The worst part about overwatch

The worst thing about the game is 3/4 of the players, they are either toxic or just don’t care and then come on and complain about a hero who counters their favorite hero.

I would argue it’s the system fault for encouraging/allowing one tricking.
If people were forced to play more/all heroes I bet there wouldn’t be that many complaints.
I have had so many discussions.

Guy: “They should nerf widowmaker because she is extremely op!”
Me: “when you pick widowmaker do you always win?”
Guy: “I don’t play OP characters just nerf her it’s not rocket science.”

Nope, sorry. The worst part about Overwatch is the players.

The “you guys are sh*t im reporting” wankers, the trolls, the leavers, the voiceline spammers and the other people who simply don’t deserve to share the servers with the rest of us.

You could talk about the problems in the game and ways to fix them instead of making sarcastic threads that will probably get deleted. You can’t expect people to fix things if you don’t acknowledge the problem directly.

You realize they mean playing the game is like having to suffer a little for a gamble of a good time.

Lets be honest here.

Good games and bad games. We have them all. But do not deny that bad games exist.

And more often then not with a 50% win loss ratio algorythm you are bound to get an inbalance of good games over bad ones or vice versa.

So…yes bad games make bad feels. Good games don’t happrn as often as we want. Brcause who the hell logs in to just lose?

Thats a good point.
Sometimes I like sharing my feelings.
Other times I make constructive posts where i go into details and suggest improvements.

Has nothing to do with one tricking that makes me say they don’t care, it is running off clean across the map screaming I need healing, not trying for the objective and just chasing kills etc.

Nor does one tricking have anything to do with players complaining about heroes being OP, if they keep getting killed by said hero because their awareness is crap or they do stupid things they will cry.

Players are the problem not the devs or the game.

I disagree with you on this.

…people complained about EVERY LAST HERO being OP! Literally in a cycle you can almost tell which hero will be next on the “This hero is OP” list.

well, the game imo, has a test right now. If they nerf hammond. Then we’ll know where blizzard thinks what side of the fence overwatch should be on and thus the game will not improve without a shake up internally along with a drastic drop in numbers.

but yeah, if they nerf hammond, then the game isnt gonna get better any time soon.

Yikes hahah though to be fair, Bungie has made significant efforts to improve, while Blizzard seems to have a marked lack of urgency on the same front. Probably, because Blizzard hasn’t suffered financially while Bungie has, but to their credit, Bungie is really hauling their little behinds to get things up to par. It shouldn’t have been a problem, but at least they’re fixing it.

If only Blizzard would do the same

2 Likes

It truly is. But I’ve gone back to not playing it. I spend more time being unhappy and out of control than any other video game I play. Bf1 is way more fun than this.

1 Like

unfortunately for me personally there are far too many negatives that outweigh the positives. ( In my opinion )

1 Like

The worst part about overwatch is the toxic hive mind many forum posters seem to have.

1 Like

Same. I keep looking for something else to occupy my gaming time and nothing has characters and pacing as enjoyable. It’s been a while since the characters were further developed and the instakill stun juggle meta is making the fast pace less enjoyable, though, so the reasons to stick with it is dwindling.

1 Like

Agreed. Though I theorize that the fake positivity is masking the real negatives that need to be addressed with Destiny 2.

This is probably why they cannot seem to make any significant changes to hype the game back up.

Yeah, I think it’s two-fold. On one hand, it’s really only the live team working on Destiny at the moment, which means they’re deeply limited in what they can do except in the very long term (i.e. with Forsaken). On the other hand, they deeply ingrained the game into insta-gratification with long-term additional rewards via monetization, and disentangling it when the overhead (i.e. Luke Smith, Activision) aren’t really motivated to change it proves to be challenging at the least.

By comparison, Blizzard just doesn’t seem that motivated to change problems. Like, yes, they’ll do it, but they seem infinitely more occupied by… I don’t know, to be honest. OWL, but OWL isn’t that all-consuming. Even so, it just seems like we’re still waiting on balance changes, QOL features, lore, etc for rolling up on years now…

1 Like

Resistance is futile. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Also fix the balance and admit your bad at the game noob. LOL

toxic hive mind :joy:

1 Like

There are a few chill posts, like the Bastion megathread. Everyone is super nice there(except for the Bastion is OP trolls, but they are rare).

1 Like

I kinda understand what you mean most the forums are negative and just frustrated people.
But toxic hive mind is really funny.