The Silent Reinhardt nerf

Jump Shielding and Swinging out of your shield are the most noticable

Everyone go to the Bug Section and create your own topic/post about this new Reinhardt bug. We must not let it pass silently.

3 Likes

I haven’t actually played Rein today. God damn it dude… I’m so sick of this :frowning:

6 Likes

I guess they really do want us to go triple tank dive, nerfing reinhardt and zarya… Why?

1 Like

Tested with Brig. They made her barrier deploy behave almost identically. She just has faster deploy times.

As with most animation cancel changes, this is probably permanent.

PTR or live?
I didn’t notice anything on live at first glance.

It’s currently live.

I’m getting really tired of this.
Every patch Reinhardt gets worse and worse.
They manage to introduce more bugs and break stuff with him than any other hero.

Trying to swing after holding your shield is so slow, it’s unplayable.

11 Likes

Needs attention, I hope this is filed in Bug Reports.

2 Likes

I can see this being the nail in the coffin. not being able to swing quickly out of shield, no jump speedups with canceling shield, and firestrike being slower out of a swing too? To hell with that.

#Revert1.26Rein

2 Likes

Firestrike is not slower out of swing. Firestrike has always had priority and animation canceled all attacks. It still does.

Rein deserve a real nerf like a damage reduction on his mele to 60 instead of 75. This hero is absolutely BROKEN in mele range and his ult charge rate is extremely high.

This lolnerf is nothing

Uh…

Are you okay?

1 Like

Something seriously feels off about it. I could be wrong but it honestly feels slower.

I think that’s just the effects of the barrier and swing being changed. Firestrike seems to be the same, but the changes to the other abilities makes it feel like more is wrong.

If you’re used to doing Barrier > Swing > Firestrike (just after Swing hits), that’s the only thing that would be slower, because the Swing is slower. The slower Swing means that your timing for Firestrike is no longer the same.

Firestrike in and of itself still seems completely the same.

The ones who did believe are perma banned from the forum.

1 Like

This just seems like the Widow scope animation cancel nerf from June 2016. The reasoning for it is identical to the scope-nerf. You get a movement bump out of doing the animation cancel, therefore all Rein’s who user the cancel are playing “correctly” and all Reins who don’t use the cancel are playing “incorrectly”.

Even feels the same too;

• You must wait for a barrier to completely undeploy before you can deploy again
  • You can’t attack until after the barrier has fully undeployed.

And just like Widow and Ana, where Ana’s scope timers were faster that it was almost negligible, the same is happening for Rein and Brig. Brig’s deploy/undeploy are so fast that it doesn’t really affect her.

Ok, before we do that we have a look at Orisa’s completely OP state noone talks about. Her shield though stationary has way too much uptime and for a tank she is dishing out way too much damage. Either excellent shield OR excellent damage at any range. Currently she has both and can use it simultaneously, while Rein has to drop his shield to do ANYTHING. No self heal like Hog, no damage reduction like Orisa. Just a giant hitbox lethal at relatively close range. That’s called “balance”.

1 Like

I don’t play Reinhardt so i didn’t know but this sounds absolutely awful.

BLIZZARD! speak up about this on wether it’s a bug or a terrible choice because there definitely isn’t a third option between those two.

You need good mechanical-skills with Orisa to make her usable. Is not as simple PRESS MELE button on BRAIN-DEAD mode and HOLD right CLICK in auto-pilot

Orisa is a hero need GAMESENSE and MECHANICAL-SKILLS
Rein only need GAMESENSE and zero mechanical-skills he is a ONE-STAR hero