The rework was about removing mass rez

The irony is perfect bunny :laughing:

3 Likes

big gulp

Season 3?!

3 Likes

Never forget the decimal James, marketing people have taught me it adds credibility.

Also, I totally have a PhD in forums statistics. You can trust me.

5 Likes

Mercy players wanting her old ult back were just boosted players that lost all their rank after their gravy train stopped. That’s all it is. The best Mercy players say she’s better now, including Eeveea. Maybe git gud like her?

Fun fact jack. I never knew about the boosting situation until the rework was announced. Also, i never hid and rezed. Its called strategy. You keep track of all the ults that have been used at time during the match. When you feel a enemy ult is incoming you switch your focus to 1 of 2 things:

1. Ally that has a ult/can block said ult
    With this allies like Reinhardt are the best choice. With their shatter it can stop most ults safely. So focus healing on him until the fight passes. Ult if needed

2. Go to the person hanging in the back, but stay in battle
    This is what people think counts as hiding. The Mercy shifts her main focus on the back line instead of the front line. This is to make sure she is a safe distance away from the ults that are coming in, but still is helping in that fight. If during that said fight someone else needs healing do so from distance. When enough fall in the fight (around 3 or more) use ult

Hide and rez was usually confused by other players with tunnle vision not paying attention where they should. I have standed in from of many things that should have killed me, but then the continue to ignore me as if they didn’t see me. It happens a lot back then because nobody saw her as a threat. Now its called Hide and Rez. Yes some did it, but you do not have statistics to back up 99% did this and claiming so makes your entire stament false.

3 Likes

It’s clearly a hyperbole.
It wasn’t uncommon at all for the Mercy to hide and tell everyone to die on the point.

Happened pretty much every time we had a Mercy in S5, a season where I played across 3 different ranks for around 120h in total.

1 Like

When you make up your own reasons for the Mercy rework to make up for past failures at proving that mass Resurrect won’t come back. :smirk:

Never said she isn’t better now. In fact, we’ve been saying for an entire year now that Rez on a static cooldown is too powerful. Just goes to show how much of our feedback you read before judging and insulting us.

10 Likes

ONE season? lol!! Also, that was only in Triple Tank comp, which the comp ladder did not run much at all, so none of you ever were out of any meta you played in. Oh, and it was destroyed almost as soon as it began with Ana, Lucio, and hog nerfs making them all F Tier.

Mercy was always a must pick on the ladder. Try again. You weren’t around obviously, so maybe dont pretend you know anything about that time period, regardless of what others told you.

What? It was not mostly Mercy players that complained about Hog, it was mostly dps that kept getting Hog to low health only to be killed by a one shot. They wanted baiting the hook to mean more.

Nobody complained about Bastion except for bronze and silvers, of any hero.

1 Like

I proved you wrong. Season 3 was three months long, not exactly a one week wonder.

9 Likes

You just admitted to being guilty of the exact scenario of why they changed Mercy.

Jeff never said hide and rez was the problem specifically. He said her ultimate promoted a playstyle where Mercy players would intentionally let team mates die rather than healing them so they could rez them all back.

They didnt want you leaving your tanks yo die while you fell back to damage boost widow in the back.

Man i love how kind and rational you are being as a human being on the internet. Saying such nice things to your fellow forum posters as if they are your equal. Not at all letting one simple thing cloud your mind.

Wait…where did i say i hide away from my teammates
What i said…And i know its hard to read

Lucio Zenyatta Winston Dva Tracer Genji

WAS THE COMPOSITION FOR 3 MONTHS DOESN’T ANYONE REMEMBER THAT.

2 Likes

To get back to the original point of the thread before Dan’s ad hominem nonsense, the OP is quite correct that the Mercy rework was made to get rid of Mass Rez as an ability. We can disagree about whether it was a good idea or whether the reasoning behind it made sense (I would say the answer to both is no), but I think they’ve been pretty clear about their goal.

As a flex player, I have around 90 hours on Mercy and only achieved a five man rez 1-3 times. Because, like most people who used to play Mercy, I was trying to keep my team alive.

2 Likes

Alright since you wanna be condescending, let me spell it out for you in simple terms cuz you lack basic comprehension.

Mercy is supposed to be on the frontlines. Mercy is supposed to be in the thick of the fight. Mercy is not supposed to be on the backline waiting for people to die. Moving away from the fight so you could get more value out of mass rez went against what they want Mercy to be. Which is what you were doing. Not about hiding, if you’ve grasped that point yet.

Hm.

That’s funny.

Season 4 I was… GM. Season 5 I was… GM. Season 6, in which I never played competitive until the rework went live, I was… GM.

And then I never played again after that. Mercy wasn’t fun anymore.

2 Likes

How cute dear sir…Thats situation 1 and that happens from time to time. I’m sorry if you want Mercy to be shot down first instead of stratigizing in fight to know what best. Support front lines, or back lines.

Sorry if we need to be the bullet shield on the front lines, and cant plan actions accordingly