The Pink Mercy Skin

This skin has caused a two sided argument, one side would be mad if it got brought back others want it, yet the skin was offered due to charity so please tell me why are you upset about if it came back because to me you only wanted the skin if you argue over it comeing back donating to a cause is what matters if the same skin was offered so what get off your high horse. Its about saving lives not an object

11 Likes

Yeah except you donā€™t want it to save lives, you want it because you think itā€™s pretty. If you just wanted to save lives, youā€™d make a donation to a breast cancer charity without a skin as a reward. But you only want to make the donation if you can get a skin out of it.

For the record, I donā€™t care if they bring it back or not.

But donā€™t pretend you want it ā€˜FOR THE SAVING OF THE LIVESā€™, because you can make a donation at any time, you just wonā€™t get a skin out of it.

77 Likes

Imho I see nothing wrong with bringing it back

More people get the skin and the charity gets more money, its a win win

15 Likes

This.

Sure, it is selfish to not wish this skin to be available to others who donā€™t have it, but it is also pretty greedy to want this skin and pretending to you want the event to return out of goodness of your heart.

Both are terrible

If you truly care for the cause, then you would donate right now and not expect anything for in return.

Just be honest and say you want the skin instead of feigning good will.

Also, I would be fine if it returns, but I think it would make more sense to have a new skin for a different character to raise more money instead of trying to sell an old skin that a good portion already has. This, or release one alongside it

13 Likes

You know nothing of the donations of the people who want the skin. Itā€™s just a malicious assumption people put on everyone who wants the skin, when itā€™s the minority of requesters. Most of them want the skin AND to donate. They arenā€™t mutually exclusive behavior.

8 Likes

Yeah its unfortunate but down to our nature, humans are selfish beings. But hey, blizzard realized that and tied a skin to it, and that made more money for a good cause :blue_heart:

I frankly am indifferent to the event returning someday (would be cool if it did, if it doesnā€™t, oh well) but am not opposed to it. And I say this as someone who participated in donating during the event.

The money might have in some cases came from greedy people, but hey, money is money

5 Likes

I love how you judge me as a skin or object has never been a reason to donate i donate to homeless to kids and to causeā€™s without wanting in return as one day i could be the one needing help i am humble but im angered at how an item could mean more than a soul.

4 Likes

Honestly, if they brought it back or notā€¦. Who cares? Itā€™s literally JUST A SKIN. What really matters is the charity behind it. If they ever brought it back (UNDER THE DONATION SYSTEM AGAIN obviously) it would be really really good for charity (we would probably raise millions of dollars in donations), but if they donā€™t bring it backā€¦. Itā€™s just a skin.

5 Likes

What I do know is that it is insulting to every person who has survived or been lost to breast cancer or has a family member who has survived or been lost to breast cancer to pretend you want a skin to save lives when you could make a donation at any time without getting a reward for it other than knowing you did a good thing.

They arenā€™t. But again, letā€™s not pretend thatā€™s what is going on here. OP has phrased their post as if the saving of the lives is the entire reason they want the skin, when they could make a donation at any time. They donā€™t phrase it as an incidental.

4 Likes

Literally this same assumption has been put on people who have openly talked about they lost loved ones to breast cancer.

You donā€™t know the life of the people who are making these requests. Youā€™re assuming the absolute worst and then applying it thousands of people.

They are speaking on the negative attitudes of people who want the skin to remain exclusive because they are selfish.

And you have twisted that into an attack on their personal life, which you know nothing about

1 Like

Why are you getting so worked up over this? If they want to help, amazing! If they just want the skin, thatā€™s cool too. The money they would pay for the skin would go to charity whether they like it or not. What really matters is helping people, if you do it out of the kindness of your heart, or because you want a mediocre mercy skin, thatā€™s your problem, not mine. You donated to charity either way, so itā€™s a good ending regardless.

2 Likes

I live in the real world. The absolute worst is 99.9 percent of the time the truth.

Iā€™m not? Iā€™m drinking my coffee and perusing the boards, this is what I do in the morning.

It is. My issue is pretending altruism is the main reason one wants the skin when really itā€™s just because PINK MAGICAL GIRL MERCY. Thatā€™s a valid reason too, but be honest about it.

3 Likes

I want it come back so the money can go into charity instead of the people selling pink mercy accounts for inflated prices. Like, I think thatā€™s the bigger ethical problem here? I donā€™t care WHY people donate so long as they do, frankly, but thereā€™s sellers out there making hundreds of dollars in profit off what was a charity reward.

2 Likes

Making up nonsense about people is not living in the real world. Accusations based on nothing is not living in the real world. Itā€™s just cynical selfishness disguised as being realistic.

1 Like

This. I donĀ“t pretend, that I want skin to save lives. I just want skin. And rise some awerness to the important thing via most popular platform, which gaming is. I did my part for charity in past and I still do outside of game, without any reward. Stop calling everyone, who just want a new skin ā€œselfishā€ Like you donĀ“ t know me, nor my actions, nor what I did, okay? Stop with this assumptions.

2 Likes

Yeah the reason i see they wouldnā€™t want it to return is because they want to sell it for money

1 Like

Okay, hope you can hold onto that outlook forever, cause when you hit my age youā€™ll be like ā€œman, Twist was right.ā€

2 Likes

They can do whatever they want honestlyā€¦. What really matters is that they donateā€¦. And whether they want to donate because they want to help the people in need or because they want a mercy skinā€¦. Thatā€™s not really an issue for me. You still donated 15ā‚¬ to an amazing cause and to me thatā€™s all that matters. I honestly see no harm in bringing the skin back, IF, and only IF, people had to donate again to get it. If we can raise awareness and raise millions of dollars in order to help a very serious issue in our world thatā€™s all fine in my book. Even if 75% of those donations were because of the skin and not the causeā€¦.

2 Likes

I am in my thirties and have actually worked with real charities. Youā€™re wrong. Making such a disgusting accusation based on nothing remains wrong.

5 Likes

If itā€™s about saving lives then the argument could be made: why do you need incentive to save lives, just donate to the cause without needing some pixels in return.

But what I wouldnā€™t do is make the assumption about a bunch of strangers that chose to donate to a worthy cause that they donā€™t care about saving lives. Blizzard gave the community an opportunity to do something good and rewarded that generosity.

No body should be casting any shade at those that donated, regardless of the exclusivity of the skin and their desire to keep it soā€¦

They gave when they didnā€™t have to. While others are ONLY going to give IF the skin returns. Let that sink in.

1 Like