The problem(s) with this community

Most people here will think “Who this, stop crying baby”. Well I’m the guy who keeps getting deranked because of the problems I’m about to talk about.

1. The “we’re not killing stuff switch off dps”: DPS is not always the reason the team is not killing the other. The DPS are probably lacking protection from you tanks and healers, so check that before calling bs.
  2. The “I’ll carry you so let me dps”: you’re not god damn magic and this is a team game. Stop being toxic and maybe people will want to tank/heal for you.
  3. The “my team sucks I’ll leave vc”: You’re the one weighing down you team with this mentality and should instead try to work towards winning instead of throwing like a tard.
  4. The “you main X hero therefore you suck”: Maybe if you’d try to see what that person is capable of you wouldn’t cry so much about being a dumbass.
5 Likes

Let’s not forget the “everyone else needs to stop doing x because it’s keeping me from climbing, not that I need to improve my own game” type…

8 Likes

It’s weird because whenever people aren’t the most toxic they can be, I actually win. Wonder why.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re saying here - seems like you’re being passive-aggressive but maybe I’m just misunderstanding. Can you explain a bit more clearly?

I had my hopes up. I thought this was a thread breaking down how the community is garbage and not the game (though it does have a few flaws), but this is yet another f*ck everyone that I play with post and everyone in my elo wants me to derank. Every single competitive game is just a “see who I can blame for literally anything” jerk off contest and then the 1/10 games you get that ACTUALY have said throwers suddenly the system is rigged. This game is not deserving of this community at all, I can only tolerate comp with my friends since we can have fun together playing comp and just seeing how we well we do as a group instead of get mad at every minor inconvenience.

1 Like

a scoreboard will solve this problem. DPS need a 2:1 k/d ratio at a minimum, and if you see they have a 3:1 k/d ratio, you would know that the blame should not be placed on them.

The KD ratio is important, because it’s fine if they’re not getting the kills, but at least they are escaping every time when they get into trouble.

1 Like

Not having a way to blame teammates for losing a match isn’t a problem, people already do that - generally they use medals. A scoreboard won’t provide any kind of context so it would just clutter the UI and give toxic people more ammunition to blame their teammates. They should work on improving their own game, just like everyone who climbs does.

Terrible idea that would degrade the experience even further, solves no problems, and only causes more problems.

3 Likes

these are not crossverifiable

A scoreboard won’t provide any kind of context so it would just clutter the UI and give toxic people more ammunition to blame their teammates. They should work on improving their own game, just like everyone who climbs does.

A scoreboard would degrade the experience even further, solves no problems, and only causes more problems. We need to clean up the Overwatch community, not make it even more toxic. I get it, some people just want to blame other people for their failures - but that mentality is what keeps them in the gutter.

sure it will, Seagull thinks it will and even surefore wants percentage of healing amoung tanks to be on a scoreboard. I’m not gonna argue with those guys, but you can if you’d like.

Search “saltiest man on Rust” on youtube, I find this banter delightful and hilarious. I wish overwatch comms had a little more grit to them.

how can you say such things about surefore and seagull??

i literally get up on weekends at 9 am to play, just to get thrown down by comp im so done its to the point were this game is nothing to me, i solo queue to 3200 and drop to 2700 because of throwers leavers one tricks etc. this game also takes no skill about 7 heroes take skill other all u do is press shift e and q and your good so honestly i’m done

You keep namedropping Surefour, but you don’t even know how to spell his name. Surefour and Seagull don’t have any trouble climbing and they understand how the game works - and I’d bet you $100 that they don’t blame their teammates for their failures and wouldn’t use a scoreboard in-game to blame their teammates like you’ve repeatedly said you would.

A scoreboard won’t provide any kind of context so it would just clutter the UI and give toxic people more ammunition to blame their teammates. They should work on improving their own game, just like everyone who climbs does.

A scoreboard would degrade the experience even further, solves no problems, and only causes more problems. We need to clean up the Overwatch community, not make it even more toxic. I get it, some people just want to blame other people for their failures - but that mentality is what keeps them in the gutter.

1 Like

let me be on their team, I bet they’d blame me, they wouldn’t need a scoreboard to know I was trash

why does seagull want a scoreboar if he doenst’ ened one?

I heard you the first time. I’d like to listen to you and seaugel discus s a scorboard

Why do you think a scoreboard will make things worse? Pretty much every single other competitive game has a scoreboard with less or equal toxicity.

It seems like there are a ton of people who don’t want to be held accountable for their lack of performance. In most situations people have an inflated idea of how much they are contributing to their games, and to see that they are wrong would hurt their fragile ego.

I would love to see if I am pulling my weight. Where I am underperforming, and I would happily switch if I saw that I was not contributing in my current role. Then again, I am completely okay knowing that if I was better at the game I would climb and that it’s no ones fault but my own that I am hard stuck in gold.

2 Likes

bingo bango

this is the biggest problem. it’s tough to make a scoreboard for a game with mid game hero switching. We gotta all chip in and help the devs come up with ideas.

The only thing we have to go off of currently is medals - when was the last time you heard a teammate use medals for anything other than blaming teammates?

More important, and to your argument that many competitive games have a scoreboard, Overwatch is not most other competitive games. It’s not a FPS where every player can frag out and carry. A scoreboard can not provide context, which is why Jeff Kaplan said they won’t add one. A scoreboard will never tell the story of why your Reinhardt who charges in and swings his hammer until he dies has more kills per death than the Hanzo who got focused down without a shield. A scoreboard will never tell the story of why Mercy has less healing than the Flankhog who never blocked for his back line. A scoreboard will never tell the story of why your Tracer doesn’t have a high K/D ratio when she kept half the enemy team chasing her, leaving the rest of your team to clean up easy 5v3s and 5v4s.

2 Likes

bad analogy, medals are not cross verifiable

Except TF2 is essentially the same game with similar issues of context and there is/was less toxicity there. Medals provide more ambiguity and less context and lead to more toxicity.

2 Likes

False. Any hero in TF2, even the Medic, can frag out and carry.

I have thousands of hours in TF2, and almost any support in this game can frag out as well. Mercy is the exception. You’re making weak arguments and don’t notice any of the flaws of the medal system. It’s substantially worse and provides much less context than a full scoreboard would.

1 Like