The official Mercy fanclub

Hi Ara!

Doubt we’ll get this Mercy skin, but it’s very nice. :smiley: Krampus is one of the best skins for the event, so grats!

I’ll do placements at some point, too. I doubt I’ll go 9-1 though.

Do you think they’ll hand out nerfs so that GOATS won’t be possible anymore? I’ve heard a lot of people are dissatisfied with the method, though admittedly it’s forums, so there are people dissatisfied with pretty much anything.

Very glad to see you again! Hope you won’t be too busy to visit.

I won’t bore you with the details, but my experiences with MMORPGs were quite different.

Honestly, there should be a way to figure out a non-death solution that doesn’t involve selling everybody out. Preferably a very hard scenario, like recruiting Guido’s powerful brother in the first Revelations: Persona.

Well, there’s a third choice! Play Skyrim instead and have a happy ending. :smiley:

Sure, Lydia has been hit on the head way too many times, but she’s the best gal a Dragonborn could ask for. I am not sure why people are so surprised she’s the poster-girl of that game. The artists did a splendid job, and she’s strong.

Not everyone is the same I guess.
The only thing I can’t quit that abuses me every year is the Dallas Cowboys.

I never took her out because I didn’t want her to get hurt.

The trick of playing Legendary difficulty is to let your companion aggro the enemies and fight them while you land the heavy hits. On Legendary difficulty, the enemies have an insane amount of health and an insane amount of damage – but so does your companion. If you try to tank enemies’ damage yourself, you’ll die instantly unless you have great crafted armor, but your companion soaks damage like the enemies do, and the Dragonborn’s attacks are really strong.

Lydia is tops with heavy armor, 1h and shield, so you armor her up and give her items (boots, glove, amulet, ring) that have the Wielding modifier, and you’ll see just how unfragile she really is. The girl can tank a whole bandit camp or a high level dragon without a scratch, if you take the time to provide her with good gear and potions.

That’s what guys love about her: she’s loyal to a fault, stupidly courageous, and really is one of the best NPCs to bring out. Her popularity was so off-the-charts that the Dragonborn expansion added a bunch of special voice lines for her – like, she gets jealous of the Skald girl that’s in the quest line. She mainly talks about fighting though; she’s a fightin’ Nord after all.

I never did the Blades quest line because I didn’t want to kill the dragon on the mountain, but from what I understand, if you go the Blades route, Lydia will even follow you to Sovngarde.

So yeah. xD

1 Like

I’d love to have the pink mercy skin, I think that might be a contender for my favourite. I love the staff but the Witch Mercy will probably always be my favourite. Plus let’s be real, it’s way more fun to hear My Servants never die vs Heroes never die cuz… they do

1 Like

Some times just stupid. She always alerts a enemy camp when sneaking and on occasion will trigger a trap.
The companion I used was some dude I don’t even remember his name. I kept Lydia way out of the fighting until the Hearthfire expansion.

1 Like

A lot of people say she’s reckless, and yeah, if you aren’t used to her, she might get you in trouble.

I let her engage, and then run after her and start the dual-wielding strikes while she keeps them busy. Once you have the Elemental Fury shout (Mount Kilkreath/Statue to Meridia, Shriekwind Bastion, Dragontooth Crater) your dual wielding will be very very fast and powerful. The only trick is to retreat in case they go after you and not her and re-engage once she gets their attention again.

The other playstyle I use is that of a sneak archer (I don’t commit crimes though.) In that case, you depend and rely on Lydia running all-in, because while she’s fighting them, you’re killing them with arrows.

In reasonable gear, Lydia can tank for quite a while, while you’re helping her. In endgame gear, she will be so tanky she can take hits from YOU from endgame without losing much life. So, that Dragon Bow’s Dragon Arrow fired by 180% damage mods from gear, 100 rating in Archery with all perks maxed, and the Dragon Bow is sharpened to hell – does barely anything. Of course, beating up the wife while she’s trying to keep you from getting killed is horrible, but I am just saying, if one of your endgame hits accidentally hits her and not the enemy and that can’t seriously injure her, the stuff you’re fighting won’t either. That’s why I tend to give her my potions instead of carrying them for myself: she’s taking a lot of damage and I am not. I also enchant my stuff for Restoration cost reduction and max out the Restoration skill tree, which allows Grand Healing for little to nothing, and it restores 300 health both for you and for her per cast.

1 Like

Geoff said that balancing out GOATS is not an easy task. Although it appears that Bastion and Symmetra is a good GOATS counter as OW Contenders have been using that strategy. We will have to wait and see if when OWL begins GOATS will dominate stuff.

1 Like

Don’t alot of people play stealth archer in Skyrim?

1 Like

I kinda wonder how the team that invented GOATS is regarded. They’re Contenders but invented this super-awesome-and-effective strategy. On the other hand, a lot of people are frustrated with it and sound like they wish it wasn’t around.

Sneak + Archery is OP as hell, I’d call it broken. At 40 rating in Sneak, a stealth arrow attack does 3x damage of all your other modifiers. That’s on top of them not being aware of your presence.

The problem is if they get next to you, but that’s where Lydia comes in with that wonderful Heavy Armor and 1h-shield combo that’s perfect for tanking while the Dragonborn fires the bow.

1 Like

I was mainly a brute that snuck around sometimes, I never tried Stealth Archer.
Is it fun?

it makes msot of game ez mode even on hardest difficulty.

can exploit it more with invis potiosn and the like.

its less dangerous and most stuff until later game die in 1 hit.

and thats w/o abusing the crafting bug to obtain higher chants.

1 Like

So if I restarted Skyrim play a mage?

why mage?

tbh non modded game mage are slow.
mana limitation is a pain for a long long time.

Play mage for the challenge. Anything worth doing shouldn’t be easy.

unarmed build w/o using any magic or shouts.

You forgot no armor or shrines

I just got Smash Ultimate yesterday. So far I love the game. I tried Zelda and Pichu and I’m going to practice with them because I enjoyed playing as them. Also when i unlock all the characters I will try the world of light.

1 Like

Is Samus as good as Samus has been?

Well, Stealth is good for a couple things:

1. There are situations when you need to quietly liberate something out of somebody’s house without being caught, even if you’re not playing a criminal character. This is theft but not always truly illegal or evil-aligned, such as during the Butcher questline in Windhelm.

2. You can slit throats. If you have the proper Perk in Stealth, this makes your knife do 15 times its damage if it’s stealth damage.

3. Stealth archer is fun as hell. It’s like Widowmaker in Overwatch without them being able to see where the arrow came from. You park on a good vantage point and start picking them off. If your Stealth is good enough, you can hide in plain sight of them, and if it’s REALLY good they usually won’t even catch you until being completely wiped out.

Lydia being in their midst with a large sharp pointy object ensures that even though they see you, they can’t run after you.

So yes, very fun, especially if you’ve never tried it yet.

If your Sneak is high enough, you won’t need potions. You can be across the room in plain sight and they won’t see you. They can be near you and facing you and they won’t see you.

Mage is the weakest class for three reasons:

1. Spell damage is less subject to item crafting augmentation. You can make your Conjuration and Destruction spells cost nothing, but you can’t make giant damage custom spells like in previous Elder Scrolls. You CAN heavily modify weapons using Smithing, Alchemy and Enchanting.

2. Magic is messy. You can aim your sword and avoid hitting your companion, you can aim your bow to avoid hitting your companion, but fireballs and ice storms and such require your follower to have maximum magic resistance or max frost resist, etc. with frost spells. Blowing up your follower is not going to make them very happy with you. And solitary adventuring sucks for a lot of reasons.

3. Exactly like Hotaru said, magic is SLOW. You use up your MP, then you have to either rely on weapons to last you until it fills back up, carry a ton of Magicka potions, or craft gear that reduces casting cost to 0.

That’s direct attacks, though. You can use Conjuration to re-animate powerful enemies you killed. There are some that are so powerful (the Snow Elf enemy near the end of Dawnguard and a couple others) that the zombie follows you permanently and does crazy damage, but if he dies you can just bring him back. So, essentially, a zombie that’s as strong as an uber-powerful ally and never dies. Not going to make you very popular in Nord towns though.

Alteration magic is essentially like armor against wizards, and if you can spare the points, put 3 in Magic Resist and try to get the Atronacht perk at lvl 100 Alteration. If you don’t, you’ll have lots of trouble with end-game wizards.

Restoration magic is very useful, especially if you’re a Warrior. Grand Healing is an area heal spell for 300 a pop, and if you enchanted your gear properly, that’s 0 casting cost.

That’s actually a viable option. Pick Khajit and get the perk in Heavy Armor that allows you to do additional damage with unarmed attacks. Khajit claws do real damage unarmed, and you can kill stuff with it.

Here, kitty kitty!!!

Is Kirby playable?

1 Like

I’m not the best with kirby but he is fun to use as well.