The only genji Buff that should go through is his dmg increase

Compared to the vast majority of the playerbase, yes. It’s literally how they got their jobs, you’d have to be an utter moron to claim otherwise. They just happen to still have opinions that aren’t objective, just like everyone else.

As for the topic, Genji is pretty easy to pick up at low-mid ranks because people can’t aim with his counters, while getting above 3700 or so with him is much harder than with many of the other DPS heroes.

1 Like

Df is actually tougher imo if you include rollouts. Its just before current nerfs df was op and people just burning cds could get value easily out of him.

most rollouts got gutted bcs of movement nerfs kinda and most camppoints also… punchbot is kinda the best way atm to play him, rollout play is kinda buggy sometimes and risky as hell

2 Likes

No? Knowing how to when and how to weave in deflect is basic stuff. If you cant do something as simple as that u best play other heroes. There’s are much more harder things that separate bad from good. Movement is the most obvious that separate terrible from mehs, dash distance knowledge separates mehs from decents and execution speed like your speed towards the next decision or action separates decents from goods.

He’s not the most efficient hero at taking care of hitscans though. He’s bad against cree, takes too much time dueling soldiers, not the best possible option against widow you have ball for that and not a good option against widows in long sightline maps. Not the best option against ashe too you have widow for that.

If your talking about best counter to hitscan still no. You have dive tanks for that

His old spread made him hit 2-3 shurikens on tanks anyway. Doesn’t change anything at all. For squishies, your range shouldnt have to be less than a reapers effective range to land all 3 shurikens if you aimed right, its dumb considering other heroes within that range can one shot or outdmg you.

Based on this post you clearly have no idea what your talking about. And your bronze. Genji in that rank according to overbuff is one of the bottom half picks as well as 9th or 10th lowest winrate shouldnt be a problem for you considering genjis there are absolute garbage, just play even nerfed moira or winston or cree or one of the myriad of genji counters. I’m sure you’ll do fine.

Anyone can learn those. It’s braindead easy. Once you figure out how up diags, down diags and bounces work you can make your own rollouts its not that hard.

He was good in every rank up until the recent lifesteal nerfs.

I mean they are. They play the game for a living, but I guess you here know better amiright. The pros said mercy was broken and the plat ranked mercy mains said she was fine look at who was right. Then on the last nerf everyone agreed was too much. They werent wrong about things being op. They arent devs. They arent the one deciding the balance patches, but what they are good at is finding out which heroes are broken and abusing the shayte out of those mofos.

Am I saying pros always have good buff suggestions are good? nah, but they are good at sniffing out imbalance.

thanks for bronze shaming me, guess jonal gaming the GM genji player and pro team coach who was the original guy who had asked for +2 dmg, saying deflect and range buff are unnnecessary and waters down genji’s skill is also wrong i guess.

Just cause i dont have time to grind like others doesnt mean i cant spot issues with a hero and its kit and no i dont need to be gm to do that.

S-tier genji is exactly what they want for OWL. Screw ladder and screw balance, just powercreep all the dps roflmao.

3 Likes

But it’s not going to make players better?
“Oh Genji is going to be S-Tier!”
On what grounds?
Time to kill? Sure.

People who are proficient on Genji will be better, but those who aren’t will basically get the same value.

also who is jonal gaming?

I love the contrast between these posts.

I understand why cancelling deflect is broken. But in the mccree v genji match up… It feels fair. Deflect SHOULD be an incredibly reliable counter to flash bang. But it just isn’t. It can be thrown wide, at his feet etc. It feels like it’s HEAVILY in mccree’s favour, which sucks, because he has a brain dead follow up that requires no mechanical skill whatsoever. But on the rare chance you do deflect it, you’re usually left standing there like an idiot with your @#$& in one hand, while the other deflects absolutely nothing. In theory he should also be great against Moira (without taking the beam into account) due to being able to deflect her ball. But dam balls will deal a considering amount of damage to you before the sweet spot of deflect connects with the ball. And by that point you’ve probably taken 1/3rd of your health in damage, and will most likely have to burn swift strike to get out of deflect, lest you be easily burned down by her beam during the deflect animation.

I’m torn. The buffs are ridiculous altogether. He’s still an immensely popular character. He just needs slight adjustments to make him more relevant. He doesn’t need to be SLAMMED back into the meta.

Genji’s kit is so forgiving that he can hardly be called “high skill”.

He has a double jump with no cooldown.
A dash that can deal damage and also resets upon kills and even assists.
He has a deflect ability.
His secondary fire can headshot for some reason.
His ultimate cannot be cancelled by CC. (Edit: and the same ult doesn’t lock him out of his abilities.)

Except Widow is incredibly popular, arguably one of the most popular DPS in the entire game. She’s played so infrequently because the vast majority of players can’t make her work at all.

I don’t really hate Genji. I think his design has some problems, and I don’t think he’s as hard as his players would think he is (at least not to play at a moderate level, maybe his relative difficulty increases super high up, I wouldn’t know.) I don’t really have all that much problem with Genji unless he’s good, which is any DPS. But I was worried that if you gave him large buffs he might suddenly become a problem.

he’s not overbuffed, and looking at his videos he over exaggerates for clickbait reasons, without watching this video i can tell he did the same thing here.

the buffs to genji did nothing to help his actual issue, which is surviveability, and sustain during teamfights.
genji will still die quite a lot with these changes.

Hardstuck gold player voicing his opinion on games difficulty

:DDDDDD Oh boy

I hope you guys remember this thread when you’re whining about all the closed profiles in this game.

Why can u smell support mains now?

That’s hardly the most absurd one.

Lots of people here think Moira takes skills while Genji is easy.

i agree, genji has a very forgiving kit with quite a lot of room for mistakes. rightclick spam will land shots even if you cant aim, same thing with dash, and a deflect on top of that with short cooldown.
but the flanking aspect is hard and thats what makes him high skill, same way heroes like tracer sombra are. i think all flankers are above average difficulty and that includes genji, because its easy to get punished for mistakes. echo and tracer are harder to play than genji, but echo is a bit op so it kind of evens out. tracer is just straight up harder and less forgiving.

1 Like

Hammond, doomfist, widowmaker, ana, i mean hes not that hard tbh

1 Like

Genji’s sustained DPS is actually already quite high, 125.4 in right-click range. His shieldbreak is roughly comparable to Soldier (116-130), though obviously having to play from a bit closer (depending on the shield he’s RMBing into).

My issue is how much all these changes have de-weighted LMB. I’m fine with RMB feeling a bit more similar in its range and purpose to LMB via the spread reduction, though it obviously gives less reason to go fully in and makes his kit a bit less diverse overall.

If it were balanced around that fact, his experience would be smoother, allowing us to better weave between LMB and RMB in a typical encounter, rather than seeming to shift hard between largely consistent uses of either, and would decrease Genji’s “dead-zone” so to speak between poke range and committed range, but it would come at cost to shieldbreak and anti-tank damage. My issue is that it hasn’t been balanced around that; instead, RMB is continuing to overshadow LMB. I’d rather that if RMB’s effective range is to be increased, its maximal DPS should be decreased in turn, with that portion being siphoned towards LMB, even if that would be a net loss for the character’s currently optimal play just to patch up its less optimal play.

Consider: LMB’s attack interval is .95 seconds, while RMB’s is .65. If landing all three shuriken (which the experimental changes would make far easier), RMB’s DPS is 46% higher than LMB’s. Sure, it’s more limited, but I’d much rather we taper back RMB’s damage potential towards when it fired per .8 seconds and was thereby only 19% stronger than LMB and reinclude the “Free Melee” from point-blank range while expanding RMB’s effective range via a spread reduction rather than having Genji’s optimal play dominated by RMB spam with no further level of commitment viable than just being close enough for all three projectiles to hit (or, situationally, to headshot).