There are zero characters I find fair against Genji

I have a pretty decent sized hero pool: Widow, McCree, Soldier, Torbjorn, Ana, Hanzo, Roadhog, Zarya, Zenyatta. I’m also not a bad player - I’m currently rated 3600 on pc.

I find Genji to be unfair against every single hero. His “counters” - if you can call them that - have less mobility than he does, the lowest dps in the game, and they cannot headshot him.

Genji needs to be toned down - he is way too strong.

24 Likes

Moira does wonders against him.

21 Likes

She’s only good against bad Genjis. Just like Winston.

14 Likes

Moira and Brigitte wreck him. Winston does pretty well. Zarya should do fine. Personally I just use Soldier against him, putting down a Biotic Field and baiting out his Deflect works well enough for me. Sometimes I get outplayed, usually I just burst him with my rockets and a few headshots once his deflect is down and his dash is gone.

2 Likes

Moira, winston, symmetra, doomfist, and sometimes torb turret. That what i saw countering genji in my team every time. And now brigitte if genji is stupid to go face to face agains her insted of jumping away.

5 Likes

same can be said about widowmaker. A good widow is basically unstoppable. Either you’re simultaneously charge her with 2 tanks or manage to handle her in a 1v1 with genji, Rarely any other hero can handle her.

So does the fact that most heroes feel unfair against her in a 1v1, mean that she’s OP and needs to be toned down?

There has to be some form of indication as to why genji’s too OP.

let’s check.

Pickrate around 30% for masters which is your rank. He’s a high skill ceiling hero, so it’s understandable that he is one of the top tier heroes in terms of picks. But regardless, that’s the 6th highest pick, and given the fact that most heroes with lower pickrates than him are pretty close to him, it’s not an alarming rate.

How about winrate? I mean an OP character should have a high winrate right? Unless his pickrate is close to 100% which isn’t, winrate is a relevant stat to check.
In masters, 52% winrate which is the 15th amongst all heroes. Pretty average.

Now let’s check other stuff.

Elimination: close to 26 average. What about other heroes? Soldier’s behind by 0.6~7. Tracer’s ahead by 1. d.va’s ahead by 2. basically another average stat for dps heroes.

How about damage dealt? 12692. 12th in rank. Average again.

Maybe objective kills? 8.41. 17th. Below average.

Then medals? To see how superior he is to his own teammates in games.

Total medals 12th rank.
Golds 11th.
silver 11th.
bronze 12th.

How about times on fire? That should be a decent indication of a hero overdoing things. 11th.

Ok. So you tell me, what aspect of his results show a TOO STRONG Vibe? Because i played him for nearly 200 hours and still didn’t manage to see it. Maybe stats and everything i know from playing with him or against him are insignificant and you discovered something unknown.

11 Likes

Torbjorn has aimbot so Genji can not even get near the point, Winston has high mobility,Mei can get him stuck inside the point and Doomfist can take out Genji without even trying too much… The idea with Genji is not necessarily following him… It’s more about not letting him come close, He’s really bad aiming at long range, He’s major advantages are in medium and close range…

Symmetra will be frying those filthy Gengu mains all day.

2 Likes

But there is a solution: shields and close range fights. A winston bubble makes a widow irrelevant and if you stack more shields she is helpless.

same way with genji. play pharahmercy, quad tank, and many different strategies and he’ll become irrelevant. Or more accurately, less viable than his counterparts.

Pharmercy and 4 tank don’t make him useless. Nice try.

1 Like

Really? Zarya? Genji has never really bothered me as Zarya. I mean when I’m 0 charge, ok maybe he can do some damage on me, but if I have anything over 50 charge, Genjis always run away because they have no way to block Zarya’s beam and if they don’t escape, Zarya high charge beam melts him very fast.

In my experience anyway. Not sure why you’ve found problems dealing with Genji as Zarya. He’s one of the easiest to shoo away.

1 Like

Which is why he has a ballpark 30% usage rate in the OWL right? Barely beating out Widowmaker.

Also not to mention that based on teamfight statistics, Genji’s winrate in fights without his ultimate up is far below average, he loses more than 60% of the fights he participates in when he doesn’t have Dragonblade, while only winning ~56% of the fights where he actually does ult. Even Widowmaker and McCree have higher UsedUlt win% in fights and much higher NoUlt win% in them.

Dude…it’s less than widow this stage. Not attacking you, just saying

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/the-meta-hero-tier-report-for-owl-stage-two-is-out-did-it-go-as-we-expected/49520

The epitome of perspective and why bias is not important in game design decisions.

1 Like

Using winstonslab Widowmaker (25.16%) is only slightly behind Genji (29.38%) this stage.

Oh I was just linking that report. I wonder where that data is from. Hmm. Ah it doesn’t matter. It still adds to your point that they are comparable which I agree with

Every time people say McCree is weak against Genji I assume they don’t know how to flash around deflect.

2 Likes

Moira is a Genji counter. Yes, even in master.

1 Like
https://gfycat.com/TameSoulfulEidolonhelvum

You are wrong. I threw that directly behind Genji and it still got deflected.

1 Like