There is literally no reason to play the event anymore

Play event → level up → get lootbox → maybe get an event skin, if not repeat until skin comes or you have enough currency to buy it outright.
VS.
Play event → complete event challenge to get a voice line or some BP exp → level up BP to get a voice line or player icon or whatever every 5 levels → don’t get skins because you get $0.60 worth of currency every WEEK (assuming you do ALL weekly challenges which is a big if) and a single event skin is $26.00

Why play? Why bother?

363 Likes

Because you enjoy team based shooters? Nobody shooting at you is going to stop and say “Dude he is sooooooo cool with that amazing skin!”

45 Likes

yeah like, i get that skins are cool and we should complain in the hope that blizzard lowers the prices, but like… play the game for what the game is? Are you playing a Shooter or a Skin contest?

20 Likes

I play WoW. It’s a barbie dress up game. Having a great mog increases your DPS by 10% easy.

28 Likes

That’s the point they literally ruined causal play that appealed to so many people in OW1. The fact that they did not update there game for 3 years and only provide skins which were obtainable free, and then decided to push a big update as a sequel OW2 while destroying casual skin grinding which was the majority of OW1 casual players… but who cares right? Screw the players who we’re there when the content was dry, now just farm us instead.

102 Likes

They probably couldn´t update the game for 3 years because of the lack of revenue from the game, that happened because they gave us everything for free

7 Likes

Never said they were making money. Just telling you how they ruined the game for causal players…

4 Likes

OW1 made over 850 MILLION dollars in the last 2 years, just sayin

54 Likes

Everything you do that pertains to this company is OPTIONAL. I don’t know how to make that any clearer to you. You can use the basic free skins and just be as successful as you would with an overpriced skin. Change comes at the bank, not filling their forums with endless loops of drama.

4 Likes

Again never said it wasn’t optional. I’m just saying how they literally ruining the game for causal players lol…

6 Likes

Ruining what exactly. You do the same exact thing with basic skins as you do with overpriced skins. You are being a drama queen for nothing.

3 Likes

The only possible way for OW1 to make money was through people buying the game over and over again. That was not sustainable at all

Shooters in the old days sold new maps, guns skins and all kind of things as Dlc´s. They NEED to sell stuff, because doing new things cost money

2 Likes

Some people don’t like the comp side, so what do they do? They play arcade. Why did they play arcade or QP? To obtain cosmetics… like it’s not rocket science lol

26 Likes

Do you have the data to back this up? I’ll wait.

3 Likes

If you play fortnite, apex, valorant, paladins, etc… and don´t want to spend money, you get to play the game and that´s it, maybe you earn yourself some sprays

Why are you guys pretending that this is an OW only thing? it´s not

5 Likes

This dude over here trying to defend Activision when they made 850 million off a game that was essentially in maintenance mode, lol

55 Likes

This company made billions in profit last year. They could allocate a budget of like 10m to a small team to keep the game updated with fun things. NO THOUGH. WE NEED TO SPEND 500 MILLION ON MARKETING AND SUBVERTING EXPECTATIONS.

Everyone needs to stop perceiving OVERWATCH AS A COMPANY. It belongs to a mega corp with billions at their disposal. Do you think they update world of Warcraft based on only the money they get from WoW???
:nauseated_face:

24 Likes

It is the same as before except the challenges that matters are much more forgiving. Nobody really used the pve for leveling. just for the weekly missions.

1 Like

You need to understand that

is a tiny number of players, even relative to the Overwatch 1 playerbase but especially compared to the new Overwatch 2 playerbase. Tens of millions of people bought Overwatch 1 in 2016 and most of them fell away from the game because they only new content that was being added was new skins in recycled events.

I liked Overwatch 1, I played it from 2016-2022 but Overwatch 2 is better in every single way. There are fewer skins that I can unlock (because I would have to pay for them all) but ultimately that isn’t important - the gameplay is vastly improved and there are regular hero/map releases again and that is what has drawn people back.

In terms of gameplay, this is the best and most original event we’ve had since Archives 2018. The PVE mission is fantastic. Skins matter far less than you think they do.

8 Likes

Complain about whatever you want, just make sense out of it. I too think that skins are overpriced, but stop living in this fairy magical world where everything is free, things don´t work that way in the real world

4 Likes