The Whats, Whys, and Hows of the Overwatch Priority Pass

No, it’s my job to babysit you, apparently. And then when you charge 1000 feet away from me and I don’t GA to you and heal you to die or rez you to die, you whine about no heals.

No. I am saying it isn’t the design of the heroes that makes the role unfun. It’s other players, typically DPS players that can’t look behind them to check on their healer and whine and cry if they do something stupid and die for it.

2 Likes

Sure it is. I would’ve never played support with the original cast of support heroes. Then Ana got added and now I’m a support main. It’s definitely not as simple as “some people just want to only click heads”.

Tanks right now are mostly either mostly tactics and low mechanics, or DPS gameplay with one low mechanic tanking tool. I’d want something similar to Ana, that is mechanically demanding, but not just for dealing damage, but also for healing, or in this case, tanking.

4 Likes

I’d be more likely to be annoyed if you try to rez me in a dumb position which I’ve found a lot of Mercies do.

No, I don’t even try unless there is a wall near you that I can hide behind or I know for sure I can get some whacked-out superjump rez off. I’m not a dumb Mercy, I’d rather you walk back from the spawn than kill myself to get you rezzed unless it’s overtime.

1 Like

Most bad Mercy players don’t realize the dumb stuff they do lol. Well, same for everyone.

1 Like

even when tank balance was in a much better state tanks were still far less picked than dps and support. it truly is a matter of personal preference. that isnt to say that certain changes have made tank less bearable to play though.

1 Like

This will likely fail, just like priority queue did. The only surefire way to solve queue time issues is adding more, unique Tanks and Supports. Give people reasons to want to play those roles. Stop sticking to the boring trends you’ve been doing with Tanks and Supports. Not every tank needs a shield and not every support needs to heal. Variety is the spice of life, and currently the tank and support roles don’t have that.

1 Like

Isn’t that the same for everybody?

I think the dumbest thing I do is accidentally bunny hop past Rein’s shield sometimes instead of to right behind it, but unless the enemy team is super on the ball I can typically correct that immediately.

I’m a very careful Mercy. Not that I don’t make mistakes, but what good is it if I rez someone and then die immediately after? They’re just going to also die and feed the enemy twice as much ult charge. :woman_shrugging:

That’s bad too. That means you don’t take risks. Which you have to do to be good.

1 Like

Looking at your overbuff right now. According to that the last time you played Rein you won a grand total of 2 games, the time before that 0 games, the time before that 6 games, and the next several sessions are all 0 games. So unless you queue as tank to intentionally throw whenever you do, you’re clearly not winning as much as you think.

1 Like

Recently climbed from Plat to Diamond on Reinhardt. Won plenty.

To be fair, there is not a single player, for any hero, who doesn’t make stupid mistakes every now and then. I’m a pretty decent Mercy player, I wouldn’t place myself in the upper echelon, mind you, but I’m not terrible. However, I do also like doing high risk rezzes, which other Mercy players may see as stupid plays. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

With what I’d assume are you regular stats you were very clearly carried.

Don’t rely on Overbuff mate. I can post some of my gameplay if you want. Stats are meaningless. The fact that you think stats mean anything show you don’t understand the game lol.

Honestly… i want this to report as trolling. Tanks have NO fun playing this game atm and are NOT strong and die in a second.

1 Like

Oh I do, but they are calculated risks. When I say I am very careful, I mean that I try to evaluate every situation and decide if the risk is worth the reward. I take risks in every game, like superjumping over things and landing on the point for a split second to distract the enemy before GA’ing back to my tank/behind the shield. Or pulling out my pistol and quickly chasing/finishing off a low dps or Ana while the other healer keeps the rest of the team up for 5 seconds. Going Valk to take out Pharah/Echo and trusting the other healer. Pulling off behind-the-back rezzes (an example of me doing a dangerous rez but only after calculating whether the enemy will react to me in time).

I’m not entirely risk-averse, but if we’re talking about you lying dead on top of the payload with 6 enemies looking right at you, hell no I’m not rezzing you.

1 Like

The amount of time you spend dead begs to differ.

Not really? If I die but I’ve made enough space for my team that they win the fight, that death was well worth it.

1 Like

True, but going off of how infrequently you actually win games as the hero its clearly a detriment when you do it.

As I said, I win plenty of games. So it’s not a detriment. It won me enough to get out of Plat. You’re still in Plat, aren’t you?

1 Like