There is literally no reason to play the event anymore

dude just back off lol. Im not a dev but im not a moron either. I dont need skin patches and reworked heres marketed as sequel.

1 Like

I am playing them, because the event doesn’t work :smiley:

And convince? I don’t need to convince anyone, but I see something I think is dumb I’m obviously going to correct it. Who are you trying to convince?

3 Likes

I think people have missed the point if this post… the people right original reason people liked the events mainly was that you got potentially good rewards for playing the game (free event skins from loot boxes) now the rewards are trash and the event is just meh now

13 Likes

No. They’re not being a drama queen.

We purchased OW1 to begin with because we got skins just by playing the game (And in a timely fashion. Not locked to 60 coins per week to create this awkward time gate.)

So we went from being able to earn all of these skins, to not being able to earn them at all without playing every day for MORE THAN A YEAR to earn the coins for them. Or… fork over $20-$44 for one skin.

That is quite literally insane.

There is no reason for casual players to play anymore. I can go play other FPS games and earn cool stuff for free again and NOT support this crackpot company anymore.

I uninstalled, I will not be reinstalling. I was FOUR tiers away from the end of the battlepass and I don’t care. I’ve been playing since OW1 launched, and I also don’t care.

I AM NEVER. BUYING. A BLIZZARD. PRODUCT. AGAIN.

NEVER. SPENDING A -DIME- ON YOUR COMPANY AGAIN.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. YOU KILLED YOUR COMPANY.

15 Likes

You coming to the forums of a game you hate is about the most dumb thing you can do.

3 Likes

Yes there is. Because you like the game…whoa brace yourself, some big facts just hit you.

2 Likes

Hate? You’re projecting here. Never said I hate the game, I said it wasn’t good enough to stand on it’s gameplay alone. Most shooters aren’t.

What those other shooters do have though unlike OW now is a rewarding cosmetic experience.

2 Likes

It’s so odd to me that kids these days need a “reason” to play a game. I play games because they are fun, lol.

I think most people just play games because they are fun. If you are really playing because you are “earning” some different colored pixels, you might need to reevaluate your thought process.

3 Likes

People who are casually enjoying the game will stop playing it when the experience doesn’t feel like its building towards anything. Plain and simple. You can only play super mario brothers 2 so many times.

12 Likes

See you next season.

3 Likes

Yes it can and it will for years to come. You are just upset that things aren’t in your favor. It happens. Find happiness.

3 Likes

If super mario brothers 2 was constantly releasing new characters, maps, gamemodes, etc. You would be able to play it more than a couple of times.

1 Like

One play is enough as there’s nothing to earn.

I LIKED the event, it showed more depth in terms of options etc than prior OW PVE content.

But as said, I’ve no reason to replay/grind it.

6 Likes

And now you have all your skins in OW2

Complain about it being overpriced, sure , but don´t complain because it´s not free. Skins require money to be made, thus they will require money to be acquired

Good luck doing that in any other F2P game, and the payed ones are going to charge you for DLC packs

1 Like

That can be applied to literally everything you do in life, what is the point you are trying to make here.

3 Likes

And imagine quitting super mario brothers 2 because you can’t afford the purple luigi. lol

5 Likes

Def right. I think the time span for the next hero is in 6 months. I’m more than certain casual players will be gone and not coming back. Im not saying they need to dump characters into this game either, im just saying it gets old fast when your not actively building something. This game isn’t a one shot experience like other titles, so super mario was a bad example but my point remains.

1 Like

Lmao okay. I’m sure they are adding all those cosmetics to the item shop then because people will nobody will buy them because the gunplay and totally not broken audio design is so good.

It doesn’t favor anyone. And I am happy, just not with OW. Like I said, playing other games.

2 Likes

If someone is really sticking to this game just because of cosmetics, he ain´t going to stay for long anyway. I wish for anyone like that a nice trip to any other game that will charge him for skins just like OW does

1 Like

This game has no longevity and will be totally forgotten come summer 2023. My speculation of course.

2 Likes