The "Sombra was picked in contenders so She must be fine" taken to a whole new level

In none of these tweets do they state or even imply that she is now fine. They just say that the current state of the game is better for her than last patch.

2 Likes

I mean, I can’t speak to her viability at high level play, but the community as a whole certainly hasn’t. If these sombra changes translate to the ladder, cool. You’re right. If not, then can you not see how that could seem like a slap in the face?

3 Likes

It’s almost like the forum Sombra community is making the exact same arguments Silver players make about Symmetra, Torbjorn and Bastion being OP.

It isn’t Blizzard’s fault if you can’t play Sombra properly.

Could she get a visual upgrade on Hacked targets? Absolutely. That’s probably what the QoL changes mentioned in the Korean Fan thing are going to be.

But she doesn’t need a damage threshold on Hack or any kind of increase in her overall damage.

1 Like

Tier 2 - Tier 4 pro play no less. Haven’t seen her used in the World cup much, only contenders. And even then, Danteh said that the changes didn’t really improve her so you know

Tier 1 pros and ladder just have to suffer I guess.

This was not very nice thing to say, and people are not going to listen you because you just practically insulted them.

I agree that Sombra is not in entirely terrible spot, and she’s somewhat viable in highest level of play, but it is very obvious that she needs help, especially to make her less of a troll pick on levels below masters, where most people play.

4 Likes

please inform me how to play Sombra correctly since Blizzard doesn’t even seem to know how she is to be played, oh great all knowing one

I want an answer of the absolute correct way to play sombra since you seem to know so much

7 Likes

I mean, I think basically everyone is kinda on the same page in terms of suggestions. Most of us just want qol stuff lol

1 Like

Not gonna lie, you may be picking a fight with the wrong dude on this one.

1 Like

Both sides are represented fairly equally, come on now.
For me the issue is, if I play so badly, why can I play other heroes just as badly (if not worse) but still win much more easily?

2 Likes

In ladder, I totally agree. Scouting isn’t that valuable in ladder.

However, in an organized context that’s is totally different. Elk, (a Main Support for Fusion University) said the increase in Sombra’s play was mostly the meta but partly the changes.

Fitzy doesn’t play in that pro context, so I don’t think his opinion on the changes in a ladder context are entirely relevant.

Considering the first two are responding to the claim that the changes made her OP, I think it’s fair to say she is fine.

1 Like

If you listen to the entire portion, he literally says “We’re still working on that, there’s still room to improve.”

In other words

They’re not just giving up on Sombra because she got some contenders playtime. That playtime is just making them realize they need to be careful with how to treat her.

I have to do something like this any time the devs do an interview. It’s amazing how people will take 1 line out of context and complain how horrible they are.

not going to lie, don’t care.

If he knows so much then he needs to prove it or sit down

Considering Jayne, the coach of Team Canada, was surprised by that and he tried to cover up strats by not running Sombra in the Australia showmatch (this was leaked on S4’s stream) that’s likely to change.

Not to mention Danteh (probably the best Sombra in OWL) thinks Sombra is good atm.

No thats not fair to say, thats just your opinion.

Well, the game is
mostly on ladder, right? Doesn’t that seem problematic?

1 Like

The meta has and always will be the same meta

Sitting at around 50 hours of Sombra before the changes and about 10 - 20 now, my impact hasn’t really changed.
Which is a horrible sign seeing as she’s bordering on f-tier.

But if you want less anecdotal evidence, Blizzard have stated before that the stats haven’t changed much. She’s still not great in ladder, so while I agree that the pros need to be catered to as well, the game is nothing without an active playerbase. Most of which are between silver - plat.

1 Like

I can’t explain how to play Sombra in a forum post.

I can tell you I play Sombra in GM/Top 500 with a good winrate.

1 Like

okay i will give you my email and you can write out a detailed explaination of how to play sombra, okay?

Sorry, I meant it’s fair to say they think she is fine.