The next dev update is make or break for them

countless issues within the game right now and i’d like to see something worth hearing in the next developer update.

balance changes to the likes of brigitte so she’s no longer broken and stupidly easy to carry with would be a good start.

NEW content for the next Halloween update would be a good thing also. not just skins but a vastly improved or even new brawl. summer games was abysmal as it was just a carbon copy of the last one with the exception of a new arena, even too lazy to change the front screen.

more social features is another one as there’s such a lack of them in this game. endorsements have largely been a failure so polish up on that.

information on the torbjorn rework is another one. sadly like every rework they’ve done it will be a monumental failure which will result in the hero still being useless or being overpowered beyond belief waiting 3 months for them to rectify it.

finally… DON’T JUST TALK ABOUT OVERWATCH LEAGUE. it’s only relevant to the minority and is largely the reason the game is in a mess right now. keep it brief as the pro scene is irrelevant to the actual community.

214 Likes

I like the Ow league :slight_smile:

61 Likes

The last patch soothed a lot of concerns, not all, but a lot. Lots of bug fixes across the board.

In my opinion, I think the majority just want answers to FAQs the community has such as their stance on Doomfist’s current OP state, same for Brigitte, Symmetra’s primary fire and state as a whole, CC making tanking a chore to play, etc.

As for the event, there can only be so much new content. I think Lucioball was a stale game mode from the start, made even worse with the changes to Lucio that weren’t accounted for by the developers who failed to tweak the game mode to compensate. Junkenstein and the other PvE modes have more long term potential because they can be played on higher difficulties for a serious challenge or on easier difficulties for casual games.

(I use the term OP generally, personally I don’t find either hero that threatening in my competitive elo since I play quite a bit of Sombra and shut both of them down easily)

9 Likes

100% its more of the same…my wallet is sealed shut

16 Likes

I have to agree in some areas. The flop of summer games greatly hurt them. That added a new stadium but changed nothing about it, same jump pads and everything. Usually when you have a new stadium in a video game other then something like a football game you add new features to it.

The “players” are really disappointed in OWL i thought it was a good thing ar first then to see how much they alter the game to play around less then 100 players is dumbfounded and stupid. OWL is a plague to this game. Things were going so smoothly until they started putting so much effort in OWL we had frequent updates new modes and everything you want from an “evolving game” then OWL stone walled everything and we havnt had much new content since that really impacted players. Retribution was the last good thing they did with this game but that was something they were talking about long before OWL back when uprising came out.

68 Likes

It’s really not. The game isn’t on the verge of dying.

12 Likes

at the current rate i’ll give it 6 months until it just become a spectator sport.

10 Likes

This is the problem - there needs to be some kind of commentary, even if it’s a “we are listening and trying to decide what to do” post. The reality is, at the end of the day, it’s Blizz’ game and they call the shots… you opt in, or you opt out, but it’s just bad business to ignore the community.

13 Likes

Pffft, the arrogance here.

7 Likes

Why do people think this?

It’s really not, It’s relevant to the community because a large part of the balance feedback comes from them.

5 Likes

Good for you, you’re in the minority.

29 Likes

its not dead but they definitely loss alot of players in exchange for viewers.

Overwatch survived the fortnite/pubg craze cause we had new content coming frequently but this year has been super stale besides retribution and that was only for like 2-3 weeks and its gone forever till next year or 2 times on anniversary

4 Likes

remember the mercy rework was largely forced through by pros…

THAT TURNED OUT GREAT DIDN’T IT?

54 Likes

Unfortunately.

15 Likes

dont forget sombra in february pros didnt want sombra in the meta so they added that 2 second hotfix on hack rather then fix the bugs at the time that made her able to hack behind her and walls (which they eventually did) that utterly broke the character. What goods a hacker who cant hack and fight at the same time in a team focused game whos main abilities include hiding and running away

10 Likes

remember the changes the community have wanted that has backfired, too many and i dont even want to go through those.

5 Likes

Many feel it did… just saying.

6 Likes

i’ve never liked mercy but the rework has done nothing but further divide the community and turn a good hero into an abomination.

31 Likes

I love Mercy and the rest of the Healers as is right now.

#FeelsGreatMan

3 Likes

Name a few? I‘m curious.

2 Likes