The only genji Buff that should go through is his dmg increase

Genji is more popular than mercy and dva

And other jokes you can tell yourself

3 Likes

No, it helps him against hitscan mostly. I bet this was a particular change they thought a long about, and my guess (as a long time genji player) is that it’s because his deflect timing is crucial to matchups like widow, McCree and Ashe. If you use your E at slightly wrong timing (typically speaking in pro play, it’s a death sentence) because no E means vulnerability because it’s one of his “escapes” along with shift.

This change is 100% intended against hitscan, but it does improve him against a character like Ana and Zen, who are also like “hitscan” in the sense they are glass cannons high carry supports that can be punished if they position badly.

Especially along with the Advent of role queue, you rarely see supports 1 v 1ing Genji unless they have terrible positioning or they are brig/Lucio who’s job is to do so.

You might see a tracer flanking, but Genji’s not really a true flanker. He never was and never will be with his 8 sec mobility CD that needs to confirm a kill to get out. If you’re dying to Genji as a support, you probably have bad positioning and that’s why you’re in low SR.

But those characters aren’t grindy heroes - they have a low skill ceiling but a high skill floor. Genji has a high skill ceiling and a high skill floor.

I mean all of that aside, I just don’t know what you’re saying/arguing for.

I’m saying that saying that genji is the most popular hero is a ridiculous claim

2 Likes

But genji is BRAINDEAD LMAO so idk where you are getting this from. OW in general is an easy game. Sorry to break to u but is not hard

2 Likes

Is it just me or is this frequently-seen argument incredibly dumb?

All heroes with some cooldown between shots spam clicks. e.g. Ana, Zen, Ashe McCree Widow, Roadhog Sigma. There are more.

It’s like people are mad that enemies keep spamming that clicks to kill you lol

3 Likes

From comparing to other heroes?

Genji being hard is a relative term. This game is not particularly difficult to play, but in this game there are heroes that are harder to play than others.

I mean you can go play Starcraft 2 if you like hard games.

1 Like

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope

1 Like

yes comparing to other heroes. Your comment is aimed at Moira/brig/mercy i already know, like most salty flanker mains, but let me break it to u, Genji has HIGH MOBILITY, multiple passives, free get out jail card, deflect, ability reset on confirms and one of the best ults in the game the character is LOADED with tools like its ridiculous. He’s not hard at all, just how easy 90% of the roster is. If I want a hard game or a challenge I’ll go play Fighting games.

5 Likes

You are answering to yourself it seems.

1 Like

No it wasn’t aimed at Moira/Brig/Mercy. They are low bar.

I’m talking about other harder heroes. Genji is harder still, despite the kit he has.

If he’s not hard to you, good. Go dominate with him (doubt you can). Me, I think he’s hard, as do most people, and pros.

Or go play fighting games, or like I said, RTS which is even harder than fighting games.

2 Likes

Yeah pros are SOOOOOO knowledgeable on this game, pros always know what’s right hu? Just like how seagull was right about having mercy reworked right? Into something even worse. Sorry when it comes to being competitive this community is REALLY STUPID including pros. Genji isn’t hard at all, I am currently diamond with support but 1st time I hit Master back in S6 I did it with flankers, they are not hard hell OW in general is easy af.

5 Likes

I can agree with that after reading your comments.

2 Likes

Reading these Genji threads recently has been such a joke. All of a sudden Genji is a no-skill hero, “He wrecks my team in my Gold/Plat games :weary: he’s braindead!” Uh, your rank is braindead. Me on Any Support in a Gold/Plat game instantly makes it unfair. Are all Supports braindead?
Its funny how this logic only goes one way. “Genji is OP in Plat. Braindead.” “Moira is OP in Plat, she’s actually more skillful than you think. Stupid Genji mains.”
Stop pretending like you care about Genji’s skill ceiling/floor, he needs these buffs. Hes got a literal .07% pickrate in OWL in a meta where Ana is a must pick. Hes been replaced in Dive for awhile now. Both him and Mercy have been replaced in Dive due to Add-in heroes powercreeping them.

3 Likes

I would say DF is on par with genji when it comes to skillceiling. Tracer is imo the hardest to master hero in this game aka top1 when it comes to ceiling and needed skill

1 Like

He’s braindead get over it, Character has loads of tools. OW is an easy game if YOU struggle to play then its a YOU problem. Genji was never hard and never will be, supports not that difficult either, tank nor dps u wanna know why??? Cuz this game is easy overall.

Genji is kinda Op on low elo like maybe DF is in many cases, he can double jump and has huge mobility. All that stuff is too much for low elos to handle with. Thats why you still see “nerf” doomfist threads even tho he is nearly trash right now. Everything with movement is op and broken to low elo

1 Like

What ranks your dps? If Genji’s so easy why aren’t you GM instead of a private profile? :thinking:

2 Likes

We should never balance around Plat. Itd literally be impossible with how many Smurfs there are, you’ll never get actual results.

1 Like

i kinda agree with that, but it should be atleast looked at plat/gold. Just look at reaper. Trash in high elo, free elo shower in low ranks

1 Like