The problem(s) with this community

Well, you are right suprisingly.

I mean… I think it’s pretty good to leave vc if your team only talks salt bs and you want to take a break of them cuz they’re only fighting so you have no strategy or coordination which leaves you with no team and the match is already lost sooo. Yeah I did it once playing ana healing them like if it was qp and chatting with the other team. I had fun which is the purpose of the game and I felt good. After a while I came back to vc and they calmed down sooo. I think it was worth it

1 Like

I haven’t read the rest of the thread yet, but wanted to comment on the OP.

This made me remember the game I had last night in Mystery heroes where a guy on my team went into match chat saying how he was carrying all of us losers…

I turn to look at him… and there he is with his pistol out as mercy going around shooting at stuff… and then dove onto the point alone with his pistol.

I damage boosted him (as I was mercy myself) and was like… heck… if he is our big carry, I better support him.

Then he dives onto the point alone against the whole enemy team and I’m like… wth dude.

After the loss 0-2 on Nepal… he goes into bashing the team in match chat.

All I responded with was… “says the battle mercy”… which shut him up. lol

Some people are delusional. But communication is the key.

You have a lot of great points OP, but the part I can’t agree with is that it is their toxicity that is causing you to derank. You can help control your play environment.

If you can’t work out what mr toxicpants wants out of the game and try to bridge that into your play… then you have hit the wall in your ability to climb.

You either need to get better so that you can overcome people just putting in half effort… or you need to work on your communication to be the leader for your game and take their comments and build a team strat around it to plug the wholes in your team game.

These comments don’t happen when people are playing badly, but your still winning. So find a way to win.

Or if it is a lost cause, mute them. But I have belief that every game is salvagable even in the face of verbal toxicity.

so you think Seagull is wrong then? Seagull wants a scoreboard, are you going to tell him he doesn’t need on also?

Public figures aren’t infallible or immune to critical analysis.

Nobody needs to tell Seagull that he doesn’t need a scoreboard, it’s glaringly apparent that he doesn’t need one because he climbs just fine. :laughing:

2 Likes

did you not hear him ask for one?

So what? I don’t hero worship or name drop, and I can formulate an argument myself without relying on out-of-context soundbites to make appeals to authority.

1 Like

negative. you guys give these awesome example of how useless a scoreboard would be and I just imagine you guys saying the same thing to Seagull. It paints a surreal picture.

Seagull doesn’t know how the ladder is for 99% of the people.

oh yes, I have seen the light

What are you negating?

I agree! A scoreboard without context is not only worthless, it’s harmful to the lower ranks that don’t understand how to interpret it.

I’d love to have a conversation with Seagull, he’s an interesting fellow. That’s why I follow him on Twitch.

this is an elitist attitude

Perhaps, but the only thing that matters is whether or not it’s correct.

I believe even a 9 year old could discern much info from a scoreboard, even if he gets a lot wrong.

And the real question is, what does he want. Do gooders who do harm.

furthermore, there would be info on the net teaching him how to look at the scoreboard. it’s just a matter of time, just you want and see :slight_smile:

its true, but lets be honnest - this game lack on players who willing play support\tank and even if they play bad - what you can do as dps player? Will you replace they role? I dont mean directly you, but everyone.

ive meet only dps who want pocket healer, but i never care more then i should about saving them. And here againg players who bully healer so rare.

i would even say - nowadays games result based not on skill and not on teamplay but attitude of players in team. Mostly player throw game even if battle goes slitly wrong direction and here we go -toxic, mad player who trollpick or just dont even try.

players mostly follow meta or famous streamers words and repeat it all the time. There is almost no players who try get clue why something bad and when. Imho all thos “wise” advises exist only for top tier players and not for casual or tryhard players.

I want add also:
Game based about picks and communication - teamplay very important and still all stay silent at voice chat. This game misunderstood by players in core it self. Your rating is represent how you behave on team, not how cool you shoot and kill. Communications\counterpicks\mechanic skills etc - all lead to win. And what most of players forget, no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.

Is it elitist? Maybe.

Is it true, though? Absolutely.

1 Like

you can’t say what’s best for other people. if someone wants a scoreboard, I say give it to 'em

(That’s because you want a scoreboard and are biased)

1 Like

if someone wants anything, I say give it to them, unless it’s something you own. you think you have a duty to prevent people from harming themselves, and I think they would be better off without you meddling in their affairs, whether it be a scoreboard or anything else

I don’t get the impression he believes that at all. He can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he (and I, and countless other detractors to the idea of adding a scoreboard) are trying to protect other people from those who would incorrectly interpret a scoreboard and use it as a justification to attack teammates.

You, for example, have repeatedly stated that you would use a scoreboard exactly for that.