by 20%
  • Increase pistol damage to 25dmg/bullet
  • Increase projectile speed, and reduce projectile hitbox
  • Reduce health to 150hp
  • Increase passive regen by 10hps

Any thoughts on this idea?

🍢 [Mercy] Spear of the Valkyrie

I would love that. Anything to make her more fun and increase her impact

1. Healing to 60 hps.
  2. Chain beams removed entirely from Valkyrie. Main beam heals for 90 hps, damage beam also gives 30 hps. OR chain beams removed, duration decreased to 12 seconds, main beam heals for 120, damage beam for 60.
  3. Res in no longer on a 30 second cooldown. Valkyrie gives one charge of res. Doesn’t have to be used during valk. Can stack up to 3. Same cast time as now.
3 Likes

I’ll stop you right there.

Now Mei and Mccree can one-shot people.

1 Like

As a Plat Mercy, this lowkey upped my confidence xd

3 Likes

Huh, that’s an interesting approach to a multi rez that you might actually be able to sell to devs.

If it takes you 8 minutes to charge a 3 man Rez.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I kind of like it. It decreases the total power of res but increases your ability to make plays and the importance of your decisions.

If you want to hold onto res for 3 ultimates, and then can get off 3 resurrections in a fight, then you earned that hero moment.

I feel the same about the Valkyrie changes. It’s less healing than current Valkyrie, but it should feel better. Your choices will matter and they’ll feel more impactful.

I don’t see the problem with that. Widow, Hanzo, Doomfist, and Hog can all one shot on their own, so why is it a bad thing if McCree and Mei can one shot WITH a pocket. It takes two heros to do it

Both of these are cooldown abilities and aren’t the easiest to pull off (the one-shotting part). I’m not sure if you’re aware, but damage boost was once 50% and it was ridiculously broken. Mccree would be picked every game. Mei would be hanzo but better. I know it’s using two heroes, but it doesn’t require any kind of effort to combine these.

well because widow and hanzo are snipers, they are kind of suppose to one shot, and Hog and Doom both use abilities to one shot, which they can be shut down while using them. Damage boost doing 50% is the same as a nano boost/orisa ult in case you didnt know. She would literally be a flying, mobile, much harder to kill orisa ult when in valk. This would be one of the most insanely overpowered things this game has ever seen.

Well, the other nice thing is that it could reuse the old interface for multi-Rez Valk.

Do I really need to explain to you the difference between a support and a DPS? Is this for real?

True, I hadn’t thought of that.

Minimal dev resources needed is usually a good selling point.

Ok, then 40%

My concern in this regard is that they have an art asset for the multi beams which they might be hesitant to abandon. I really do think they should go though. I don’t think Mercy should be an aoe healer, and the aoe component of her ult is not really fun.