The only genji Buff that should go through is his dmg increase

Im good with dmg +2 for shuriken buff as it rounds dmg numbers and makes it easy to setup combos.
However
For all the talk of high skill ceiling hero the other buffs seem drastic measure to make bad genji’s viable, deflect cancel is a overbuff you can already cancel it if you save dash or can use wall climb this is what separates skilled genjis from bad ones knowing how to time deflect dash etc now with cancel its just a easy move to do. its like giving charge cancel to Rein.

The reason for deflect buff seems

he is the most efficient hero against hitscans even without these buffs more than echo or doom or any other hero, dont buff that part of his kit.

The fan spread buff what this does again is give genji more safe distance to spam from especially against tanks this will make him farm ult faster than before were he hit 1-2 shurikens he will hit 2-3 consistently combined with rate of fire buf for fna he got earlier he becomes another tank buster. before he had to get in range of rein to fan his head and carry the risk of being hit now he can do this out of reach of hammer and get same results.

These two buffs reduce the skill ceiling of genji a lot, its not just me even the guy that had been recommending +2dmg shuriken buff for long Jonal gaming a gm genji player and coach also has the same opinion.

The point of buffs should be to make the hero better not water him down by over buffing.

8 Likes

Matches with Genji on either side are the most miserable experiences you can have in this game. There’s something about this braindead right click spam that is intensely infuriating.

32 Likes

Juat increase his ult charge by 5-10% so he gets it at the same rate as before. Thats the only reasonable change I can see.

1 Like

Genji S-tier?

Good. The effort to skill ratio will actually be proportional for once.

11 Likes

Genji isn’t one of the hardest heroes to play and you know it.

Upper half, probably, but Widow is worse. I’d say Doomfist is worse. Sombra is worse. Probably Winston.

15 Likes

Especially when you’re playing Support. He gets in your face and you’re dead before you can even react. I don’t know why people are so adamant that he’s terrible when he clearly isn’t…There are about 6 heroes in a meta. Just because yours isn’t in it doesn’t mean they’re bad - It would be amazing to just not have metas, only the game hasn’t been designed that way so we just have to roll with it.

3 Likes

No I can’t think of any hero harder except maybe Tracer.

1 Like

I would say the more difficult heroes are:

1. Widowmaker
  2. Winston
  3. Sombra
  4. Hanzo (at least while he’s weak like this)
  5. Wrecking Ball
  6. Genji and Ana tied for the next slot

Not sure where Doomfist fits.

I mean, if Genji was so hard to play, I wouldn’t run into good Genji players every few games at my rank. I hardly ever see truly good players on extremely skill heavy heroes.

11 Likes

maybe play something different than genji and rethink your statemant ? kinda dellusional.

15 Likes

I don’t exactly play Genji but I’m gonna be honest, I don’t think those are very conventional ways to be allowed to cancel an ability like Deflect, especially in a world with heroes like Reaper or Mei who can pop in and out of their defenses at will. To me, having to wallclimb or burn Dash (assuming you even have it) seemed like a really awkward restriction that made Genji arbitrarily worse based on pretty random factors, like if he has a wall near him or not. I don’t think it’s very “skilled” for Genjis to have played around this weird restriction, it’s just something Genjis have learned to deal with. As Blizzard said, he’s competing with Doomfist and Echo as mobile damage heroes, and neither of them have wacky restrictions on how to control their abilities, nothing as unconventional as “be close to a wall” or “burn your most precious ability just so you can go back to shooting things.”

Yeah and I wouldn’t compare this to Rein’s Charge at all, that’s just weird to do. Rein’s Charge is a fully proactive move that Rein can aim and can lead into a pin/kill. Deflect’s lethality is directly tied to what the enemy is trying to shoot at Genji, and once enemies know not to shoot at the green swoosh lines, they simply don’t – you don’t get to decide to just not be effected by Rein’s Charge if he’s coming at you, not without actually doing something in return.

I think this is kind of fair because one, Rein is sort of a powerhouse in the meta right now, and two, Rein… has a whole barrier to defend himself, head included. I think it’s fair that since, I think, every single other DPS hero can attack Rein without having to be right in range of him, Genji can be allowed to do so, too. I do think this is a pretty major buff to his potential damage output, but it really just makes attacks more consistent, and I don’t think inconsistency was an intended weakness to Genji’s kit. And giving him more flexible room to engage enemies is pretty fair, again, if you compare him to Doomfist or Echo, they all have decent ranges in which to stay in the battle.

I’d argue that almost any buff to any hero is going to lower that hero’s skill ceiling. Genji in particular is one of the most difficult heroes to play and get value out of, he’s been pushed aside from power creep in other areas, I don’t think it’s unfair to make him slightly more accessible to people. Genji still has all the same weaknesses as before, there’s still many ways to handle him. My only real concern is how quickly he can get Dragonblade up, but even that has received an indirect nerf with Ana’s healing having gone down, meaning there’s also less Nanos – a very important interaction to consider.

With the direction the game has gone, these changes feel pretty warranted. If it means anything, the Moira damage nerf isn’t going through, which means Moira still has some potential to keep his time in the backline limited.

2 Likes
  1. Genji requires better game sense and understanding of positioning compared to Widow.

2. Genji requires better mechanics than Winston.

3. Genji requires everything better than Sombra.

1. Genji requires better game sense and positioning than Hanzo

2. Genji requires better mechanics and positoning than Ball

Why do you think I said Tracer might be harder? I’ve played a lot of heroes.

5 Likes

We’re just going to have to disagree on this one, I’m afraid. I don’t agree with most of your assertions.

But still, I think Genji can’t possibly be too hard, because I run into Genjis that are very problematic at my rank quite often but a truly good Widow or Tracer is extremely rare.

9 Likes

I play him quite a bit when i have to deal with hitscans or doublesnipers, sometimes for fun.Have also played experimental quite a bit.

While genji deflect is no rein charge its not a getaway ability like reaper wraith or mei freeze, his deflect can actually deal back dmg imagine he can deflect fire strike back now he can immediately cancel it and start farming more ult without delay, before he has to atleast burn his cooldown or position to make use of it, it was rarely clunky apart from its hitbox, its part of skill when you can bait a cree flash properly then dash 180 fan melee to kill him its part of his skill ceiling.

it makes him a tank buster simple you dont need another tank buster in this game.
makes it easy for people who dont want to get skilled with genjio is how i read when you decrease spread you increase range for a close range hero, it just makes it easy we can agree to disagree.

1.yes the guy that can run around the whole map in all angles needs better positioning than the one with one getaway if she is dived. +1

2.I think what op was saying was winston skill ceiling is high esp in primal juggling one of the highest skill ceiling in the game.other parts of his kit arent mechanically demanding as genji though.

1. i dont even understand this so im not commenting i will let some sombra mains explain i guess.
  2. hanzo yes he is easier than genji.
  3. genji cant even match ball in the amount of techs ball has, the skill ceiling of ball is infinite and is much much harder to master than the genji combos.
    it will take a page long to list ball techs then the amount of gamesense positioning ball has to have is unmatched.
    How To MASTER Wrecking Ball (ALL TECHS, Beginner and Advanced GUIDES) - YouTube
2 Likes

Genji doesn’t need buffs, and he doesn’t need an easier way to spam-kill squishies

10 Likes

Braindead what are you saying???
Only Muh Genju is skillez
All the other are braindead and abuse

On the side note he has too much leeway for so “high skill”
Just look at dash and blade hitbox
Only skilled ability in his entire kit would be his left click

7 Likes

What I want to know is HOW THE HAIL does allowing him to cancel his deflect make him stronger against hitscan? Like, yeah, it allows him to mind game heroes into not knowing when to start shooting again, but that isn’t just for hit scans and that doesn’t help whatsoever against heroes like McCree or Soldier in many cases. Soldier is just if Genji is already right in his face.

This helps him against supports moreso than anything.

Did you have to include a video with eo much click bait you can taste it from a mile away? Nice point tho. Deflect duration shouldn’t go through. The cancellability(yes that’s a word(don’t check)) of deflect is bs and it’s debatable if it should go through. Id say no. The dmg buff is the only needed buff. The spread buff is just… there. Idk about it

2 Likes

Widow isn’t harder. She’s more brain dead. Tracer… Is harder than genji, has less survivability and is much more vulnerable to cc

2 Likes

How the hell is Winston hard? He’s bad, not hard. Winston is one of the easiest heroes in the game, along with Rein, Brig, Mercy and Moira.

1 Like

Have you considered the idea that Genji is simply the most popular hero, so people are better at him historically (all of the stats on most websites like Overbuff suggest this)? That’s such a braindead reactionary argument - if tracer and widow were more popular, they’d be played more.

The facts are this: Tracer and Widow are up there with Genji. The next tier is Ashe/Echo/McCree/Hanzo who all have much simpler kits then any of the above heroes but are less popular. In fact, I regularly see McCree do more than those other heroes at my low rank MMR too, but the difference McCree is even MORE popular than Genji.

I mean it’s crazy that you (who has no xp) playing the hero claims the hero is easy, but then according to every pro he’s one of the hardest if not the hardest.

You just irrationally hate Genji because he kills bad supports. Good supports can not only survive a Genji, but shut him down entirely by good positioning, healing and providing CC.

Classic Blizzard forums garbage.