The rework was about removing mass rez

It’s not coming back. Stop saying Blizzard never said they aren’t going to bring back Mass Rez.

There’s no reason to keep trying to persuade players to believe this. It’s not true.

26 Likes

Mass rez influenced Mercys to not heal their team so they could get that saucy 5-man rez, but instead ended up with maybe a 2 or 3-man rez. No way are they bringing it back.

16 Likes

Mass rez WAS fine during OW 1.0, the very beginning. That was the only time it was fine, and only because the game was specifically balanced around it. After Roadhog got nerfed to the ground, Bastion lost headshots in turret form, and other early nerfs, it destroyed the game’s balance.

Essentially, nerfing hard mercy rez counters like old roadhog and old bastion caused her to run around without any way to stop her in time. The reason roadhog and bastion were nerfed was due to people complaining on the forums, many of them mercy mains. Those mercy mains have themselves to thank for ruining balance and making her ult go away. It’s karma really.

6 Likes

“The rework was about removing mass rez”

Actually, the rework was about making Mercy “more fun to play against” and to remove hiding as an effective strategy… the latter of which was already the case, and is now contradicted with the introduction of Valkyrie, sooo…

The rework was about two goals that were not dependent upon the removal of mass-rez. One is a double standard and, quite frankly, an idiotic goal in a PvP game. The other was already accomplished, but was propped up by an exploitable SR system… and then contradicted by their own changes.

I will believe it when I am told by a reputable source that this is the case.

I will. Once they actually decide to say that they won’t bring back mass-rez.

46 Likes

A small minority did this. The rest of us used Resurrect the way it was intended, to bring back your allies to help keep the fight in your favour, instead of using it to inflate SR (which they already fixed pre rework).

25 Likes

Mercy mains can’t live without their hero being #1 and broken.

5 Likes

Season 3 Mercy mains say hello!

22 Likes

You say this, but Mercy was D-teir in season 5.

15 Likes

Hello Sprinkles…Buddy pall. Hows it going. Time to lay down some hard facts about life, or i can cut to the chase:

3 Likes

Hello! Waves frantically

2 Likes

time to see how this turns out

14 Likes

Not true. 99% did this. Every mercy would constantly tell the team to die on point while she hid during every teamfight, only healing to get rez back and have her team die again. Stop lying and claiming it wasn’t something you and all the others did. You all did it trying to get boosted.

1 Like

Nice statistics you have there. Did you get them from Overbuff?

6 Likes

I’ve never been boosted. :frowning:

Also to back this up even more.

“I would like to put the notion that Mercy will be reverted to rest.”

Nothing about, Mass Rez is a scrapped ultimate is even in that line either. Don’t say it will never ever make an appearance. They just said they are moving forward. For all we know they could be working on an engaging Mass Rez Mercy rework for all you know.

7 Likes

So… you have never actually played during the time before the Rework it seems…
Or you’re trying to counter a truth with a lie.
Any proof to actually back it up m8?

4 Likes

It was only fine then in the sense that Mercy was underpowered so you were putting yourself at a disadvantage to have it available.

I mean… it says a lot when Overwatch has 3 healers, 2-2-2 was meta, and Mercy was not, everyone ran Lucio/Zen

7 Likes

Did you get yours from overbuff? Btw, the majority of users never used overbuff or other stat sites, which requires a player to look themselves up to be recorded. They’re nearly useless now due to private profiles as well, so even mentioning overbuff shows how little you understand.

78,8% of all anecdotal statistics on forums are made up.

8 Likes

Zen was really bad back then until he got buffs. He was a troll pick back in the day. Mercy never was. She was basically the only primary healer for most of this game’s lifecycle. Lucio was used for speed boost.