The next dev update is make or break for them

Touche, however id wager that that one character being unplayable could make other characters very unplayable as well.

1 Like

Touche, however I’m not gonna lie I’m confused.

1 Like

Brig isn’t broken. Is Ana broken because she has the highest support pickrate. While brig has the highest winrate.

Disclaimer: I’m approaching this from a developer’s point of view (which I am, myself). As I said, if I don’t get any feedback, I’ll assume things are fine the way they are. If people want things changed, they should submit a bug report or feature suggestion.

The amount of discourse on these forums regarding certain topics would indicate to me that not Torbjörn, but Bastion and Mercy are high priority heroes, alongside the, in my opinion, mandatory bugfixes (some of which are now finally hitting the PTR)

1 Like

Ana’s fine. She’s just boosted in pick rates because Mercy is useless trash right now.

5 Likes

That is exactly what I’m saying. If the majority of people don’t provide feedback because they don’t have feedback to provide, then it may just be fine.

1 Like

I know she fine but people hold up brig high winrate. Yet rein and ana consideer balanced with high pickrates. Which is it is winrate more important than pickrate. Or are people just hating on brig.

Not only that but those games developed esports over time naturally because the community enjoyed having their own tournaments.

Blizzard have actively suppressed community tournaments (read the conditions of running a community tournament) and forced their way into Esports from the very start which is why the OWL is considered a joke by a lot of esport fans as well as commentators.

They also actively moved development resources into the OWL which means a lot of people who bought the game expecting it to be a game not a spectator event are being let down.

And don’t even get me started on how bad it is that they will make balance decisions based on what they find entertaining to watch or how exploitative the contracts are for the OWL players (Google it if you want to see for yourself how disgusting it is).

OWL has been a detriment to this game from the start and it will continue to do so which is probably why Overwatch is in the humble bundle monthly right now and constantly having free weekends to try minimize the dropping player counts.

5 Likes

The sombra nerfs too , never forgive/forget the pros for that

1 Like

WTF!!?! They suppressed community tournaments?!? Jeez. Tell me about an irrespective company toward their players.

trust me, be on the forums enough and thisll be your mood constantly(like mine)

2 Likes

Except, that’s not what I said.

I think I win more games against Brigitte than lose.

Pick Pharah and support her, you’ll most often win.

Yeah, it was; I only added that you may not be getting feedback because they don’t have feedback to give.
My point: You have no way of discerning whether or not they are refusing to give feedback or just plainly don’t have feedback so it’s better not to assume and create decisions based on that.

Yeah, which is stupid once you take into account Brig’s pick rate, which isn’t that high, at all.

They may have higher pick rates, but their win rates are pretty average, so that cancels out.

They be hatin’

Don’t expect too much form it, they won’t be doing something relaly big just before Blizzcon and what we’ll get to know are proabably:

• Small heads up on Torb rework.
  • Something about Pharah changes.
  • Maybe some social feature(s) hint.

I like good e-sports. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A high winrate is more indicative of an overtuned character though. If a character is winning much more often than not, esp. across multiple elos, its an issue.

A character with a high pick rate but a normalized win rate means the other choices for the slot they’re used in are not as engaging.

A character with an average to high pick rate and a higher than average win rate is cause for concern.

1 Like

No it doesn’t…as it’s never been something they’ve had to do anyway…

As long as the game is fun…people will play it…the patches/changes will determine that…not what they do or don’t say in a random video

1 Like

People really didn’t play mercy in pro games. In matchmaking sure but there were far non pros complaining about mercy.

1 Like