The Sombra changes seems to be a massive nerf

Hi, sorry if My english is not really good it’s not my native language !
So My name Is Tokyo and I am a high rated sombra player, I finished top 500 in season 7 As sombra and I use to play my Sombra super aggresivly
I give you here my stats to understand (I can’t put link) so check at Design#21162 on overbuff (I think My profile is defaulty hidden and I forgot to remove it)
So I am not playing Sombra like Fitzyhere who has a really passive and annoying playstyle (in the good sens of the therm) to the ennemie team but more like codey because My tracking allow me to do that
I create a Sombra only account (this is this one but I gave up after my peak at 4500sr because I started to practice genji) this season named Design who peaked at rank 1 on overbuff and I used to have my tokyo account at rank 1 sombra during season 6-7-8

If I am telling you all of this it’s to give you the evidence that I am legitimatly speaking for the good of Sombra because she is my favorite character and I have more than 1000h on her (if you add all my accounts)

So why is this a nerf to my opinion ?

1. Sombra stealth and Translocator is currently really good and don’t need a buff
    SInce the 20s Update on the translocator duration, I almost never had a lake of time to do what I wanted in the opportunity time.
    Thooses changes acutally nerf the contesting side of Sombra (she ll be less usefull on 2cp)
    the more you stay invisible (and with the no contest option now) the less you are efficient because being invisible is the way to go in the ennemi backline or on a certain position that you couldn’t go in normal “rules”
    with the -25% speed on the stealth, she lost almost every god (not good) flankroad sombra main’s know like the one on hanamura first point
    and with this -25% speed sombra ll become slower in general because you ll not be as reactive as before to get a good position fast and you ll have to stay more invisible to reach the destination (or location not sure of the word) you want

2. Hack and offensive capacity was the sombra problem
    Sombra hack is currently weird to play because you have the 2 second cooldown, but I think He is in a ok- phase atm
    but sombra is supposed to be an offensive hero and it’s the only one that have only one way to do damages (if we don’t count shield remove with emp) but I think she is like ok but a bit under (maybe a 1.5–>1s reload would be great)

I know it’s really hard to balance sombra because she can become OP really fast (like If you boost another time the main weapon she ll destroy zen) but the way dev are taking is not the good, I have a lot of idea that could be really great if they manage to balance them well like

-cloacking/decloacking speed is decrease
-sombra has now an upgrade when she use emp, for 6 seconds she get "perforation " on her weapon that allow her to do normal damage on armor
and then she could be in a good state

I thank you so much to take the time to read, please don’t downvote if you think I am saying wrong things and you are not playing sombra frequently

32 Likes

Theyre a nerf

Whats the point of being invisible if you cant get value when you get out of it

8 Likes

this is exactly what I mean !
the more u are invisible the longer your team is 5v6

9 Likes

top 500 are good with any hero, even the weak heroes. obviously this changes are nothing for you

that’s false I drop from 4500 to 4200 playing genji

1 Like

4200 is a massive high SR

pretty sure that’s just hints of her buffs

they might buff other areas as well we don’t know yet

2 Likes

Your English was very good actually!

I agree entirely with your post, very well made!

1 Like

It is.
Blizz is either extremely incompetent or they’re set on not making sombra even close to viable.
Simple as that.
No way you go through TWO ENTIRE YEARS of buffing anything but her damage and self reliance and wonder why she’s not seeing play.

Blizz, you want sombra to be better?
Make hack more noticeable, increase her damage towards hacked targets.
This change DOES ABSOLUBTELY NOTHING while removing some of the few good things of her original kit.

7 Likes

thx dude ! aprecciate it

Here you go.

2 Likes

babyrage :’( ! I am mad

2 Likes

l like them so far… I don’t like the reduction in speed as I am so use to the speed as of right now, but infinite Stealth is really good as she can go in and out as she please. I think…

4 Likes

I think they should make hack an aiming ability like a quick purple beam that you can miss with in exchange for it being instant and obviously they should do something about her weak primary fire that can be out damaged by a mercy pistol, also they should sugar skulls above the enemy’s head the same way health packs do and they can even have a timer so you know exactly when the effects stop.

Yeah because the super easy to hit tank mains weren’t crying enough…

I have 100 hours on Sombra, and I have to agree that this sounds like the wrong changes.

I think the far majority of Sombra players were hoping she would turn more movement based by making her movement abilities faster, but this seem to be the complete opposite. Sombra is fun to play when you play her fast and aggressively in combat, not when you run around in Stealth out of combat.

7 Likes

I agree with this only.

There are a ton of benefits!

There’s no pressure of having to rush from spawn to behind the enemy lines and have about 5seconds to tell your team where the enemies are.

You can easily and more effectively scout; which they noted was one of the main play styles of sombra - scout/assassin.

You also get to have more control on who you’re going to attack when out of stealth and when you actually pop out of stealth.

The only benefit from stealth wasn’t just to contest the point.

People cry about everything, what do you want me to do about it, ether way i main characters that hack affects greatly like tracer d.va and lucio, also they can counter it exactly the same as before with their shield.

1 Like

Fair enough.

(20 characters bla bla)

1 Like