The way you guys are treating the developers is beyond sickening

What’s happened today might have sounded the death toll for this game. No its not dead but officially there is now NO trust from most of the community that the current balance team can save the game. OW is in decline, that can’t be debated. But the fact that the devs can essentially be this stubborn about denying that reality is a VERY telling sign of the future…or lack of one. Which sucks because I really love this game, I just sincerely believe its being taken care of by the wrong people.

8 Likes

I still trust them, to a degree of course. I don’t agree with all of their decisions, but most so far.

If this is what made that portion of the community lose their trust, then their trust isn’t even worth having :smile:

1 Like

Well unlike you, I’d prefer for this game not to die due to a mass leaving of players out of frustration with the devs apparent disregard for the health of the game.

6 Likes

The more mindless children that leave the better the community and thus game tbh

6 Likes

I’m not just imagining that he literally said increase in healing power has happened, but 4 healers have been nerfed in terms of healing per second by a fair amount. Main healers too.

Meanwhile we have Hanzo who since rework has been doing 4k more damage on average (from 12k dmg to 16k dmg) and we have main tank (one with a barrier) that does over twice the amount of damage as Reinhardt, the OG main tank.

And finally we have soldier who’s in a far better state ability wise than during season 3 after which he was nerfed for being too powerful, but who’s now not picked almost at all in GM for being too weak. Screw winrates, people don’t pick overall weak heroes. And genji who used to be a strong hero feared across all ranks but who’s nowdays just a bladebot.

If they want this game to survive, they’re gonna have to start sounding like they know what they’re talking about. Because they got Overwatch 2 and they need an actual playerbase for that and not just a dumpster fire they left behind.

I’d love for this game to be good. But gutting heroes left and right for no reason only to give them joke buffs half a year later or worse, leaving them down to rot and pretending everything in this game isn’t on fire isn’t helping this game become good or making the sequel sound enticing.

7 Likes

Every time a developer comes onto the forums, we have this conversation. It’s beyond sad and should not be this way.

5 Likes

If the community shrinks down to a point where keeping servers open and updating with content isn’t financially viable that becomes a problem for all of us that stay. Because at that point any issues that remain are there to stay for good.

8 Likes

I find it sad that they justify their toxicity towards the devs and blizzard in general.

No, you’re not allowed to be a d-bag just because you’re frustrated.

5 Likes

And you’d be delusional to think this would actually happen.

2 Likes

god no. this is a horrible analogy to use given how reversed it is in actuality

1 Like

You’d be more delusional to think it wouldn’t. This is Blizzard ACTIVISION. The Hearthstone thing happened a little over a year ago.

2 Likes

well reputation isn’t all that big of a deal tbh and I think devs know this, you shouldn’t really pay attention to what some vultures on a screen say, his job is cemented on his ability to do the things he was hired to do which a lot of we don’t even know about, so rest easy, he’ll be fine

1 Like

Is it? The developers are clearly lost and don’t know the way around the game.

The pros, who have poured thousands of hours into the game, instead of choosing to help them, just endlessly mock them on Twitter. I think it’s pretty accurate.

1 Like

Remember folks: these same people vote… never forget that. It says a lot.

2 Likes

Well to be fair the game and general player interaction started to wane long before “we became entitled meanies”. Even when the dev’s seemed to respond more, it was usually empty answers and false promises. If you can’t trust anything they say I’d rather them be quite anyways.

6 Likes

and yet ironically, they talk to the subreddit about upcoming changes over us. I think they’re used to be berated by the forums, sure that doesnt mean it should happen but this is an internet forum, getting heated over topics that resonate within someone or a group of people is how it’s supposed to go

2 Likes

Here the thing about that, the pros USED to help. They USED to pour their heart and soul into providing feedback for the sake of improving the game. They quickly realized it was falling on deaf ears as more and more red flag balance patches got pushed live. Now they’re just frustrated because they see the cliff edge fast approaching for a game they love and the only way change course is for the dev team to acknowledge they have a problem that needs urgent fixing.

When fareeha vents frustrations on stream about the game, happened not that long ago, you know something is very wrong. She’s one of the most positive representatives the game could possibly have.

11 Likes

The only reason they post to redit is it has more exposure. They know their own forums are a joke, so heavily moderated and restricted no one really talks here.

these same pros have also constantly wanted to help the devs balance. but the developers dont care.

not entirely true, they have the stats, we don’t. They balance with what they have while also taking in some subjective points like something being unfun to play against. Thats why orisa got nerfed.
Not saying the community is lost, as many seem to know what they want, but ultimately, the developers have much more power and control as the workshop is still limited in what we can do with it in terms of balance.
Noh wasn’t completely out of the know, sure the first reply about powercreep came off scatterbrained as it wasn’t explained fully, but once he did, things at least make more sense

2 Likes