The Whats, Whys, and Hows of the Overwatch Priority Pass

“Part of the reason playing Damage has been more popular is that we’ve had more Damage heroes than Tanks and Supports. Over the last few years, players have seen us implement more Tanks and Supports to help with that.”

They know the reason is partly because there are so many DPS heroes, and they’re trying to help with that by…having 4 of the new heroes since release be DPS, 4 be support, and 3 being tank? And the latest hero released is a DPS?

Yeah that makes a lot of sense lol good job with that. Maybe actually try doing that tho?

10 Likes

I think it’s more about quantity

The dps category is as big as the other two roles combined. And they made echo a dps because her ult “didn’t really fit” a support. This type of limited thinking is why we have so many dps, it’s the default in the minds of the devs and that’s a huge problem.

I KNOW, like… why??? They know it’s an issue, explicitly say they’ve been trying to address it, but the heroes they have released say otherwise.

2 Likes

But when Hog was good there were calls to him him gutted.

The loud few in this community such as Samito can dictate what heroes should be good and what ones shouldn’t.

Hog should have never been touched at all to begin with, he received buffs/nerfs because blizzard as they always do messed with something no one was complaining about and made a hero a must pick that was statistically fine.

1 Like

Just shows how they’re still out of touch with tank players

2 Likes

But they’re right. I have plenty of fun playing tank. (Reinhardt and Ball) It’s a matter of taste.

It’s hardly an understatement to say that it’s a minority of players that have fun with tanks tho, right? In a setting designed around about a third of the player base having fun with them.

2 Likes

I mean, as a tank and support player I agree that they are a blast to play

But you know how people are with pew pew games. They wanna pew pew

1 Like

You play the socially acceptable tank and the one that hasn’t been thrashed with nerfs yet, and those nerfs are coming. Most tanks have been stripped of what their core value was thanks to the crying of the top tier players, less than 1% of the playerbase. If anything players are asking for some of that value back.

1 Like

True but it’s not a design issue as far as tank/support heroes’ design. Most players want to play an FPS.

Oh believe me, I don’t play Reinhardt in a socially acceptable way lol

I never, EVER shield for anyone but myself. I always always charge in, and hammer away. Fun as heck.

1 Like

…so you’re a thrower then.

5 Likes

No I actually get good results doing that. Enemy team rarely expects super-aggro Rein. But my team flames me a whole lot.

1 Like

Speak for yourself and yourself only. I enjoy playing support. It’s other players that make the role not fun by not protecting/assisting/appreciating.

2 Likes

Rightfully so, you are making the game far more stressful for them than it should be by playing a hero in a suboptimal way.

I’m primarily a tank player, and I don’t think tanks have been particularly fun to play for over a year. The ladder is revolving around the “pew pew” tanks right now (Zarya, Roadhog, Ball, Sig) and queue times are as short for tanks as ever.

5 Likes

Who cares if it’s “stressful for them” if I’m winning games lol. I’m not their babysitter.

2 Likes

Maybe is better increase one DPS slot in teams, so 3 DPS per match can reduce a little bit of queue times.

So what, you’re just going to pretend current queues and pick rates don’t reflect what I’m saying?

I still play Sigma and Winston a ton, this is a matter of adapting

IMO, Priority Pass points racked up should have a limited time or decay. I would say a max of 48 hours to use them before they go away.

This decay should easily be seen. A notice like "You currently have 10 Priority Pass points. 3 of them will expire in the next 4 hours.

1 Like