The support nerf train has started again

If Deathmatch was a year-round competitive mode, we would see less of these issues.

what on earth do you mean?
the rework trashed on an already weakened hero. she wasn’t THAT good right before the rework. you seem to have that confused with the brig of 2018.

the rework made her kit clash with itself and you’re going to call it broken? despite the fact that she was literally only nerfed and the only reason she’s seeing play is because people like you got moira and baptiste to be overnerfed?

brig is LITERALLY fine. supports are ALLOWED to be strong, and supports are ALLOWED to stay within the meta for over a week.

your complete hate for anything support is honestly sickening. she was broken. in 2018, and the very beginning of 2019. but after time, it was clear she wasn’t broken whatsoever.

15 Likes

Imagine thinking brig is broken in 2020 XD

6 Likes

omg i agree-
god honestly,
i genuinely cant believe that people believe samito when he has literally edited thumbnails and used misinformation to try to get supports nerfed.

people listen to ow youtubers way too much honestly.

3 Likes

shrugs It’s a problem of our own making(well and forced 2-2-2), if people hate the queues that much start learning a different role.

you dunno what broken means, so have a good day :slight_smile:

If a role is SO bad that we can’t get people to play it, maybe nerfing it isn’t a great plan.

1 Like

broken means bugged out, incredibly overpowered or incredibly underpowered. not broken means that the character is fine.

brig is fine.
i think you’re the one who doesn’t know what broken means

nope
but ill let you look it up :peach:

They have done way to much to Brig already. Time to give the poor girl a break.

1 Like

broken: having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order

wow!!!

and stop trying to argue what the definition of broken is because you KNOW you’re trying to claim brig is overpowered.

broken in the dictionary is NOT broken in the context of this game and you twisting my words and looking for little grammar errors in my paragraphs doesn’t change the fact you’re advocating for brig nerfs when she’s not “broken”

in gaming, broken is defined as: Broken -an unintended programming flaw in a game’s development, especially resulting in a move or character that unbalances the game , is uncounterable (or very nearly so), or is overpowered

so what i said, just minus the incredibly underpowered, but that can still be applied because it could be a sign of an unbalanced game.

brig does not fit either of the definitions.

2 Likes

I usually find you to be quite insightful, you’re acting like one of my kids right now.

“Come on sweetie, use your words”

I don’t like Brig so I don’t play her, so explain how she is broken as I don’t get it.

8 Likes

It’s true though or are you in denial ? ^^
Shortly after the rework everyone and their moms said that brig is now a throw pick and needs massive buffs in order to be anywhere near viable. Even violet playing 4 accounts to top 1 was not enough to convince you guys that brig is in fact very viable. Up until recently you could not play brig without getting reported every other match.

And now all of the sudden she is back to being “low skill ez auto win” … so which one is it ?? What do you guys even want ?

CS:GO is -> that way.

9 Likes

To be fair, the people who have said she is strong, are NOT the same people who have been saying she is weak.

I think she is strong, but shouldn’t be nerfed (yet), because she isn’t even meta. If people are going to nerf her, maybe they should nerf the heroes above her first.

After all, if she is OP, then they have to be even worse, and need nerfs more.

If the past two years hasn’t clearly demonstrated to you, especially through Goats, that having a class(or characters from that class) that’s brokenly strong DOESN’T suddenly make people want to play them, then I’m not sure what’ll change your mind.

People want to play their favorite characters and role, and for the most part outside of of OWL and GM, perceived strength of character/role isn’t going to change that.

Ps what role is “SO bad” currently?

Tanks, obviously. Armor nerfs would just push more people away from them.

Why tank, if you, well… can’t tank damage.

It is their job, and Armor is how they do it, because it is virtual health, which is healed faster.

Best of luck finding people who want to tank, AFTER you have nerfed their shields, and then renerfed their armor.

After a game of that, I would seriously, think, you know, I could be playing something else, and switch to another game for the night.

Every time a tank main does that, it impacts the DPS queue times.

You gotta let them play the game as well you know, they are not there to be your ult battery.

9 Likes

Broken can be used either way (Like Symmetra or double barrier)

3 Likes

Except the armor change didn’t REALLY affect tank health vs characters that actually see play*. It doesn’t change any breakpoints against burst heavy characters, won’t keep you from dying to wall/freeze, AND multiple tanks got a hp/armor increase to go with it(that was never reverted either btw).

All it did was make sustain damage characters even worse off, and they already had the deck stacked against them.

*the ONLY positive change I can see from it, is it gave tanks a small boost in the matchup vs Reaper. Not worth the issues that armor creates, and the same results could have been
achieved by lowering his per pellet damage by 1-2hp.

2 Likes

I suspect that burst damage heroes are next after the support nerfs are finished.

But, that was a better written response than I was expecting. Yes, sustained fire is currently bad, and armor made it worse, but, that is more that burst is just too damn strong right now.

So they are lowering healing so sustained fire will be better vs healing, and next up I expect burst damage will be nerfed down till sustained fire is running equal with it.

I think removing armor won’t happen, because I think this is what the balancing team is currently up to.

1 Like

But here lies the underlying issue.

Burst damage is already miles better for a multitude of reasons including: it applies quicker, it allows less reaction time, is often unhealable, and is uneffected by armor.

Points 1-3 are unlikely to ever change so long as 1 shots and combos are in the game, why is point 4 necessary on top of that?

Like a quarter of the game has armor, and Brig passes it out like candy. This isn’t a Pokémon game, why is it considered a net positive that a few (already on the weaker side) characters get their damage halved vs so many characters in the game?

My overlying point being that armor does less to to keep tanks alive, and more to unnecessarily keep sustain damage in the gutter. I personally, don’t think the trade off is worth it.