There should be a talon missions gamemode like archives!

im wondering why we’re always playing as overwatch or blackwatch why can’t we get any talon missions like the sombra reveal trailer?

2 Likes

I’m 99% sure that’s next years archives unless we get something like that in “Overwatch 2”

Because typically, you don’t play as the villains. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be cool, but I’m not sure why people are so surprised there hasn’t been an archives event for Talon characters.

I wouldn’t really call Talon villains.

We play as Blackwatch and Overwatch because that’s the theme of Archives - it’s a peek into the archives of Overwatch missions.

2 Likes

Why? They’re about as villainous as you can get without mustache twirling.

3 Likes

Name one bad thing Talon has done.
They might be the antagonists but they certainly aren’t the bad guys.

Watch the next archives mission be Sombra, Moira, Widow and Doomfist breaking out Sigma from prison

Aside from them being a known terrorist organization? Really?

Doomfist is trying to start wars

Moira would use children as lab rats if it meant progressing her studies

They brainwashed a woman into murdering her husband and took away her ability to feel

They’re manipulating a mentally broken man into committing heinous acts of violence in their name

Reaper is, well, Reaper

Sombra doesn’t have clear goals, but she’s still assisting a terrorist organization.

They have literally every form of villain you could possibly think of and they all do very bad things.

3 Likes

Killing Mondatta maybe?

4 Likes

I think the only reason we haven’t had a Talon mission for Archives yet is the lack of characters and the fact that we got Blackwatch last year. If we had one this Archive instead of Havanna it would’ve been Reaper, Moira, Widow, and either Doomfist or Sombra. Basically a harder version of the Blackwatch roster. (Baptiste likely wasn’t ready in time for Archive)

Now that Sigma and Baptiste are in the game we might see a Talon Archive as soon as next year. The lore seems to be expanding towards Talon, though they don’t have as much history as Overwatch. I think they might not get much attention for Archive missions but they’ll definitely play a big part in whatever the next Overwatch game is.

2 Likes

Maybe they are just misunderstood…?

Jk. I know they are represented as fairytale villains, but I feel that the world and blizzard are kinda getting past that “there are good guys and bad guys” trope.

They are leaning more towards “These are the honorable heroes, and these are the edgy misfits” type of thing

2 Likes

We have 6 Talon members, 7 if you count Baptiste. We have more than enough members for a Talon Archives mission. However, I have little faith in BLizzard when it comes to events so they’re going to reuse 3 heroes with 1 new addition and the story does nothing to advance the plot.

Aside from them being a known terrorist organization?

[citation needed]
Overwatch aren’t any less of a terrorist organization than Talon. At least Talon didn’t get a worldwide ban issued by the UN. You can criticize their methods but they aren’t just out to cause terror.

Moira would use children as lab rats if it meant progressing her studies

Has she actually done it though? All we know is that she conducted experiments on consenting adults, herself and rabbits (which have not been harmed). Even if she did sacrifice a life for scientific progress imagine all the lives she could save with that progress.

They brainwashed a woman into murdering her husband and took away her ability to feel

They saved Amelie from a broken marriage.

They’re manipulating a mentally broken man into committing heinous acts of violence in their name

They freed him from an asylum/jail and allowed him to continue his research which is his greatest passion in life.

Reaper is, well, Reaper

Reaper is also Gabriel Reyes, whom we know is a respected war veteran and probably isn’t evil just for no reason.

Sombra doesn’t have clear goals, but she’s still assisting a terrorist organization.

Sombra wants to unveil the secret illuminati organization running the world.

im guessing its some sort of ptsd that caused reaper to go mental

i mean think about it, losing your entire position that you worked hard for while also thinking that position is low for your standards, reaper just felt like he was left in the dust while soldier got all the fame, his hate is out of pure jealousy.

Because the entire theme of the Archives missions, as per the buildup marketing for Uprising afaik, was that someone was accessing or hacking into the old archived Overwatch mission files. At this point, no one is looking back on Talon’s mission files.

Let’s save this women from a broken marriage by brainwashing her into killing her husband that she loves and then keeping her as a living weapon, and if she doesn’t follow orders she dies!

how is it a “broken” marriage btw?

2 Likes

Yes, they are. Talon didn’t get banned because they aren’t operating legally in the first place. They want to create conflict to make humanity stronger. Assassinating Mondatta was part of it.

The point is that she would. Her work is also described as highly unethical and she was removed from Overwatch for it. A woman with no morals is evil.

I don’t know if this is a joke or not, but it’s blatantly manipulating the narrative. You might as well be saying Darth Vader spared the children he murdered a lifetime of hardship.

Again, that’s manipulating the narrative. The story is that he’s being used as a living weapon to further Talon’s goals.

That changes nothing. Evil is evil and he’s a villain. The reason he’s a villain doesn’t matter in that regard.

We don’t know that.

No matter how you look at it, the Talon characters are the villains. They are profoundly immoral antagonists and clearly intended to be bad. There’s no alternative interpretation that isn’t forcing a false narrative. The only argument that can be made is for Sombra because we don’t know what she’s really doing.

1 Like

actually we do,

wouldnt say that she just wants to discover it she also wants to control it.

3 Likes

I was certain this year would’ve been a mission where Sombra, Baptiste, Doomfist and Widow since they all had Talon skins