The Reaper rework

Mine wasn’t good enough? ;-;
(Jk)

I’m a Bastion player… why am i even so concerned with reaper. lul.

Because you can have other interest than your main ?

Eh, the trail was about adding in a nearly unseen effect… (Not red outlined) Just an “If you are close, you see it” Kind of thing.

Like Sombra’s line leading off to where she came from, but… VERY Hard to see.
(Or not at all… i’m just trying to get artsy here.)

Now i know you are joking. :wink::ok_hand:

(The enemy have a Genji)

well i really liked the idea of the smoke bomb people suggested back in the day for his ‘E’ ability.

But then again if he has to have it then he looses the vertical mobility as wraith is not capable of doing it.

For reference, my original intention was to mimic this effect:

But be playable.

“Fading” around the map.
(But less obviously)

And also a teleport.
With a lock on, targeting system like he has now.

yeah it would be nice if they give wraith vertical mobility actually and give something else like the smoke bomb for his ‘E’

That way wraith also can serve the purpose of shadow step.

1 Like

Hmm… now the last part you said there…
(Doesn’t quote it because reasons.)

Now that’s interesting.

Mixing the two abilities.

cough cough

cough

What?

As a Reaper player I can tell that this would be a colossal nerf

Again, another colossal nerf.

Could you explain me why ?
I would love to improve on it!

Reaper’s Wraith is perfectly fine.

The issue with shadowstep is that it is difficult to use to either escape a fight or enter a fight. This is because Reaper is vulnerable while casting it and while transporting. He doesn’t need to be good at both, but it really inconveniences him to not even be good at one.

This could either be done be making it faster to cast and therefore make it better for escaping, or reducing/eliminating the period where he’s vulnerable where he appears if you wanted to make it an ability for entering fights (this is how Symmetra’s teleporter works).

I would even be open to removing shadowstep in favor of something like smokescreen or an alternative fire mode.

It’s useful on occasion, but given how anemic Reaper’s kit is he really can’t afford to have a very situational ability.

Alternatively, if for whatever reason the developer’s don’t want to change shadowstep, I suggest that Reaper have his sjotgund changed so he does headshot damage per pellet.

So if two pellets hit the head then only those two shots are counted as headshots. Right now there is RNG at play that makes it luck based, I.E. getting more pellets to hit increases your chances of getting a headshot, but it’s not a sure thing. This is noticeable outside of melee range where you can sometimes see pellets hitting the head, but none of them giving headshots.

1 Like

Interesting…
My issue when changing shadow step is not making it an unavoidable “use and kill” ability. (Like wraith form is at lower ranks… Well plat and below.)

Maybe increasing the cooldown and making it near instant …?
I still fear It’d be unfun :confused:

Translocator and recall are already in the game as well as rocker punch and dash which are used as escapes.

1 Like

Huh…
Good points.

But the TPs cannot be used as escapes.
And the dashes leave the player vulnerable.

Reaper would have both a very good engage and a very good escape :confused:

Tracer already has that, but I digress.

If they replaced shadowstep with another ability it would be a moot point.

Tracer doesn’t have Reaper’s self sustain, tho

She doesn’t need it since recall gives her effectively 300 hp

1 Like