The "Sombra was picked in contenders so She must be fine" taken to a whole new level

You can have an opinion, but this is straight up lies. Sombra’s ProblemSSSSS were never because she never got favoured by any meta. They are real and remain unsolved to this day.

11 Likes

They backed out because they thought she was underpowered across the board, but then the pro players picked her up and had a ton of success with her.

He even said in the interview that they are reevaluating the changes, not pulling the plug. They will likely come, but with minor adjustments to make sure she isn’t broken at pro levels while buffing her in less coordinated settings.

5 Likes

Except then the pros said it was too difficult to get value out of her…

:thinking: Those buffs better be put back on the list damnit.

2 Likes

From what he said, they are still looking at the changes they can make but not make her overpowered in the pro level. Seems like a good idea to me.

1 Like

Seriously. Screw pros.

13 Likes

OWL “pros” really screwing us over, I been saying for months and you all said i was nuts.

11 Likes

I’m with you OP, they are absolutly Lost

3 Likes

They need to STOP caring so much about the pros and care much about the GAME. I’m all for a hero being balanced for everyone, but they are clearly saying to us “OK you plebs get a broken hero, if you want to get the tinyest bit of value out of her just get a perfectly coordinated team and be in top500 duh”.
And I just want to remind everyone we’re talking about contenders pros, So far in the world cup, in which several OWL pro players participate, we haven’t seen Sombra that much at all

6 Likes

The ladder meta is still firmly stuck in Deathball, something that goes directly against what benefits Sombra.

As someone who plays at the top of the ladder (where change hits first) I can definitely tell you Dive is coming back, something that absolutely benefits Sombra.

You want the community opinion? How about the opinions of the #1 Sombra streamer and the #1 Sombra in OWL:

The discussion about Sombra on this forum is a complete joke run by people who interpret their bad play as a balance issue.

Sombra is fine.

12 Likes

I agree with Sombra needing some sort of changes to make her more viable. I love Sombra and would love to be able to get more out of her.

But when they spend a crap ton of money to start and build OWL and the lower leagues, to think they won’t balance around it is silly. They will do what is needed to make it big and payoff.

I wish balance patches were quicker and bug fixes came faster. I am all for these but they do gotta balance between casual ladder play and high level pro play. It’s not easy I’m sure.

so 2 players are the community, good to know. a horrible fail attempt to make a point but good to know

10 Likes

I know I’m going to get reemed for having this particular opinion on these particular forums, but…

…good. They should be.

5 Likes

I’m willing to believe you, Fitzy, and Danteh (and not nitpick about the “community” being, er, 3 people), but I also don’t feel like ignoring Blizzard’s suite of data from every player, ever. The actual developer is telling us her cold hard stats are the same. I’m not one to slobber all over stats, but it’s something to think about.

1 Like

Fitzy Himself admitted that the changes were overall a NERF. He is talking about a “SLIGHT” nerf, but still a nerf. Idk what you’re talking about.
The meta shifting does help Sombra a bit but doesn’t make her fine by herself at all

3 Likes

i am sorry sombra hacked you and made your choice vulnerable for a limited period of time

I hope you can one day overcome this tragedy and live a productive life

2 Likes

In none of these tweets do they state or even imply that she is now fine. They just say that the current state of the game is better for her than last patch.

2 Likes

I mean, I can’t speak to her viability at high level play, but the community as a whole certainly hasn’t. If these sombra changes translate to the ladder, cool. You’re right. If not, then can you not see how that could seem like a slap in the face?

3 Likes

It’s almost like the forum Sombra community is making the exact same arguments Silver players make about Symmetra, Torbjorn and Bastion being OP.

It isn’t Blizzard’s fault if you can’t play Sombra properly.

Could she get a visual upgrade on Hacked targets? Absolutely. That’s probably what the QoL changes mentioned in the Korean Fan thing are going to be.

But she doesn’t need a damage threshold on Hack or any kind of increase in her overall damage.

1 Like

Tier 2 - Tier 4 pro play no less. Haven’t seen her used in the World cup much, only contenders. And even then, Danteh said that the changes didn’t really improve her so you know…

Tier 1 pros and ladder just have to suffer I guess.

This was not very nice thing to say, and people are not going to listen you because you just practically insulted them.

I agree that Sombra is not in entirely terrible spot, and she’s somewhat viable in highest level of play, but it is very obvious that she needs help, especially to make her less of a troll pick on levels below masters, where most people play.

4 Likes